Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope

Started by ace3g, Jun 13, 2018, 12:48:41 AM

Author
Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope (Read 49,207 times)

azamultic

Hicks I thing Rodrigez was calling them super preds or tougher ones, and Noland used the description like wolf and dog, if I am not mistaken. So I think at that time they were portraing them like more wild therefore stronger preds. But I agree, the movie didn't show that at all. They felt weaker to me compare to City Hinter, Jungle Hunter. 

Corporal Hicks

That might have been the intent early on but it isn't really in the film. You've got one line of dialogue from Nolan that doesn't amount to much. They're not Super Predators as we all thought they'd be from the early script.

azamultic

Hicks I totally agree, I think it's why I am not fan of this movie, I mean I can tolerate it, and watch it, but seeing how 3 preds lost to group of people like that was a underwhelming (I gueass a better action scenes would have saved it for me). I get the logic that this group of people is like team of 8 Dutches and Harrigans but they really didn't show it well in the movie.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The film was a rushed job that really didn't get to fulfil some of it's more interesting angles. The Berserkers should have just been a single Predator for one thing. That said, I still love Predators. I have so much fun watching that and it teases at a lot of other potential things to do with the franchise.

Lionhart

Quote from: azamultic on Jun 19, 2018, 09:26:50 AM
Hicks I totally agree, I think it's why I am not fan of this movie, I mean I can tolerate it, and watch it, but seeing how 3 preds lost to group of people like that was a underwhelming (I gueass a better action scenes would have saved it for me). I get the logic that this group of people is like team of 8 Dutches and Harrigans but they really didn't show it well in the movie.

The movie is just a mess man. One Yakuza guy kills of the Falconer with ease. Royce running around and beating up Berserk, come on. It's a damn parody of a movie. Feels like the director's, producers, writers don't take movies serious anymore.

HuDaFuK

I've always maintained the biggest problem with Predators was how it totally wasted Fishburne's character. That could've been so interesting, but not only was the part written really poorly, Fishburne did nothing to convince me he'd been stranded alone and fighting for his life on this planet year after year.

Otherwise I thought it was pretty decent. Maybe not as memorable as the first two, but entertaining. Loved the look of Falconer, probably my favourite design after the Winston originals.

valua

Quote from: NeverSayNoToPanda! on Jun 13, 2018, 06:33:40 AM
That must be the Marvel Edition :D
Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Jun 13, 2018, 06:35:58 AM
Might join the Avengers in the next movie  ;D
such a true statements! bravo!

Highland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2018, 09:35:09 AM
The film was a rushed job that really didn't get to fulfil some of it's more interesting angles. The Berserkers should have just been a single Predator for one thing. That said, I still love Predators. I have so much fun watching that and it teases at a lot of other potential things to do with the franchise.

Single Predator would have been cool.

I've always wanted to see a movie with two doing the hunting, but like setting traps inside traps, something about two just rings well with me. Maybe it was in a comic I read or something.

Scorpio

Just having Berserker as the villain would have been cool.  Unfortunately, and I think I mentioned this before, they need to sell action figures.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 19, 2018, 09:47:20 AM
I've always maintained the biggest problem with Predators was how it totally wasted Fishburne's character. That could've been so interesting, but not only was the part written really poorly, Fishburne did nothing to convince me he'd been stranded alone and fighting for his life on this planet year

He was too overweight to convincingly play a survivalist stranded on an alien planet for years.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 20, 2018, 01:37:16 AM
Just having Berserker as the villain would have been cool.  Unfortunately, and I think I mentioned this before, they need to sell action figures.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 19, 2018, 09:47:20 AM
I've always maintained the biggest problem with Predators was how it totally wasted Fishburne's character. That could've been so interesting, but not only was the part written really poorly, Fishburne did nothing to convince me he'd been stranded alone and fighting for his life on this planet year

He was too overweight to convincingly play a survivalist stranded on an alien planet for years.

True.  His rich, smooth voice also didn't go with the character imho.  He just seemed really out of place in retrospect  :-\

OpenMaw

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2018, 09:15:32 AM
That might have been the intent early on but it isn't really in the film. You've got one line of dialogue from Nolan that doesn't amount to much. They're not Super Predators as we all thought they'd be from the early script.

You keep saying that, but the line is there, it's in all the film's descriptions. Rodriquez and Antal wouldn't shut their mouths about their new "ipod" predators.

It was their intention, and since it's so muddled in the film only indicates that it was a failure. It has nothing to do with whether or not we had expectations going in. That aspect of Predators is an abject failure.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I keep saying it because ultimately that's what happened. They may have prattled on about it and it may have been the intention but it's just not evident in the film. That one line means absolutely nothing when presented with the actual Predators. They're not "Super" in any sense. Nor are they the "Super Predators" from the script  - though that has made a re-appearance in the new one. It's definitely a failure on their part - especially if they intended to really put any of that across.

skull-splitter

Yet I found the armor designs on Predators more interesting for them being some renegade tribe...

huntin8-t0n

Just like with The Predator, I haven't read anything (script, spoilers, just some official articles) about Predators before watching the movie. I have to say, that it was empasized that those hunters there are superb to the former version of the creature.
Noland said the larger ones hunt the smaller ones, when talking about the feud. Berserker beheaded Classic, which is quite a symbolic move, as I see.

But overall the performed much weaker against humans as the former hunters, also terrain known to them. So that was a shame to the whole concept. In light of that I'm interested how the upgrade will stand its ground in The Predator.

Hollywood

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 20, 2018, 04:53:51 AM
You keep saying that, but the line is there, it's in all the film's descriptions. Rodriquez and Antal wouldn't shut their mouths about their new "ipod" predators.

I believe that "iPod" predators claim was simply referring to the creatures' design rather than their capability/supposed superiority. In the video below (at 31:25) the makeup effects designer, Greg Nicotero,  states RR and Antal requested the classic be referred to as the cassette tape version to the iPod versions that are the new predators. He added they needed to be "sleeker, elegant and fierce." Then he talks about how bigger isn't always better, so they kept the armor closer to the body, swept the dreadlocks to the back of the head and made it a point to have them look lean. None of that translates to capability during the hunt.

So if they aren't bigger or distinctly stronger and aren't better killers based on visual evidence alone, what makes them super predators? Nolan saying the bigger ones hunt the smaller ones (which aren't actually smaller) between talking to his imaginary friend? I get what they were going for but the new predators didn't translate as better in any way, just different in design.

If they showed one new predator kill like 3 classics then I might believe it was a super predator but we get nothing like that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed