"Boreal Nightmare"/Aliens: Colonial Marines: "Iceworld" Audio Dramas

Started by TheSailingRabbit, Jun 10, 2019, 08:11:39 PM

Author
"Boreal Nightmare"/Aliens: Colonial Marines: "Iceworld" Audio Dramas (Read 19,591 times)

Anarchist86ed

Bunny has a short 11 minute preview to listen to.

Anarchist86ed

Corporal Hicks

Really looking forward to Halloween!!

TheSailingRabbit

"Ten days? Hey, man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last ten hours!" - Hudson.

Anarchist86ed

Can we dream for the next ten days?

Anarchist86ed

I figured the Corporal would just put it back here, so I didn't make a new topic.

This squad of puke sprayin' bad-asses just got bumped up to the level of bitches. Prepare for drop! Aliens: Colonial Marines: Ice World is now available. Written by TheSailingRabbit.

YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yamGR6qfurA

Download the MP3: https://t.co/Gjxm53uAEv?amp=1

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I don't really read fanfiction these days due to time (sorry, Bunny), but I have plenty of car time to listen to audio so I was really looking forward to you pair teaming up and me getting to hear something Bunny had a creative hand in. I wasn't expecting it to be a series, though. Thought it was going to be a one-and-done so I'm happy about more.

I admit I was a little confused at the start, as I thought it was based on the Sulaco gang but that got cleared up. It's certainly different and I'm very curious to see where it all goes with the creatures. As always, I'm not keen on the reused dialogue. I'm not sure who I'm blaming for that - Bunny or Anarchist - but I doubt I'll ever not have a problem with it.

I also didn't like the King and I. Just felt entirely unnecessary to have such a huge chunk of it. I didn't enjoy that. Otherwise, as usual, a very well sound designed and engineered piece of Alien goodness! Looking forward to the next one.

Kradan

Hicks, you're saying you don't like something about Alien's audible-drama ?

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 01, 2019, 08:55:42 AM
I don't really read fanfiction these days due to time (sorry, Bunny), but I have plenty of car time to listen to audio so I was really looking forward to you pair teaming up and me getting to hear something Bunny had a creative hand in. I wasn't expecting it to be a series, though. Thought it was going to be a one-and-done so I'm happy about more.

I admit I was a little confused at the start, as I thought it was based on the Sulaco gang but that got cleared up. It's certainly different and I'm very curious to see where it all goes with the creatures. As always, I'm not keen on the reused dialogue. I'm not sure who I'm blaming for that - Bunny or Anarchist - but I doubt I'll ever not have a problem with it.

I also didn't like the King and I. Just felt entirely unnecessary to have such a huge chunk of it. I didn't enjoy that. Otherwise, as usual, a very well sound designed and engineered piece of Alien goodness! Looking forward to the next one.

- The original follows the Sulaco crew. Anarchist did away with that over fear of copyright and actors becoming scarce over not being able to sound like the originals. For that reason, I gave him some more free reign with the script and names.

- I did not include any dialogue from the film in the story. That was for the drama itself. I think it'll get toned down as we move further away from familiar territory within the story.

Spoiler
- There is no subplot with new W-Y weaponry in the original. "Boreal Nightmare" takes place in 2175, four years before Aliens. "Iceworld" shifted to take place shortly after Aliens.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 01, 2019, 10:25:10 AM
- The original follows the Sulaco crew. Anarchist did away with that over fear of copyright and actors becoming scarce over not being able to sound like the originals. For that reason, I gave him some more free reign with the script and names.

Ah, that's explain that! Yeah, I can understand the concern. Personally,  I'd have tried to distance it some more because the Hudson and Vasquez similarities are still quite obvious.

Quote- I did not include any dialogue from the film in the story. That was for the drama itself. I think it'll get toned down as we move further away from familiar territory within the story.

I can understand all the Apone-isms if it was originally Apone, but as a new character, I just dislike re-used dialogue. I know Anarchist loves it, but I never will.

Spoiler
- There is no subplot with new W-Y weaponry in the original. "Boreal Nightmare" takes place in 2175, four years before Aliens. "Iceworld" shifted to take place shortly after Aliens.
[close]

Anarchist loves his double burners!

TheSailingRabbit

Regardless, I look forward to helping out with part 2.

Spoiler
We'll get those cinnamon toaster pastries in somehow.

Maybe Paxton has them smuggled in his undies or something.

Hillis would rather starve and the "Ewoks" don't want them either.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

I'm certainly looking forward to Part 2 as well!

Anarchist86ed

Anarchist86ed

I couldn't help but toss in some references to my own works. This happens after Solara, which is why Hillis mentions the company losing a mine on Plutus. And for some reason I'm just obsessed with those double burners. It's kind of a joke now.  ;D And Zegema beach, another starship troopers reference. I've done it before. Chase was the only person who auditioned to say Zegema properly.

It's true, I didn't think using established characters was either a good idea from a legal standing, because people have been shut down for doing things like that, even audio productions, and you will never get anyone who sounds like they did. Also, like I told Bunny... they die later on so it's too limiting to use characters you know are doomed. Hillis was Hicks, Paxton was Hudson, Matthews was Apone. Goldstein was Vasquez.

I did not contribute much to the story, only changing minor things like making the creatures have one red eye thing, which I think makes them more unique. I tossed in some of the comedy with Paxton. I wrote the bit about the Ewoks. Basically I just made it less Bunnies Aliens story with the characters from aliens and changed it a little to not be them and make it more A.D. compatible.

The king and I was actually put in because AJ wanted to do it. After he murdered all of my projects and told me to go F myself because none of this pays and his friends didn't want to do lame fanfiction anymore I left it in and our replacement, Chase Cuppo, did a great job. I did not attempt to sync up the music perfectly as it was a pain in the ass and it didn't really matter seeing as it was comical. I know Paxton and Hillis sound similar, but trying to pitch his voice didn't work, but when you hear Hiller I did pitch his voice and it worked fine with the communication distortion.

I went light on sound effects this time around. But Bunny did mention the creatures would song like Fennec fox's, so I ripped some audio from a YouTube video. It was literally the only sound of them I could find that was usable.

Also, the Christmas music was a little louder than I would have liked, but the more I lowered it the less impact it had and sounded too low. I lowered it as much as possible without making it sound lousy. No, I did not plan on the "we are Santa's elves" song at the end, I just searched for it after listening to the recording and thought a song about them might be funny. I wanted a little more humor in this than making it too serious.

Paxton constantly being told to knock it off or shut up was, of course, a nod to Hudson whom he originally was.So was the woooooeeeee yell.

Bunny really liked the Cinnamon toaster pastries gag, but the audio was completely screwed up. I don't like to ask people to record things a second time because they do this for free, so I let it go. We'll fix it later. Several scenes had to be changed due to audio problems. This happens every single time. Whether it's audio problems, or they didn't say a word right. I mean, who screws up "glove compartment"? Well, it happened to me. "Gloves departments". Not once, but screwed up in multiple takes.Every single audio series I do there's always a problem or mispronunciation. It's as traditional as V.A. disease.

Speaking of V.A. disease, the people who played Matthews and Goldstein refuse to respond to my emails and will be replaced. V.A. disease is something I like to say whenever a voice actor up and vanishes without a trace or just dumps the project for diva reasons. I even tried messaging through the way I cast them and they simply will not respond. It is what it is.

This project took nearly a year to complete. I lost the entire cast of Solara, then Charon and like I said a certain someone ruined every project I was doing including this one. He was doing three roles, Hillis Paxton and the pilot. So that set me back months and months.

I originally wanted to do some kind of voice over at the beginning, which is why the intro music is so long, but I decided the narration was enough.

Bunny was very understanding of the problems and didn't seem to mind me messing up her story too much. Which is why she is listed as the only write in the credits. I changed a few things, I did not change the story. I never take credit for anything I do anyway.

Last but not least: Meme clap after Paxton's performance of the kind and I.

TheSailingRabbit

Hillis replaces Drake, not Hicks. I do have a Hicks-centric story, though.

Tell Chase I really loved Paxton's singing.

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 01, 2019, 04:30:45 PM
Hillis replaces Drake, not Hicks. I do have a Hicks-centric story, though.

Tell Chase I really loved Paxton's singing.

I didn't think Drake would possess such ability to speak.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed