[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (48.7%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 135,141 times)

BigDaddyJohn

I agree, very underused recently.

SiL

Has it even featured since Predator 2? It was written into AvP but they cut it.

Master

It was used in Predators, with Cuchillo death scene.

SiL

I forgot that! Did The Predator end up using it?

Wolf samples voices then does nothing with them.

TheBATMAN

Yeah Fugitive mimics Dupree's voice in the jungle prologue.

And again in the lab to open the door.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jul 06, 2022, 09:39:52 PMYeah Fugitive mimics Dupree's voice in the jungle prologue.

And again in the lab to open the door.

Was going to come say this. Rewatched it yesterday and was surprised I never remembered the voice mimicry used. Think so much happens in such a short period of time that it's easy to miss in all the noise.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Jul 06, 2022, 09:39:52 PMAnd again in the lab to open the door.

Which as something I actually quite liked in the film!

Kailem

I read back through one of the earlier drafts of the original Predator on here a little while ago, and there was one scene that never made it into the finished film that I've wanted to see in live-action ever since.

It was towards the end where Matheny (Dutch) and the Predator are in a huge log jam that's so big it's almost like an underground cavern, and they're basically at either end of a corridor with a waterfall dividing them and blocking each's view of the other.

The Predator starts using his vocal mimicry to call out to Matheny in the voice of a teammate he thinks could possibly still be alive, and Matheny falls for it, hearing the voice and calling back, moving closer and closer to the waterfall.

But then the Predator screws up and mimics the voice of someone Matheny knows for a fact is dead, and he realises he's been tricked and that the Predator is right there in front of him.

So you get this super tense scene that flips back and forth, where first you have the tension of the main character not knowing he's walking into a trap, and then the tension of having both characters know the other is right there, and who's going to make the first move.

So yeah, I'd love it is this new film got back to using the mimicry in a tense way again, because it's  definitely a cool trait that only tends to be used once or twice in a film.

The Shuriken

Well if all goes wrong with the face. Least we can say is Feral has pretty neat looking gear. Looks like your classic medkit backpack, the spear at his lower back, and...a sword? It kinda looks like it has a trigger.

Master

As said earlier. I think the thing on his shoulder i actually some sort of crossbow.

Doomofman

Quote from: Master on Jul 14, 2022, 10:03:20 AMAs said earlier. I think the thing on his shoulder i actually some sort of crossbow.
Yeah I'm really starting to lean towards that too. Can't really get my head around exactly how it'll all fold out though. I hope it's now a bowcaster like Chewie in Star Wars

pmaz11

Just a random comment, but maybe seeing a bloody skull of some kind by the Predator's left hip/next to spear tip.

Good sign 8)

The Shuriken

Feral also has quills protruding from his shoulders.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: pmaz11 on Jul 15, 2022, 01:00:16 AMJust a random comment, but maybe seeing a bloody skull of some kind by the Predator's left hip/next to spear tip.

Good sign 8)

Good eye ! Seems like it.

SiL

Guess we know what happens to the wolf.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed