Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 317,089 times)

SiL

SiL

Depends on how big Trachtenburg wanted the roar to be.

Doomofman

Doomofman

That side on shot already makes the roar look wider than Wolf's (and I actually think this design is going to be closest to Wolf's out of all the designs we've seen before)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

In the final CGI shot of the trailer, we can roughly see that the mouth seem to open pretty wide.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Quote from: Doomofman on Jun 25, 2022, 08:19:05 PMThat side on shot already makes the roar look wider than Wolf's (and I actually think this design is going to be closest to Wolf's out of all the designs we've seen before)

I can see those similarities with the way Wolf's face design was maybe. As long as the mandibles can close naturally without seeming too disproportionate. I am still very interested in the result & how it's shot.

Keep maybe seeing how the inner-teeth with this new Feral Predator has multiple teeth on the top & bottom rows. Most original designs (aside Scar in AVP) had the 2 top teeth & several bottom ones. So that might add a new subtle look possibly.

I did try to quickly brighten up some of the trailer shots to see the design more:

*Wolf's design wasn't perfect but was able to snag a decent shot or two in AVPR. So hoping for the same with this Feral Predator.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Seeing those trailer screenshots and Wolf side by side just reinforces the thought I had that his top mandibles get in the way of his eyes. Though maybe it's like our nose where the brain just essentially edits it out of view

BlueMarsalis79

Jesus Christ, no wonder Voodoo left, these might be the most horizontally stretching mandibles of all time and will absolutely have huge flappy lumps.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I'm pretty well prepared to dislike the design of this preds face but I'll give it a chance first.

As long as the movie is good though I can live with an ultra crabator.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I can't wait to see the eyes. It's what gives soul to these creatures after all.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 26, 2022, 02:29:23 PMI can't wait to see the eyes. It's what gives soul to these creatures after all.
I still think Dane pulled a sly one with that bigfoot suit pic and the orange contacts he was wearing there are actually going to be the feral's eyes

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Doomofman on Jun 26, 2022, 09:04:30 AMSeeing those trailer screenshots and Wolf side by side just reinforces the thought I had that his top mandibles get in the way of his eyes. Though maybe it's like our nose where the brain just essentially edits it out of view

Looking at that brightened-up screenshot definitely gives that impression. Perhaps this one's eyes are going to be higher up compared to previous designs? It definitely looks like he's got a more pronounced forehead that sticks out compared to the rest of his head, and the largely flat foreheads of other Predators, so maybe the eyes will kinda be surrounded a bit more by that for a more menacing look?

Either way, I'm super curious to get a good, proper look at him in the film.

Yautja888

Yautja888

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 26, 2022, 01:26:34 PMYeah I'm pretty well prepared to dislike the design of this preds face but I'll give it a chance first.

To me, it can't be good with a crabator onboard, the design is essential.
Imagine if City hunter had Scar's face. Anyway it's too late.

426Buddy

426Buddy

City Hunter had a couple really wonky face effects too, but still a great film.

If AvP or AvPR had been great movies I would have forgiven the effects.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jun 26, 2022, 06:24:20 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 26, 2022, 01:26:34 PMYeah I'm pretty well prepared to dislike the design of this preds face but I'll give it a chance first.

To me, it can't be good with a crabator onboard, the design is essential.
Imagine if City hunter had Scar's face. Anyway it's too late.

City hunter looks great but his mouth moves pretty choppy and chunky sometimes, along with some folding like ADI does. Even Jungle Hunger had a bit of a floppy head at some points. The best aren't even perfect. Let's wait and see until the actual product comes out so we can view it in context, instead of quick cut frames from the trailer meant to get us all talking.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's an Imhotep Pred:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed