Shane Black Talks The Predator Costume Design!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 13, 2016, 05:12:09 AM

Author
Shane Black Talks The Predator Costume Design! (Read 33,254 times)

Corporal Hicks

Maybe not all of it but I definitely don't want to see a repeat of the mask (especially the mask), armour and facial style/markings. I wouldn't be against the kind of evolution that happened between Predator and Predator 2 but I definitely don't want to see another reattempt at the Classic. Scar and Crucified/Classic are enough for me.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 16, 2016, 06:05:58 AM
Scar and Crucified/Classic are enough for me.

Scar was an attempt at the original design?

Crucified, definitely for sure.. which... felt shoe-horned in for fan appeal.

Corporal Hicks

Scar's mask was blatantly inspired by Classic. Not a carbon copy but obvious enough. Yeah, Crucified was done as a callback to the original for fan appeal, no doubt about that but shoe-horned in? Nah but I'm not looking to start a Predators argument in this thread please.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 16, 2016, 06:16:27 AM
Scar's mask was blatantly inspired by Classic. Not a carbon copy but obvious enough. Yeah, Crucified was done as a callback to the original for fan appeal, no doubt about that but shoe-horned in? Nah but I'm not looking to start a Predators argument in this thread please.

I'm not intending to start an argument... If anything I want this film to make me forget about PREDATORS and feel good about the franchise again. I want to keep on being a fan forever if I can help it. Like I said, this movie will make or break it for me.

I want to trust Shane in that he's knowing what to do since he's really holding the first film in reverence... Not so sure what his opinion about the afterward films are concerned. His statements seem to go back and forth.

SiL

Predator 2 opened up a world of inventive designs for the Predator's face. There's a lot of room for movement and I'm cool with seeing different colours, teeth, spikes, etc.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on May 16, 2016, 06:23:21 AM
Predator 2 opened up a world of inventive designs for the Predator's face. There's a lot of room for movement and I'm cool with seeing different colours, teeth, spikes, etc.

I really liked the Predators in Predator 2, the differences in the shapes of the heads and the markings were enough to make each Hunter look different from the other but kept the basic idea with the proportions and appeal. That's... what I want kept in mind for whatever design we get. Predator 2 showed a lot of examples, which I think are great examples and ideas to use for inspiration or resource.

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 16, 2016, 06:05:58 AM
Maybe not all of it but I definitely don't want to see a repeat of the mask (especially the mask), armour and facial style/markings. I wouldn't be against the kind of evolution that happened between Predator and Predator 2 but I definitely don't want to see another reattempt at the Classic. Scar and Crucified/Classic are enough for me.

Yeah. That's exactly what I want to be changed. Go P2 route and give us something different (with proper proportions and in similar style as original two)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on May 16, 2016, 06:59:32 AM
Yeah. That's exactly what I want to be changed. Go P2 route and give us something different (with proper proportions and in similar style as original two)

THAT'S what I wanted to say! God, why do I have... such difficulty with my words? UGH! Thank you though!

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

"In 'The Predator' we're doing a lot of upgrades to what you would consider to be the traditional Predator technology and look"

Could end up cool or lame.Coin is in the air.

predfan65

Any one on here know the concept artist , Luca Nemolato.  Imdb shows he's the concept artist for The Predator. Looks like he's done a lot of movies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Corporal Hicks

Nothing on his various pages. A couple of pieces of creatures featuring mandibles though. I'll dropped him a message to ask if there's any truth in that.

PRJ_since1990

That's all that I want... Respect for the original design. Make it your own but don't disregard it, try to make it obsolete or make foolish choices just for the sake of change.

Would love to see the Lost Predator (Battle Armor, anyone?) from P2 or something similar. And we have to see a new weapon/armor ability. Make it smart though, not just because something new is exciting.

What weapons do we want to see a return to and what needs to be left in the dust? Personally, I want to see the smart disc return in a less corny display. I love the way it bounces off walls in AvP2!

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on May 21, 2016, 12:37:59 AM
That's all that I want... Respect for the original design. Make it your own but don't disregard it, try to make it obsolete or make foolish choices just for the sake of change.

Would love to see the Lost Predator (Battle Armor, anyone?) from P2 or something similar. And we have to see a new weapon/armor ability. Make it smart though, not just because something new is exciting.

What weapons do we want to see a return to and what needs to be left in the dust? Personally, I want to see the smart disc return in a less corny display. I love the way it bounces off walls in AvP2!

I dont like the new weapons design seen after p2
I want the p2 disc

Whiskeybrewer

I do prefer that version of the Disc for a hunt.

While the other one is good for clearing up an infestation and such in AVPR, it was a bit over the top

Corporal Hicks

The shuriken? I quite liked it. However, I'd be interested in seeing a return to the disk. I'd love to see an actual Predator rifle on screen too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed