Another New Picture

Started by Shasvre, Jan 14, 2012, 09:38:57 PM

Author
Another New Picture (Read 58,802 times)

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: atlantis on Jan 20, 2012, 11:41:17 AM
Since seeing the movie  back in 1979..I think that the Space Jockey chair is some kind of flying device, the space jockey is using to fly trough the egg chambers...

Kinda like an observation deck that moves throughout the entire ship, thats an awesome theory buddy, do you think it could rise up into the giant stone head , oooooooo even the idea that every room houses a different suit i wonder , those statues could just represent the mobile suit that these creatures use??????

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

The Space Jockey's legs, which we never really see in ALIEN anyway, are bad enough, but not liking those boots the more I see of that pic, why couldn't they have been part serpent or something???   >:(

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I like the idea that the Space Jockey is more human then creature. I don't think a film featuring intelligent serpents would be as believable nor would I think it command a more serious tone that Prometheus needs. Creatures is what everyone wants the SJ to be,  but I like that they're not what we expect whatsoever.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 20, 2012, 11:46:14 PM
I don't think a film featuring intelligent serpents would be as believable

Okay. Why?

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 21, 2012, 12:05:20 AM

Okay. Why?
So you dont complain about it looking like jabba the hut :)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Jan 21, 2012, 12:15:53 AM

Okay. Why?

Like everyone else I'll reserve judgement until I see it for real, but I've seen better fan made designs for the Space Jockey, indeed I can think of at least one image that had many of us fooled for a short while. I've never had any problem with the Jockey inside a suit, I just find it hard to believe after all this time it could be a MAN in there, when a humanoid/serpent design could have been just as believable and work just as well. Another lost opportunity perhaps, we'll have to wait and see!  :(

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I've seen great fan made designs of the Space Jockeys as well, but in all reality, having them rendered as photo real on the big screen may not play out as convincingly as we might think. There have been too many Men In Black type films (or Star Wars prequels) with talking monsters that has happened during the interim between the first Alien and Prometheus. For now, I think Scott has chosen wisely. Thats not to say that it cant be done, but at the moment I cant recall any films that feature talking or intelligent creatures that play well on the screen. You could argue that the Predator has been successful but the only non human aspect of it is its head, its a very human monster.

Honestly I've lived with the idea that the Jockey race is a more creature-like organism but I've just learned to let it go...and as I ponder the notion that they're more human, Im actually more unnerved. What's interesting about the promotional strategy is that the studio seems to be getting us all used to the idea and if we're being honest, the only people who seem to really care or notice are the die hard geeks like me who look for statues in darkened photos. Right now I'm a believer. I have faith that Ridley Scott will deliver 3 for 3 and redefine yet again what Science Fiction is.  :) :) :)

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Jan 21, 2012, 12:15:53 AM

Okay. Why?

I really dont want the Space Jockey to look anything like Jabba the Hutt. :D

Jabba the Hutt^^

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Would love to have seen that guy in Jedi, for all Lucas' comments to the contrary, Declan Mulholland was a fine actor and always will be Jabba the Hutt.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

What if the jockey adopts humanoid features when face to face with humanoids:)

bobcunk

bobcunk

Or the blueish guy is actualy a human that was modified with alien dna or something.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The big secret with space jockey's is that we haven't seen their horses yet. They probably ride huge white serpents through out the ship.

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 21, 2012, 08:34:02 AM
The big secret with space jockey's is that we haven't seen their horses yet. They probably ride huge white serpents through out the ship.
Im thinking more along the lines that the sjs ride the big white snakes to valhalla and the spaceship tunnels your talking about are actually the man wombs of darth vadars mums great uncle twice removed ( due to a copywrite infringement down at lucasville texas) .
I have actually heard a rumour that the 3 sjs in the movie are micheal jacksons sister sharon ,  gary coleman ( the different strokes version and not the older much shorter version )and of course rodney dangerfield ( who im told is reprising his role from natural born killers ) and the baby thats born in miss noomi is gonna be half cgi and half rob snyders face , im superstoked man........SUPER STOKED!!!

Oh and as a sidenote im pretty sure that from all the clues i have deciphered from the teaser the classic xeno design has been replaced by a tennis ball on a string ........ But it "does" connect onto a stick later on in the movie :)

And as a double sidenote , news just in from my buddy's sisters  second uncles gay lovers lovechilds foster parents ( who work on the movie) have assured me that giger did infact design the tennisball and stick and we "will" be able to see strands of the original aliens dna on it
An official quote from ridley on set
" i had to do something new as the old shape had been done to death "
Im thinking we may even see a queen tennis ball later on in the movie.

Toy

Toy

That could work :P And they took influence from the comics and the Coleman and Dangerfield jockeys are being telepathically forced to do Space-Jackson's bidding, cleaning out the suits, keeping the ship clean etc.

Laterz on the Space-Jackson gets inside the jumping guy's head and causes it to mutate, forcing him to attack the crew :D

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Quote from: Malakak on Jan 21, 2012, 09:08:18 AM
That could work :P And they took influence from the comics and the Coleman and Dangerfield jockeys are being telepathically forced to do Space-Jackson's bidding, cleaning out the suits, keeping the ship clean etc.

Laterz on the Space-Jackson gets inside the jumping guy's head and causes it to mutate, forcing him to attack the crew :D
Dude i completely forgot to put a spoiler tag on my post, do you think itl get flagged...........:)
I think between the both of us we have pretty much cracked it.

P.s dude did you notice the rick james reference in the frame skip at the end of the teaser.......
" f**k your couch darkness" i think its a big clue about the origins of the sj chair :)

Plus i am 93.4% certain that i can hear a lightsabre igniting just before noomi screams at the end........... im thinking major plot twists that even we arnt gonna be able to see coming

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed