Filming The Elder Predator - ADI Shares New Alien vs. Predator Behind-the-Scenes Video!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 22, 2019, 01:13:27 PM

Author
Filming The Elder Predator - ADI Shares New Alien vs. Predator Behind-the-Scenes Video! (Read 9,428 times)

Corporal Hicks

The good folk over at Amalgamated Dynamics Inc. have uploaded a new video from from their time working on Paul W.S Anderson’s Alien vs. Predator. The video appears to show one of Paul Anderson’s first looks at the Elder Predator suit as he offers suggestions for some changes to the colour scheme.

We also get some behind-the-scenes footage of the filming of the Elder Predator’s only appearance in the film as he supervises the retrieval of Scar’s body and offers Lex his spear.

Be sure to head on over to studioADI's YouTube channel and check out their other Alien and Predator videos!

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on Alien and Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Corporal Hicks

I absolutely love that Predator sliding down the ramp.  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

Poor sod, probably felt really embarrassed.

JokersWarPig

The sliding Predator was pretty funny  :D

The Old One

The Old One

Bye-bye! lol

Samhain13

The mandibles on the random predators are better than Scar's.

Voodoo Magic

This vid to me is just so frustrating.  :-\

SiL

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 22, 2019, 04:52:18 PM
The mandibles on the random predators are better than Scar's.
You can see in the Day in the Life of the Predator that Scar's mandibles were totally capable of closing mostly properly (they could at least go over the front teeth, unlike the movie, and the dummy head even has the mandibles in roughly the right "open" position), they just ... didn't choose to do that when animating them?

I wonder if that was ADI or Anderson deciding to keep them tucked to the side. I have a feeling it was Anderson -- at the least, he could've got them to change it if he wanted.

Anderson spoke about the ramp being slippery in the commentary, but seeing it is great :D

The Old One

The Old One

I think in terms of the law of averages, we can only blame the Directors (different directors) so much, before we must consider that it's the same ADI team- making the same mistakes, repeatedly.

SiL

If nobody tells you to do it differently, why change?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 24, 2019, 08:18:15 PM
I think in terms of the law of averages, we can only blame the Directors (different directors) so much, before we must consider that it's the same ADI team- making the same mistakes, repeatedly.

Would have to agree with you there sister. Plus, what director asked for poor paint jobs?

SiL

The paint jobs aren't poor, they're pretty skilled.

Voodoo Magic

Since we went around this track several times before, we'll agree to disagree.  ;)

SiL

I know we went around the track of the sculpts, but I don't remember discussing the paint jobs. Of all the things AvP-onwards did, I never thought that was an issue.

Except the "classic" Pred in Predators, who's just yellow with some brown splotches.

Voodoo Magic

In my opinion:

Film quality paint job:

Halloween mask quality paint job:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed