Alien 5 Ideas

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:24:10 AM

Author
Alien 5 Ideas (Read 109,184 times)

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

"HHGTTG movie"?

I know what you two mean. Maybe there could be flashbacks, well, for P3, A5 with Pilots would be difficult, as no one has any idea about them apart from their looks.

And Dreikopf (or should I call you by maledoro - you need to fix this problem?) - that is one nice avatar.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 13, 2006, 02:55:01 PM
"HHGTTG movie"?
Hitchhiker's Guide...

I know what you two mean. Maybe there could be flashbacks, well, for P3, A5 with Pilots would be difficult, as no one has any idea about them apart from their looks.
Of course not. The only backstory that was established was by Dan O'Bannon, and it was channeled through Ron Cobb in "The Alien Portfolio". As for Ridley Scott, he never came up with a story. When he spoke of the Jockeys, he was just spouting off little tidbits of thought, peppered with little phrases like, "I think", and "I would like to believe...".

And Dreikopf (or should I call you by maledoro - you need to fix this problem?) - that is one nice avatar.
Darkness and I are waiting for the other guy to change it to something "less deceptive". Thank you for the compliment on my avatar; it really brings Xmas cheer...

VenomX

VenomX

Actually there's two possible scenarios I can think of where it might be OK to see the Jockeys back in another Alien movie, that wouldn't necessarily ruin it much. At least not for me.

1. In a prequel, that doesn't focus on them in the plot of the movie, but rather ends with them and doesn't show much more than what we already know. Maybe the Jockey ship flying through space in the end, with some brief shots of a non-fossilised pilot in his control chair, looking alive but still not being overly "animated". Kind of a "you know what's going to happen next"-ending. Although that could potentially be very cheesy too, depending. Could easily end up in more of a "I know where you crashed last summer" sort of feel, too.  ;D

2. A, either sequel or prequel (doesn't matter really), that shows more of the jockey culture without having any live pilot creature to further illustrate it. Like, more ruins in the same style as the derelict ship, maybe another dead guy, whatever. If it was portrayed as more of a long extinct civilization, showing a few more glimpses for the fans, but not really adding anything exceptionally different. I think if they stay clear of showing them walking around and being very animated, they wouldn't hurt the myth much.

Of course, most people might not care to just see more of what they've already seen in a sense, but, I personally would love to. I still love watching those scenes of the derelict interior in Alien, but I have to admit the same angles, same lighting, same fossil etc is getting a bit old.  ;D

Keiros

Keiros

Quote from: maledoro on Dec 12, 2006, 10:06:35 PM
The idea of a prequel isn't as appealing as it sounds. First off, it may be little more than Alien only with another species in place of the humans. We know how the derelict's crew dealt with the alien: they died.

Secondly, there is a paradox. In order to know what was going on, we'd have to have the Jockeys do things that we can identify with. This would make the Jockeys less alien and they would be nothing more than stock aliens as seen in other sci-fi movies and TV shows. If they try to make them realistic and succeed at doing so, we wouldn't know what was going on.

Alien beings do things differently than humans do!
I dont know... Humans give rectal probes too.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

@ VenomX; I agree, flashbacks, short-sequences would be cool.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 14, 2006, 01:35:01 PM
@ VenomX; I agree, flashbacks, short-sequences would be cool.
But, they would fall prey to the same paradox. The Jockeys would still have to act human if we were to understand what they were doing during these short sequences, etc.

They'd have to perform the same balancing act, just for shorter durations. Which also begs the question of what is the rest of the movie supposed to be, if all of the action is in the "flashbacks"?

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

I don't see how its a paradox; Predator is an alien life-form, but it acts like a human.

It could be just one flashback, at the beginning or ending of the film. In theory of course.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 14, 2006, 02:39:55 PM
I don't see how its a paradox; Predator is an alien life-form, but it acts like a human.
And it's not realistic. Convincing to some, yes. But it was created out of human chauvinism and conforms to our standards. It is very unlikely that a real extraterrestrial being would as anthropomorphic.

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 14, 2006, 02:39:55 PM
It could be just one flashback, at the beginning or ending of the film. In theory of course.
Again, even for that short bit, the Jockeys would have to conform to our ideals of behavior, just as the Predator had. Besides, should that flashback be either at the beginning or the end of the movie, what is going to happen for the rest of the movie?

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

QuoteAnd it's not realistic. Convincing to some, yes. But it was created out of human chauvinism and conforms to our standards. It is very unlikely that a real extraterrestrial being would as anthropomorphic.

Not realistic? This is a science fiction film about Aliens, its not meant to be realistic.

QuoteAgain, even for that short bit, the Jockeys would have to conform to our ideals of behavior, just as the Predator had. Besides, should that flashback be either at the beginning or the end of the movie, what is going to happen for the rest of the movie?

God knows, I'm not creating the movie, but it could be done. I haven't thought of a storyline, its just an idea that could fit in somewhere.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 14, 2006, 03:44:55 PM
Not realistic? This is a science fiction film about Aliens, its not meant to be realistic.
Of course not! Silly me!

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Your sarcasticness really isn't funny; I can't believe you were actually arguing for realistic-ness in an Aliens film!  ;D

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 14, 2006, 04:27:23 PM
Your sarcasticness really isn't funny
My "sarcasticness"?

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 14, 2006, 04:27:23 PM
I can't believe you were actually arguing for realistic-ness in an Aliens film!  ;D
Uh...

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

You were being sarcastic?

maledoro

maledoro

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

QuoteOf course not! Silly me!

I thought that was sarcasm.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed