Ridley looking to film in Australia

Started by T Dog, Sep 30, 2015, 01:03:53 PM

Author
Ridley looking to film in Australia (Read 24,282 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 22, 2015, 02:47:07 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Oct 22, 2015, 01:21:45 PM
Minister Bishop, Minister Fifield... Australia's ministers are actually characters from Alien films...

;D Fifield must be a typo... surely?

Well, I'll be....

they actually do have a minister Fifield. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_Fifield. Didn't imagine that he would have anything to contribute in the GIGANTIC DEAD BODY ARENA.

And I thought the Corporal was just messing with us!  :P There must be some conspiracy afoot!

NickisSmart

He loves rock.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Look, he's been asleep for two years, and he's not here to be our friend.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

oduodu

oduodu

Are you guys sayin he's only there to make money ??

HuDaFuK

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 26, 2015, 12:41:35 PM
Another RUMOUR:

https://twitter.com/FairfaxUlster/status/656952741110140928

Asked him how he knew - "They had "Scott Free productions" shirts on and one had a specific "Prometheus crew" embroidered coat on."

THE CITY HUNTER

Northern Ireland?likely looking for sea resorts hope no riots happen ;)

Corporal Hicks

Asked about specific locations - "They where at Dunluce Castle when I saw them. The coastline is stunning round there"

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 26, 2015, 06:25:41 PM
Asked about specific locations - "They where at Dunluce Castle when I saw them. The coastline is stunning round there"
Or maybe the giants causeaway.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 26, 2015, 06:18:25 PM
Another RUMOUR:

Asked him how he knew - "They had "Scott Free productions" shirts on and one had a specific "Prometheus crew" embroidered coat on."

Yeah, that's still a bit iffy.

Scott Free productions do a lot of film and television projects. Could be location scouting for any number of upcoming productions. The guy with the "Prometheus crew" jacket might have been involved with the first film but that doesn't necessarily mean he's also currently working on Paradise Lost.

Meanwhile, USA Productions (An accurate and professionally researched resource  :laugh:) has yet again tweeted that Paradise Lost will be filming in Rome:
https://twitter.com/Usa_Production/status/658054185427038208

Maybe you could ask them if it will be filmed in the bookshop this time?  :P

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 26, 2015, 08:13:57 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 26, 2015, 06:18:25 PM
Another RUMOUR:

Yeah, that's still a bit iffy.

Scott Free productions do a lot of film and television projects. Could be location scouting for any number of upcoming productions. The guy with the "Prometheus crew" jacket might have been involved with the first film but that doesn't necessarily mean he's also currently working on Paradise Lost.

Meanwhile, USA Productions (An accurate and professionally researched resource  :laugh:) has yet again tweeted that Paradise Lost will be filming in Rome:
https://twitter.com/Usa_Production/status/658054185427038208

Maybe you could ask them if it will be filmed in the bookshop this time?  :P
Yeah i forget about that first more then then Ireland what next syria?

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 12, 2015, 09:03:27 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 05, 2015, 08:35:42 AM
Quote from: Robot Sentry on Oct 02, 2015, 06:49:42 PM
I've always felt that Pinewood Studios is part of the "Alien" franchise DNA. Although now I'm remembering that the original Alien was shot at Shepperton Studios.

I do believe Shepperton does belong to Pinewood anyway. But I do agree with you - I feel kinda sad about it because I'm a Brit and I like the Alien films (sans AvPs and AR, of course) being filmed over here.

Apparently all the blighty studios were already fully booked. I suspect Star Wars Ep VIII and Star Wars: Rogue One were two of the prime culprits.

Quote from: Yahoo News"Ridley Scott can't find an appropriate film studio in Britain," Ms Bishop told The West Australian .

"They were all taken or busy, and he wants to film in Australia because of the facilities, the people and the resources we have.

More here: https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/29749272/tax-carrot-for-alien-filmmaker/

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 03, 2015, 05:14:07 AM
Yeah. It wont be about rebates. I'm a working Production Manager and Assistant Director. No one care about rebates on something that size.

QuoteScott had also wanted to film the Matt Damon blockbuster The Martian in Australia but a disagreement with the Government scuttled those plans. The movie was shot in Hungary and Jordan, where Scott secured favourable tax treatment.

Three types of refundable tax offsets worth up to 40 per cent of production costs, depending on the extent of Australian content, are available for filmmakers.
The rebates are just a tool for the Australian government to seal the deal. It may smear the final decision, for sure, and of course, rebates like this are available in the states as well, in places like Louisiana, right now, for instance. A film this size, he will get what he wants regardless of rebates. He wanted Britain, couldn't get it so he looked at Australia and they offered rebates to seal the deal, but if Australian couldn't give him what he wanted, those savings wouldn't do a damn thing. Any rebates on a film this size are just icing.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 28, 2015, 04:36:20 AM
The rebates are just a tool for the Australian government to seal the deal. It may smear the final decision, for sure, and of course, rebates like this are available in the states as well, in places like Louisiana, right now, for instance. A film this size, he will get what he wants regardless of rebates. He wanted Britain, couldn't get it so he looked at Australia and they offered rebates to seal the deal, but if Australian couldn't give him what he wanted, those savings wouldn't do a damn thing. Any rebates on a film this size are just icing.

Indeed, as I said in the beginning of this thread, Scott was obviously after studio space. Lots of it. He had a choice between Canada and Australia since Britain was out. He seemingly preferred Australia but Canada apparently offered better incentives and that's most likely why he was lobbying the Australian foreign minister who in turn took up the matter with the prime minister.

Scott is a very busy man, he wouldn't have been wasting his time wining-and-dining foreign politicians if rebates were of no concern to the production or merely "icing".

DarkXeno

Hopefully cinematography is a issue here as the environment and characters have already been established.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed