Prometheus Rated 15 in UK

Started by Darkoo, May 09, 2012, 09:34:46 AM

Author
Prometheus Rated 15 in UK (Read 9,743 times)

Darkoo

Darkoo

Prometheus Will Be A 15 In The UK
Good news, UK horror / sci-fi fans! Word has emerged that Ridley Scott's Prometheus will be receiving a 15 certificate in the UK - and that's a 15 secured without any cuts or edits, so we're seeing it very much as the director intended.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33910

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

15 certificate will do.  The BBFC rating system is bizarre though.  AVP received a 15 rating despite it being PG-13 in the States.

RustiSwordz

RustiSwordz

The BBFC works in mysterious ways... ;)

MrLee

MrLee

Aslong as it isnt tame, has hardcore violence (when necessary) and has truly terrifying space horror.... im content.

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

The original Alien is definite 15 material nowadays though.  Off the top of my head, I think there is only one f-bomb?  The violence is brief and sharp, not lingering and gratuitous.  Its mainly its tone which is unsettling.  The chestburster scene renders this all moot though.  The most violent, disturbing, bloody scene cranks it right up to an 18. 

I think Prometheus' apparent companion scene
Spoiler
The C-Sec scene
[close]
will not even come close in rivalling its intensity.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Promethean Fire on May 09, 2012, 01:23:51 PM
Spoiler
The C-Sec scene
[close]

Spoiler
Those damned turians get everywhere...
[close]

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 09, 2012, 01:36:52 PM
Spoiler
The C-Sec scene
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Last 8-Minutes of the movie -

Spoiler
The Engineer is piloting Sovereign, Shaw must choose Red, Blue or Green to save the universe
[close]

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Promethean Fire on May 09, 2012, 01:46:20 PM

Spoiler
The Engineer is piloting Sovereign, Shaw must choose Red, Blue or Green to save the universe
[close]

First review just in...

Spoiler
Peter Weyland in Cerberus funding shocker - ILLUSIVE MAN REVEALED AS TRUE DESIGNER OF DAVID. :o
[close]

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

They keep saying no cuts, but in France, they are already advertising the Blu ray as having 20 mins of Deleted Scenes.

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 09, 2012, 01:52:30 PM

Spoiler
[close]

First review just in...

Spoiler
Peter Weyland in Cerberus funding shocker - ILLUSIVE MAN REVEALED AS TRUE DESIGNER OF DAVID. :o
[close]

ZOMG!!1!  I want my DLC new ending in the theatre!  Stat!!

Quote from: GreatKnower on May 09, 2012, 02:00:09 PM
They keep saying no cuts, but in France, they are already advertising the Blu ray as having 20 mins of Deleted Scenes.

Link?

I know that at the Paris press conference there was a misunderstanding that 17 minutes were cut.  Ridley was in fact referring to Legend and not Prometheus.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: GreatKnower on May 09, 2012, 02:00:09 PM

I'll copy and paste what I said in another thread:

"No offence but it's a tad too early to be releasing information on Blu-Ray and DVD features for a film that hasn't even seen its theatrical release yet.

It also strikes me as a little odd that a random DVD company from France is the only one releasing this information.

It's highly likely that somebody that works for 'DVD en français' is a Prometheus fan absorbing false information OR a Prometheus fan contacted them with this "exclusive" information.

A lot of people are under the impression Ridley Scott mentioned 20 minutes being cut from Prometheus.  He was referring to 17 minutes from another film.

To me, this is a case of broken telephone."

GreatKnower

GreatKnower

https://twitter.com/#!/dvdenfrancais/status/199301701893767168

This guy has always been right in the past.

UK release in October and US release in November.

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Quote from: GreatKnower on May 09, 2012, 02:29:05 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/dvdenfrancais/status/199301701893767168

This guy has always been right in the past.

UK release in October and US release in November.

Even if this is true, this will refer to scenes that were cut by Ridley willingly as being superfluous to the plot. 

No scenes have been cut for violent or adult content.  Allegedly.  ;)

EGM1966

EGM1966

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 09, 2012, 01:36:52 PM
Spoiler
The C-Sec scene
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Damn that ending was crap!  Total failure.

Divpax

Divpax

The original Alien is definite 15 material nowadays though.  Off the top of my head, I think there is only one f-bomb?  The violence is brief and sharp, not lingering and gratuitous.  Its mainly its tone which is unsettling.  The chestburster scene renders this all moot though.  The most violent, disturbing, bloody scene cranks it right up to an 18. 

I think Prometheus' apparent companion scene
Spoiler
The C-Sec scene
[close]
will not even come close in rivalling its intensity.
But Alien IS a 15, it was reclassified.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed