Recent posts

General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Dune Remake
Last post by Still Collating... - Today at 11:13:30 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 10, 2024, 11:29:24 PMHerbert had problematic views?

Was somewhat homophobic, yes (and for some f**ked up reason wired his kids to lie detectors regularly). Still, he made a sci fi classic that inspired millions and spawned so many new worlds and stories. But that doesn't make him a super special prophet or too ahead of his time. Nor does he say anything in his books that hasn't been said a million times before by others. He just did it better and made it more impactful which is important in itself.
Alien Films / Re: Aliens - My Own Cut - Cine...
Last post by SM - Today at 11:07:46 PM
Probably looked awkward at normal speed, and Cameron wanted to show how badass they were.

Plus it was cut anyway.
General Discussion / Re: What are you reading?
Last post by Darwinsgirl - Today at 11:07:16 PM
"ALIEN Vault" by Ian Nathan

a second printing of the 2011 edition published in 2014

Enjoying this. I recognize many things from the various documentaries I've watched.

I've learned some new things. I didn't know at one point Ridley wanted to kill off all of the crew. The studio talked him out of it.

I'm also revisting the reviews of this on here.

P.S.

Love all the goodies included Blueprints Ridleygrams Posters etc. Fun stuff :)
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Shogun (FX)
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 10:30:04 PM
Jesus...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 10:23:33 PM
I said slo mo I meant sped up of course. I wonder why they even thought it was a good idea in the first place.
Last post by Elmazalman - Today at 09:51:49 PM
It's a crap scene that has no business being in the film.
Alien-Predator Literature / Re: Aliens: What if…
Last post by VeteranSergeant - Today at 09:30:36 PM
This has been the best of the Marvel Alien comics so far by a significant margin.

This comic was... pretty mediocre. Some of it was entertaining.  Some of it is the pretty typical "What?" response to the poor writing teams at Marvel that have plagued the titles from the beginning of reboot with the story about the college kids who break into a high security orbital space station by... stealing a badge, then the company sends... three guys to investigate.

I have a fun idea for the next "What If?" Aliens title. What if they finally hire someone who can write a decent story?
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed