Female Predator in Predator hunting grounds

Started by The Cruentus, Dec 30, 2019, 06:38:55 PM

Do you agree with the current look of a female Predator? (breasts, narrower body)

No, they shouldn't have breasts or any other female human like body proportions.
16 (25.4%)
Yes.
22 (34.9%)
Meh, not bothered.
23 (36.5%)
I don't know.
2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author
Female Predator in Predator hunting grounds (Read 23,927 times)

Voodoo Magic

Shinawi

There could be two types of females: one with the breasts and the other with the vagina.

Katanu

Not sure what I think about it. At first glance I'm against the breasts, but I'm willing to wait and see how it looks in the game before I form my opinion.

razeak

A huge chunk of Earth's creatures have nipples.

It's really not a stretch that if life springs up on another world that evolution wouldn't follow a similar path. We've already seen how evolution responds to the conditions of Earth and Earth's history.

I mean, predators have mouths. Why not a proboscis? Predators have a taste for beef. Why not be a herbivore? They have binocular vision. Why not more?

Once you start questioning other traits they share with Earth creatures, it's not really worth fretting over.

Gr33n M4n

I liked the idea of the Predator having no gender. A species of Hermaphrodites, having both sex organs.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: razeak on Mar 12, 2020, 01:45:10 PM
Once you start questioning other traits they share with Earth creatures, it's not really worth fretting over.

Word.

Huggs

Quote from: razeak on Mar 12, 2020, 01:45:10 PM
A huge chunk of Earth's creatures have nipples.

Thank God.

They're such fun.

SM

I don't see a problem. It's a visual medium and a game. There's no space for Attenborough-like examinations of physiology. Players just want to kill things.

I get angry when licensees unnecessarily f**k with the source material, but you get over it and this isn't even f**king with source material.

shadowedge

I think them having breasts is fine. The males look like buff human males with reptile skin and different faces. It makes sense the females would be similar to a human female. They may or may not have nipples as the male Predators do not though.

They are humans in a monster suite after all.

I do appreciate that IllFonic was able to include male and female skins for both the humans and Predators on such a limited budget. I remember a couple years ago big AAA studios said that they could not include female skins/models due to the extra work and budget needed. Props to IllFonic for being inclusive! :)

ResolutionBlaze

Eh.  I can play it off as it perhaps just being a biological variant or something.  I'm not really looking for this game to be 100% lore friendly as much as it be as authentic as it can.

The game looks and feels authentic.

I know that something something reptiles don't have breasts or whatever but its not a big deal.

razeak

Well if The Predator has anything to say about the matter, all that DNA stealing probably added boobs and weiners anyways.

Huggs

Quote from: razeak on Mar 30, 2020, 02:15:22 AM
Well if The Predator has anything to say about the matter, all that DNA stealing probably added boobs and weiners anyways.

David wasn't doing so well without one either. I imagine life without testicles was a hard road for such a masculine species. Something just had to be done.

Gr33n M4n

We all had some thoughts about a female Predator at least once in our lives  ;D

Huggs

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 30, 2020, 02:27:53 AM
We all had some thoughts about a female Predator at least once in our lives  ;D

And a couple of xeno queens.  ;)

Don't feel guilty. Plenty of ladies here have been known to get alittle wild over the mandibled humanoid.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

I voted no.

Predators are an alien species, and although they look like tall athletic buff men, I still never thought of the Predators as men/male. I see the Predator species as a very masculine yet genderless species with only one sex - hermaphroditic. They look more reptile than mammal and for some reason I always envisioned them being cycle-wise like seahorses but procreating somewhat like fish or frogs. Attraction and gender/sex-specific attributes just feel off and make the Predators too similar to humans.

The theory I've been playing around with goes like this: Predators live through cycles - the longest cycles are the asexual/infertile cycles, which last for several decade, which shortly segue into sporadic female/fertile or male/fertile cycles.

When a Predator is in its "female" cycle it dispatches roe-like eggs in spawning ponds. Predators in their "male" cycles produce milt instead of roe, and they will smell the scent of the roe in the spawning pools, which attracts them to deposit their milt in the clusters of roe in the nutrient-rich water. Both roe and milt are regurgitated.

Now, to make this more interesting I kind of pictured that the female cycle Predators will guard the spawning pools from hungry animals as well as from unworthy male cycle Predators. The "female" cycle Predators will challenge the "male" cycle Predators - either "herself" or by pitting two "male" cycle Predators against each other (maybe it depends on the clan). The winner gets to deposit "his" milt. Once the milt load has been dispatched, the "male" cycle Predator takes over the duty to guard the spawning pool, as the load hopefully will fertilize the eggs in the water.

Out of all those roe eggs only two or three develop and hatch into Predator spawn and the Clan, or parts of the Clan, will help guarding the offspring as well as keeping the nutrients in the water high until the infants are developed enough to feed themselves. In this concept Predator babies are more or less aquatic/amphibian, which is a trait the mature away from the older they get. Once they leave the water they will start being taught and trained to become hunters, warriors and whatnot.

In this theory the "dreadlocks" could actually be the leftover organs Predators have when they're in their most primitive form - organs meant to absorb and suck up the nutrients in the water of the spawning pool, or whatever body of water they were reproduced in. In other words - no need for nipples, boobs, penises and vaginas.

This would also explain the odd reproduction method of the Predalien hybrid seen in AVP:R.

Anyways. From a commercial point of view I can definitely see the allure in having female Predators with human female bodies heads down as that is the easiest and commercially safest way to appeal to the average gamer and people outside the Predator fandom. I doubt that Big Mama from Deadliest of Species is going to jive well with horny teenage boys and their expectations for boobs, legs, curves and tiny waists.

If they are going to introduce Predator females as different looking than the males, then at least make them flat-chested and skip the nipples.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed