Chances of Blomkamp's Alien Being Made: "Slim"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 21, 2017, 01:28:06 PM

Author
Chances of Blomkamp's Alien Being Made: "Slim" (Read 41,680 times)

Vermillion

"It's here!" Says bald panicked Ripley opening the mess halls double doors.

Damn

I was hoping for retcon

Kurai

Yeah, as I said before:

Quote from: Kurai on Sep 28, 2016, 07:33:47 AM
Something that a lot of people seem to keep overlooking is that Covenant isn't the final Alien prequel apparently coming and it would make little sense for Alien 5 to come out before the entire prequel series is complete.

Is Prometheus actually part of the Alien prequel trilogy? Yes it is a prequel to Alien, but is it part of the trilogy leading into Alien? If so, that means we have at least one more movie after Covenant, if not then we may have two.

How many years away does that place Alienkamp? Add to that time any projects that Weaver, Bien and Blomkamp may start in the interim... I don't see it happening.

We will get an Alien 5, I just doubt it will follow its' current trajectory and will be at least half a decade away, maybe even a full decade away at fairly pessimistic.

Ingwar

I knew it. I'm not surprise at all.

echobbase79

echobbase79

After recently seeing Aliens on the big screen for the first time I started to warm up to this new Alien 5 concept.

Ripley and Newt had such a strong relationship in that film it's hard to stomach what happened at the beginning of Alien3. That being said, Alien3 is the sequel we got for bettor or worse. I enjoy the film's nihilistic version, but I think it went to far especially the beginning.

I think the only thing that can keep this movie alive is if Covenant bombs big time. I don't want that to happen.

marrerom

Thank god.

Nyarlathotep

Well, this is officially the best news that I have heard all day.

Kel G 426

The Alien Predator

*Evil Sith cackle*

For those of you who wanted this film, i am sorry that you won't be getting it. There's still Covenant, so that's something to look forward to and is better than nothing at least. Plus there's not long left until it's out.

I would've been upset by this news too if it didn't have Ripley, Newt and Hicks in the idea. That's the only thing that put me off of it. Otherwise I am in full support of Blomkamp making his own Alien movie with new characters in it.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

He said slim, not none.

The Alien Predator

That's true, I used the wrong terminology there when I said "you won't be getting."

It still does lower the chances significantly though, and that coming from Neil himself doesn't sound too hopeful when compared to how full of energy and reassurance Weaver seemed when talking about the project.

Anthony

Anthony

As much as I want this film, I'd rather just be told that it might not happen than be given false hope.

Besides, eventually Fox will make an alternate Alien 3, whether it takes 5 years or 15 years.

windebieste

I still think we will eventually see Blomkamp make an 'ALIEN' movie of some description.  Maybe he'll direct the sequel to 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  I can see that happening.  He does have a technical sensibility that really suits the Universe but for God's sake he needs to get away from the whole alternate 'ALIEN 3' idea. 

It's too bad he wasn't around 30 years ago for his proposal.  That would have been appropriate back then.

-Windebieste.

Scorpio

I remember when people were saying that Star Wars 7 would never happen. 

The Alien Predator

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 22, 2017, 05:01:50 AM
I still think we will eventually see Blomkamp make an 'ALIEN' movie of some description.  Maybe he'll direct the sequel to 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  I can see that happening.  He does have a technical sensibility that really suits the Universe but for God's sake he needs to get away from the whole alternate 'ALIEN 3' idea. 

It's too bad he wasn't around 30 years ago for his proposal.  That would have been appropriate back then.

-Windebieste.

I'd love to see Blomkamp do a sequel to Covenant, it'd be interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed