Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by Nyarlathotep, Oct 17, 2018, 11:12:46 PM

Author
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Read 2,460 times)

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Noticed to my surprise that there wasn't yet a thread for red dead 2 so I felt that I had to make one.

The Old One

The Old One

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

I couldn't imagine working 100 f*cking hour weeks. 40 is enough for me lol. Anyway I can't wait for this game to come out. All's I'm literally going to be doing during me free time is playing this game.

The Old One

The Old One

100 hours?

No purchase.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Red Dead Redemption is one of the best video games of all time in my view, and I see RDR2 being even better. I dig that it's a prequel, which makes it bittersweet considering we know how it all ends.

Jutland

Jutland

I'm playing this game and I am completely absorbed by it

PredBabe

PredBabe

I'm surprised there's not a lot of attention for RDR2 on here. Just completed the story mode and I can't get over this game right now. Arthur Morgan has some of the best character development I've seen. I'm obsessed with him and this masterpiece of a game.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: PredBabe on Nov 29, 2018, 02:24:40 AM
I'm surprised there's not a lot of attention for RDR2 on here. Just completed the story mode and I can't get over this game right now. Arthur Morgan has some of the best character development I've seen. I'm obsessed with him and this masterpiece of a game.
When all was said and done, I actually liked Arthur more than John. His voice, attitudes, everything.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

What a f**king great beautiful amazing extraordinary game !

The Old One

The Old One

Narrative masterpiece.

Uneven gameplay though.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Huntsman on Dec 17, 2018, 12:18:00 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Nov 29, 2018, 02:24:40 AM
When all was said and done, I actually liked Arthur more than John. His voice, attitudes, everything.

Agreed! I wasn't expecting to like his character, or the entire game for that matter, as much as I do but Rockstar hit it outta the park. I wasn't sure what to expect from the game and figured it would be one that I would just stop playing but that just wasn't the case. It's phenomenal .

WinterActual

WinterActual

Pre-ordered the game but I played maybe 9-12 hours. My wife is still playing it though. The first game is her fav game of all time, and thats the main reason I bought the game lol. I like the story and the detailed world but I find the gameplay rather annoying. I HATE the Wanted system, its so annoying - fire a weapon near town - disturbing peace - everyone is shooting at you; kill a dog with my horse by accident - animal cruelty - everyone's shooting at you; try to rob a train in completely desolated area - wanted arthur morgan.... and other stuff like this. Also I cant roam for 20 min in the open without some deers or rams pushing/attacking me for no reason. The "simulation" part is too much, its like I am playing Sims - got tired or feeding, bathing, trimming and putting my guy to sleep after 2 hours of gameplay.

Otherwise the game have some great mechanics - the hunting is amazing, the weapon handling and the cleaning part is great, all the animations are gorgeous, how you get dirty/bloody is nice, the bonding with your horse is kinda nice, the camp system is good in concept but badly executed even so I liked it, the crafting of unique items is very sweet too.

But those things were not enough for me to keep me playing. The wanted and sims systems were too much. Maybe I am getting old, I dunno, I just prefer more straight forward experience these days. I mean like in Skyrim or Far Cry 5 where I don't have to look after my guy or worry about doing anything really or otherwise I'll be "wanted". Not a bad game at all, just not my cup of coffee. I liked the first one though lol. No complaints about it (just the lack of weapon customization).

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I absolutely adored Red Dead Redemption, one of my favourite games of last generation.

That said, I've not really forgiven Rockstar for completely abandoning single player DLC for GTA V in favour of selling Shark cards to kids online (and then turning the game's multiplayer into a clusterf*ck of griefers where it's basically impossible to do any actual GTA stuff unless you shell out real cash yourself). That's probably why I haven't rushed straight out to buy this. Figured I'll wait and get it at half the price a few months down the line.

Huntsman

Huntsman

I played as a nice guy with Arthur. With John though, I'm playing as a grumpy and aggressive outlaw. Talking smack to everyone and shooting as many people as possible who don't like it. Much more fun this way.

Darkness

Darkness

Currently playing through Red Dead Redemption 2. Kinda bummed there's proper fast-travel system in place and you can't even give your horse auto waypoints to follow like in Assassins Creed Odyssey.

The hunting seems to be really hard too. I'm supposed to get perfect skins of creatures to upgrade stuff, yet finding the creatures and then getting a perfect skin seems impossible to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed