Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 71,048 times)

guymelfe

How did it work out that Marvel gets to reprint the work the DH did? It seems logical that they have the franchise moving forward due to the Fox/Disney merger, but how is it that they get to reprint someone else's work? Did DH have the worst contract ever with Fox that allowed them to basically run off with all their work? Or is this in partnership with DH? Sorry if a dumb question. The few articles I've looked at don't address this aspect of the deal, so I was curious if anyone knew or I just missed it.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: guymelfe on Sep 06, 2020, 02:41:11 AM
How did it work out that Marvel gets to reprint the work the DH did? It seems logical that they have the franchise moving forward due to the Fox/Disney merger, but how is it that they get to reprint someone else's work? Did DH have the worst contract ever with Fox that allowed them to basically run off with all their work? Or is this in partnership with DH? Sorry if a dumb question. The few articles I've looked at don't address this aspect of the deal, so I was curious if anyone knew or I just missed it.

Disney owns the franchise, and thus owns the rights to any material made. When they moved operations from Dark Horse to Marvel, they also inherited Dark Horse's backlog. The same thing happened with Star Wars.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: guymelfe on Sep 06, 2020, 02:41:11 AM

It's quite a normal process.  When Dark Horse took over the Star Wars license many years ago, they reprinted all of Marvel's old Star Wars series too.

EJA

I quite like the idea of the Predators interacting with the heroes of the Marvel Noir-verse.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, Predator to me just naturally fits better in crossovers, especially when you're dealing with Marvel superheroes.

SiL

I'm awaiting the inevitable Alien vs XMen where Aliens are born with host mutant powers.

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure DC has already knocked that one out.

SiL

Yeah, but now we need Marvel Branded Super AliensTM.

Kimarhi

The aliens already killed a lesser comic publishers superheroes and did that very thing.  And the characters that died stayed dead.

Perfect-Organism

As long as these silly cross-overs are kept as a separate canon I'm ok with all of this.  Particularly i would be ok with seeing a Venom Aliens cross-over.

Corporal Hicks

EJA

I'm starting to be more and more convinced we won't get any crossovers with mainstream Marvel characters.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 06, 2020, 06:23:11 AM
https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/status/1310193055031603201

Let's hope the line art he's doing is actually from his sketch, and we're not getting another Land situation.

Russ840

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 06, 2020, 09:09:52 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 06, 2020, 06:23:11 AM
https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/status/1310193055031603201

Let's hope the line art he's doing is actually from his sketch, and we're not getting another Land situation.

Im sure it's not.

Kradan

Quote from: EJA on Oct 06, 2020, 03:12:11 PM
I'm starting to be more and more convinced we won't get any crossovers with mainstream Marvel characters.

Are you glad or mad ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed