Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 71,024 times)

Nukiemorph

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 06, 2020, 09:09:52 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 06, 2020, 06:23:11 AM
https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/status/1310193055031603201
Let's hope the line art he's doing is actually from his sketch, and we're not getting another Land situation.
Well Googling Valerio Schiti doesn't result in dozens of articles about plagiarism, so... :D

Quote from: EJA on Oct 06, 2020, 03:12:11 PM
I'm starting to be more and more convinced we won't get any crossovers with mainstream Marvel characters.
Not sure what's changing your mind. We've hardly heard anything.

I'm sure they'll do the occasional crossover. I don't see why not.

Voodoo Magic

426Buddy

Dark Horse has already done the crossover thing with DC so does it really matter if its Iron Man and Wolverine instead of Superman and Batman?

Kradan

Well, there's a fear that crossover stuff is gonna be majority of Marvel Aliens comics. Only time will tell

Nukiemorph

IGN reported that Alien and Predator would stay in their own universe and wouldn't simply be rolled into the superhero universe, but I'm not sure where they got that info.

I know Conan got to stay in his own universe and remained pretty violent, so that bodes well.

Kailem

Yeah, but he also crossed over with the Marvel universe too:

Regardless of how they might ultimately be handled or how long it takes, I think the chances of Aliens and/or Predator not getting any crossovers at all is pretty much nil.

Perfect-Organism

I'm ok with the occasional crossover provided that the main canon remains separate.  If they try to fit the main Aliens films into the MU of MCU somehow... yikes!

Kradan

Kailem

Kailem

Marvel's January solicts are out, and there are a bunch of "Marvel vs Alien" variant covers listed, including ones for Venom #32 by Ryan Brown:

King in Black #3 by Valerio Giangiordano:

Black Cat #2 by Peach Momoko:

Guardians of the Galaxy #10 by Pepe Larraz

Iron Fist - Heart of the Dragon #1 by Kim Jacinto:

Wolverine #9 by R.B. Silva:

X-Men #17 by Russel Dauterman:

Iron Man #5 by :Junggeun Yoon:

Immortal Hulk #43 by Declan Shalvey:

Fantastic Four #28 by Joshua Cassara:

Avengers #41 by Leinil Yu:

Captain America #27 by Ivan Shavrin:

Captain Marvel #25 by Jamie McKelvie:

Black Widow #5 by Terry Dodson:

Amazing Spider-Man #56 by Mark Bagley:

Miles Morales - Spider-Man #22 by Valerio Schiti:

Thor #11 by Daniel Warren Johnson:

Shang-Chi #5 by Iban Coello:

There are also listing for variants for Spider-Woman #8 by Javier Garron, Daredevil #26 by Rahzzah and X-Force #16 and Marauders #17 both by Salvador Larroca, but those don't seem to have been revealed yet.

Nightmare Asylum

There's a few more that can be seen here. I guess they're doing this for every comic they're releasing in January.

https://www.gamesradar.com/aliens-vs-marvel-universe-crossover-revealed-for-2021-across-variant-covers/

Meh. I guess it is fun but most of the art doesn't really seem like anything special to me.

Ultramorph

The Venom covers are nice, so is the GotG cover. My guess it February is Predator cover month, then the first actual series in March or April.

Nukiemorph

Some of these look pretty good, but I hate it when artists draw the neck too far forward, so the vast majority of the head is protruding backwards. The Captain American one is a perfect example. It looks so goofy to me.

The Iron Man one has the same issue... and is that a BRAIN under the dome in that one? God.

Are these artists just drawing the alien from memory after seeing the film years ago?

Xiggz456

Really like the Venom and Captain Marvel one! Definitely a great way to build the Aliens hype amongst Marvel readers!

PVC

Hi.  As a true fan .... I feel sad.  Terrible. Useless   Horrible  hugly.    Nothing special. Not fun                                     I feel sorry mr Giger    So sorry

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed