Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

Author
Alien: Phalanx by Scott Sigler (Read 90,045 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'm imagining a Prince of Thorns type scenario where some catastrophe just knocks a particular colony back in development.

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps it's also partially taken from the "wooden" planet idea.

Kradan

Kradan

I hope so.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2020, 09:26:23 PM
I'm imagining a Prince of Thorns type scenario where some catastrophe just knocks a particular colony back in development.

That's what I'm thinking too. Getting amped up for a quest!

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/your-highness-gif-11.gif

Corporal Hicks

I really need to revisit that series. I brought the second one recently but it's been an age since I read the first. Gotta re-read that.

scottsigler

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 07, 2020, 09:26:23 PM

I am unfamiliar with that book, so I can neither confirm nor deny your take.

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 07, 2020, 11:34:11 PM
Perhaps it's also partially taken from the "wooden" planet idea.

It is not taken from the wooden planet. I hope you dig it.

The Cruentus

I'm curious to see all about the medieval planet and how it is like that, assuming they are human of course.

Reminds me of two comics actually, one was about vikings I believe and the other I think was crusader...? It was never finished and even though it had future folks in it, I think the settlement was primitive, I might be wrong as I had only read it once and saw no reason to read it again since it was never going to be finished.

SM

SM

Crusade was set on Earth in the period after Earth War, and the characters were living in a medieval scenario.

Corporal Hicks

The Cruentus

Already pre-ordered it, just got to wait now. I'm curious to see how well a pre-industrial society would do against the Aliens. Anyone with a sword is going to seriously have the odds against them.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Hey, someone killed an Alien with a sword in Steel Egg and they didn't even break a sweat :P

The Cruentus

What no acid splash?  :laugh: I cannot remember about that now, I only read it once. Is this the one where someone performs surgery on themselves to try and remove a chestburster?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yep.

Other than that and a couple of other half-decent scenes, unquestionably the worst Alien novel I've yet read. You've done well to block it from your mind :laugh:

SM

SM

The ninja in Music of the Spears killed Aliens with swords.  Pretty sure the swords then melted and most of the ninja died.

That said, Sigler's done a lot of research for this.

Whiskeybrewer

The swords didnt melt when the Ninja's went for the Joints. Its was the Body shots that caused acid spurt and Ninja death  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed