How obsessed of Alien/Predator are you?

Started by bobby brown, Apr 18, 2018, 07:53:08 PM

Author
How obsessed of Alien/Predator are you? (Read 3,368 times)

bobby brown

bobby brown

Sup, my guys, and gals.

This is not a cry for help or anything, I enjoy my life but I am curious about how my obsessive fandom affects me. Alien has been a part of my life almost as long as I can remember. HOW can you not be utterly sick of aliens by now?
Every day, SEVERAL TIMES, ALIEN ALIEN ALIEN. :P

Currently, I visit these board several times a day, even during work breaks. I'm googling and youtubing alien related stuff all day

I have been a fan of aliens since around 6 I think. It has come and gone through periods, but the last ten years its been nonstop.
I just never get sick of it. "ALIEN ALIEN ALIEN" my girlfriend and I sometimes teases my obsession. the last movie came out a year ago and I still harbor a deep need to discuss it in detail.

I am currently a 26-year-old white male living in Sweden with my girlfriend of 6 years. I work hours as a geriatric nurse at an elderly home close by. When I am not needed, I spend my days as stated above.

I have even proposed to "detox" for the next month. (after alien day, and the arrival of my sweet artFX statue) By putting away all my alien related stuff, and try my hardest to stay away from this site.

can anyone else here relate?

Wweyland

I've been a fan for about 19 years. In that time, I've had gaps of moderate to low fandom, for example after the first AvP movie was released. I also remember a post from AvPGalaxy at that time along the lines of "The movie was very bad, I am done with this shit".

Currently, I experience a surge of fandom and trying to catch up with some books and games I have missed. Sadly, it doesn't feel the same as it used to though.

I think the highpoints in the franchise in the long years have been Alien: Isolation and the Alien Quadrilogy box set (back in 2003) with all Special Editions.

Petefrombirmingham

Alien/predator also has been a part of my life for as long as i can remember. From playin wiv the kenner figures, to watchin the films daily and having my mom tell me "you hav killed these films off" 😂.

I wouldnt say it was a obsession its a passion. Loving alien also developed my skills in artwork.. I loved the fine detail in HR Gigers alien n to draw that on paper over n over again it really helped me progress.. Its beautiful.
It is something to be celebrating i think.. If i ever have kids i will be sure to let them experience alien/predator :)

Darwinsgirl

Obsession? Close.. ;) Though I do go in streaks of enthusiasm. Where every day at some point I'm reading about ALIEN,watching something related to it. Checking this website multiple times. I will be immersed in it.

Then...nothing. I will move on to other interests. I always come back to it. ;D  I took a year off at least this last time maybe 2? Some of the members who were frequent poster's are gone Maledoro. Some of the folks from AlienExperience. Lots of new blood. :) It keeps it interesting. And as always I'm amazed at the degree of knowledge members have here. I'm not sure the exact year I became a fan? Before ALIEN 3 was released.

The main reason I'm drawn to it...the characters,the genre and the ALIEN itself "wondrous". "The perfect organism". Always new worlds to explore & new characters. I'm continually learning and being introduced to various ideas and opinions about this franchise I love. Also research. I love researching it. Yes its fiction but its fun. ;D

And Ridley Scott. Big fan of him. Dan O'Bannon and Giger's creation too. Pretty much ALL things ALIEN. 8)

whiterabbit

Well I talk shit here and watch the movies. Pretty sad really.  :P

SM

It's aight.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Normally I go into fanboy mode when there is new stuff coming up. The time I was the most into it was when AVPR was coming out, I spent quite some time searching for stuff related to it, it was why I started reading these forums, but again I was 12 at that time and didn't have to deal with more important stuff. The last movies weren't such a big deal so I'm not really excited about The Predator and if Ridley will continue whatever the hell he is trying to do this time.

Lately I got more into the franchise when the last games were about to be released, AVP2010, A:CM, ALIEN: Isolation. Also when I read the the first Rage War novel I got a little obsessed on how the story would continue, good times. Unless a new game or a novel which can add a lot to the lore is announced, my enthusiasm will remain neutral.

Local Trouble

I'm so obsessed, I'm having my cranium surgically elongated.

KillCrites

Honestly it depends on what day you ask me. I go through a cycle where I'm mega obsessed with one thing for a month or so and then I switch back to another fandom for a bit.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 19, 2018, 05:33:48 AM
I'm so obsessed, I'm having my cranium surgically elongated.

And your eyes covered with skin grafted from your ass?

bobby brown

Quote from: KillCrites on Apr 19, 2018, 01:32:17 PM
Honestly it depends on what day you ask me. I go through a cycle where I'm mega obsessed with one thing for a month or so and then I switch back to another fandom for a bit.

Yeah, lately I have been all about Weyland Yutanis logos, and graphic elements from the various films. I have ordered a bunch of patches to pimp my jacket with.

Conclusion: The wings are the coolest.

Wweyland

Anyone got a related tattoo?

Petefrombirmingham

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 19, 2018, 07:33:25 PM
Anyone got a related tattoo?

I wud love one.. But jus not sure wot to get

Wweyland

A WY logo or a Colonial Marine logo would be nice.

Corporal Hicks

If I wasn't such a huge wuss I'd have a tattoo. Either a coiled CB like the Alien 3 poster (Queen or normal) or I'd have an Alien coiled up too. Maybe even the AvP logo we're using on a lot of our socials atm.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed