Space Jockey Theories

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:12:10 AM

Author
Space Jockey Theories (Read 127,957 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Use this thread to post any theories you may have on the Space Jockeys. Who were they? How did their ship crash on LV-426? Were they transporting alien eggs?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Does anyone have a link to that old NTLworld hosted site? It had some cool theories/stories about how the ship crashed.

DRACO ^V^

DRACO ^V^

I have thought about this topic for many years now,And I have studied the Derelic and the area of interest....... ie: -general surroundings.
I do not believe that the Derelic crashed at all.
Rather it seems to have had a controlled landing with a precise navigation.Usually when a vehicle or object crashes,the force of the impact creates a tremendous amount of stress with such violent force,that debri is most likely to occur.
In every photo that I have seen of the derlic,there is no scattered debri field surrounding the craft.
Also notice the fact that the Derelic is positioned in the upright position,we can deduce this by the fact that the spacejockey inside the craft is sitting in an upright position centered from the ground with a high top ceiling.
Yes,there are photos of plane crashes, with the plane on the ground facing upright,but the ones that do, always have a debri field,and also show the damage from force of impact.
The surrounding terrain also is a dead giveaway,the derelic is nestled against the rock formations with a generally  flat location wide enough to support a controlled landing.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I dont belive it crashed, I think they made an emergancy landing and all hell broke lose.  ;D

VenomX

VenomX

I think you have to keep in mind too though that this ship is ancient and has been sitting there for a VERY long time. The pilot had even more or less fossilized, and that's not usually something that happens over just a few hundred years or so (while keeping in mind we know nothing of the air composition on LV-426 and its effects of course). There's a very windy and rough climate on that planet and there might well have been a slightly different look to the terrain with more debris etc at the time of a crash than there are when the Nostromo crew arrive.

Personally though I probably lean more towards something along the lines of Mr Weylands idea, that it might indeed not have crashed per se but that it was still largely an accident, that the ship wasn't purposely planted there but that the pilot just managed to get it down there and start the distress signal before his death.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I thought Ash quoted the air content and etc in the film?

VenomX

VenomX

Actually yeah you're right! I don't remember what the heck he said, but yes there'd definitely be some clue there as to what it would do. It doesn't really do much for the crash theory since we also don't know what the rock or ship materials are composed of  ;D but it's still interesting, I'll have to watch Alien again and listen to that speech more closely.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Maybe not the ship. I mean, it looked very biomechanical, plus the Jockey looked like it was growing from the chair. It could have been, and most probably was, a know different composite of materials than anything on Earth.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

In the old Alien triolgy game, when you are in the Space Jockey's ship, if you look at the walls you can see baby space jockeys growing in some kind of bubble shell thing, maybe the jockeys are born from the ship its self, maybe they grow each other from parts of the ship, because the ship its self looks like it was made from something biological.  ???

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've still got the Rom, I'll have to see if it works for my lappy and try and take some screenshots.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Thats really interesting, the ship could be biological, it looked it.

Newsfop

Newsfop

Quote from: Mr Weyland on Dec 12, 2006, 05:17:05 PM
In the old Alien triolgy game, when you are in the Space Jockey's ship, if you look at the walls you can see baby space jockeys growing in some kind of bubble shell thing, maybe the jockeys are born from the ship its self, maybe they grow each other from parts of the ship, because the ship its self looks like it was made from something biological.  ???

I like your thought on that. It would be an interesting venue to explore. If the aliens are born and brought about the way we know they are, we could see that the jockeys are born in likewise unconventional methods as well. What I'd like to know is what happened to the alien that burst out of the fossilized jockey? Is that one still somewhere or has it died of starvation? We don't know how long these creatures can go without nourishment or if they even need it at all once they mature.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You know, it could be the Jockey got infected somewhere else. It got chest-burstered - by a Queen which acided it's way through the floor and went to town laying eggs. Of course, that doesn't account for the blue mist.

maledoro

maledoro

The blue mist and everything else was explained by O'Bannon.

The Jockeys landed there on a mission of exploration and had encountered the eggs there. This is from the novelization. They found the eggs in a subterranean cavern and felt that since this species was near extinction (the planet was already dead), they would load their cargo holds with the eggs to take back for study and preservation. The blue mist was for preservation. Only after an embryo emerged from the Jockey's chest did they know what danger they were in. This is from the Alien Portfolio. It was told by Ron Cobb based on what O'Bannon had told him.

The crew and livestock were taken over and made into eggs, like Brett was. This is why Lambert had asked about what had happened to the rest of the crew and why we were shown Brett's transformation.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Thats damn good, I just don't like them transforming into eggs. Why wasn't the pilot that we see transformed into an egg?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed