Project Prometheus Still Uncovered

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 21, 2012, 06:35:57 PM

Author
Project Prometheus Still Uncovered (Read 46,247 times)

josh_axey

josh_axey

Quote from: Cavalorn on Mar 21, 2012, 11:32:47 PM
New section open on Weyland Industries

https://www.weylandindustries.com/#/information

MODULE 1.7
EARTH RESOURCE BREAKDOWN

Their key is incorrect  :laugh:

They [at time of typing] have light blue for fuels and dark blue for minerals in the chart itself. But the key shows the opposite colours. Oopsie!

Also, under Project Prometheus they have this:
Cosmic Call 2
Messages Received
3/5
:o

First Blood

Quote from: Cavalorn on Mar 21, 2012, 11:32:47 PM
New section open on Weyland Industries

https://www.weylandindustries.com/#/information

I need me some Weyland Health Care. Very impressive, and highly enjoyable to read, hell it could almost pass off as a legitimate company.

aliennaire

Quote from: Eva on Mar 21, 2012, 11:22:40 PM
Now excuse me while I go finish work on my pocketsized prototype fusion reactor fuelled by anti-matter...
Haha, it's due Noble Prize, good luck, Eva;)

ChrisPachi

Quote from: josh_axey on Mar 21, 2012, 11:47:23 PM
Cosmic Call 2
Messages Received
3/5

Totally. That is fascinating. Seems to suggest that they are in communication with something out there. The plot thickens... a lot.

Ok - what is this 'Eitr' resource that Weyland Industries seems to be in short supply of?!

Wiki entry for Eitr:

Eitr is a mythical substance in Norse mythology. This liquid substance is the origin of all living things, the first giant Ymir was conceived from eitr. The substance is supposed to be very poisonous and is also produced by Jörmungandr (the Midgard serpent) and other serpents.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: aliennaire on Mar 21, 2012, 11:54:25 PM
Quote from: Eva on Mar 21, 2012, 11:22:40 PM
Now excuse me while I go finish work on my pocketsized prototype fusion reactor fuelled by anti-matter...
Haha, it's due Noble Prize, good luck, Eva;)

Thx, just a matter of time until I'll bury that Swiss underachiever and his relativity nonsense...  ;)

Yeah, I noticed the 'Cosmic Call 2' detail as well, although I have no idea of the implications...

Love how much work and effort they are putting into this stuff, just for us the geeks.

josh_axey

Quote from: 180924609 on Mar 21, 2012, 11:58:05 PM
Ok - what is this 'Eitr' resource that Weyland Industries seems to be in short supply of?!

Wiki entry for Eitr:

Eitr is a mythical substance in Norse mythology. This liquid substance is the origin of all living things, the first giant Ymir was conceived from eitr. The substance is supposed to be very poisonous and is also produced by Jörmungandr (the Midgard serpent) and other serpents.

:o didn't notice that!

ChrisPachi

Wiki entry for Eitr:

:o :o

Cavalorn

Wiki entry for Eitr:

Eitr is a mythical substance in Norse mythology.

Norse mythology? Featuring the amazing craftsman, Weyland, who is unable to walk?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayland_Smith

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cavalorn on Mar 22, 2012, 12:00:49 AM
Norse mythology? Featuring the amazing craftsman, Weyland, who is unable to walk?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayland_Smith

Mind blown.

harlock

harlock

At a later point in time, he was captured in his sleep by King Niðhad in Nerike who ordered him hamstrung and imprisoned on the island of Sævarstöð. There he was forced to forge items for the king.

In revenge, Weyland killed the king's sons when they visited him in secret, fashioned goblets from their skulls, jewels from their eyes, and a brooch from their teeth. He sent the goblets to the king, the jewels to the queen and the brooch to the king's daughter. When Bodvild took her ring to him to be mended, he took the ring and raped her, fathering a son and escaping on wings he made.

Welund tasted misery among snakes. The stout-hearted hero endured troubles had sorrow and longing as his companions cruelty cold as winter - he often found woe Once Nithad laid restraints on him

Below the forge is the headless body of Niðhad's son, who Wayland has killed, making a goblet from his skull; his head is probably the object held in the tongs in Wayland's hand. With his other hand Wayland offers the goblet, containing drugged beer, to Bodvild, Niðhad's daughter, who he then rapes when she is unconscious

Points bolded by me that could link to Prometheus.

aliennaire

Quote from: Eva on Mar 21, 2012, 11:59:22 PM
Yeah, I noticed the 'Cosmic Call 2' detail as well, although I have no idea of the implications...
It was transmitted to different five Sun-like stars during the same one day (no Z2R was here, though!). Probably some of those stars will play a vital role in the film, that's what I'm guessing, but I'm not sure  :)

Nice find, 180924609 and Cavalorn!

josh_axey

Quote from: harlock on Mar 22, 2012, 12:10:32 AM
At a later point in time, he was captured in his sleep by King Niðhad in Nerike who ordered him hamstrung and imprisoned on the island of Sævarstöð. There he was forced to forge items for the king.

In revenge, Weyland killed the king's sons when they visited him in secret, fashioned goblets from their skulls, jewels from their eyes, and a brooch from their teeth. He sent the goblets to the king, the jewels to the queen and the brooch to the king's daughter. When Bodvild took her ring to him to be mended, he took the ring and raped her, fathering a son and escaping on wings he made.

Welund tasted misery among snakes. The stout-hearted hero endured troubles had sorrow and longing as his companions cruelty cold as winter - he often found woe Once Nithad laid restraints on him

Below the forge is the headless body of Niðhad's son, who Wayland has killed, making a goblet from his skull; his head is probably the object held in the tongs in Wayland's hand. With his other hand Wayland offers the goblet, containing drugged beer, to Bodvild, Niðhad's daughter, who he then rapes when she is unconscious

Points bolded by me that could link to Prometheus.

8) the plot thickens.

ChrisPachi

There is another link between Prometheus and the poison Eitr via Norse mythology:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus#Comparative_myths...

QuoteIn Norse mythology, the god Loki was bound to a rock. Above him is a large serpent which drips toxic venom upon him. His wife collects the poison in a bowl, but must empty it every time it gets full. As she is in the process of doing this, the snake proceeds to cover Loki in poison. Just as Prometheus gets his liver eaten only to have it grow back again, Loki is temporarily saved from venom only to have it drip on him once more.

josh_axey

Norse + aliens? :P

Very interesting... wonder if the venom dripping serpent has anything to do with our alien mural? There has got to be some significant link to that mural somewhere in the film, surely...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed