Author
Currently Playing (Read 916,835 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Cereza and the Lost Demon is charming

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

The main thing that struck me replaying this was how the balance between exploration and combat is tipped much more in favour of exploration compared to the earlier games. The combat's really good when it happens, there's just less of it. It also lacks any real standout setpiece on the same level as the train from Among Thieves or the plane from Drake's Deception, but that's about the only thing I can criticise. In every other way this is incredible. The graphics are beyond pretty much anything else I've played, and the characterisation and emotional weight are dialled up above even the second game. A superb and entirely satisfying send off for Nathan Drake.

Darkness

Darkness

Observer: System Redux

This one I'd never heard of before but came across it on PS Extra. Rutger Hauer is a detective and he has to solve some grizzly crimes in this cyberpunk apartment complex. It's a psychological horror. Goes over the top with the amount of flashing and warping. There is some really weird and random stuff in the game. Worth a play though if you like machines and cyberpunk.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Still trying to finish Return to Monkey Island but stuck in a damn maze.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 20, 2023, 02:20:15 PMObserver: System Redux

This one I'd never heard of before but came across it on PS Extra. Rutger Hauer is a detective and he has to solve some grizzly crimes in this cyberpunk apartment complex. It's a psychological horror. Goes over the top with the amount of flashing and warping. There is some really weird and random stuff in the game. Worth a play though if you like machines and cyberpunk.
I really liked that game (I played the original version), although I haven't played all the way through the System Redux version yet.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Xenomrph on Mar 23, 2023, 12:18:29 AM
Quote from: Darkness on Mar 20, 2023, 02:20:15 PMObserver: System Redux

I really liked that game (I played the original version), although I haven't played all the way through the System Redux version yet.
Yeah. I played the original, too, and loved it. I have System Redux to go through as well.

Finished Bayonetta Origins earlier. It's a really really solid game. Way better than the last main Bayo title.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Playing some AvP Classic, I just love that game

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 23, 2023, 09:43:20 AMPlaying some AvP Classic, I just love that game
I'm going to be playing that with a bunch of people from another forum on Friday evening, actually.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Gears of War 1-5

Me and a friend have been redoing to campaigns on co-op.  Not played them in years and it has been fun.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Same actually!

I think 2 and 5 are my favourites.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I planned on continuing my Uncharted replay with The Lost Legacy, but it turns out I lent my copy of that to mate so long ago we'd both forgotten about it. So until he can get it back to me, I returned to my Mass Effect dick playthrough that I abandoned after getting royally stuck on the Collector ship Praetorian fight in ME2 (I'm also playing on insanity for the last few Legendary Edition trophies). Anyway, I managed to squeak past that bit and found it pretty easy going from there on.

For the sake of variety and in line with my killing Wrex in the first game, I decided to get a bunch of people killed on the suicide mission - Thane took a support beam to the chest Hicks Turk-style, Tali got shot right in the faceplate (take that, dirty Russian!) and my Wedge Antilles, barely-in-it-but-one-of-my-favourite-characters-anyway from this series Zaeed caught a bullet in the gut. On top of that I also decided not to activate Legion, so my squad was looking pretty thin on the ground by the end. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with the Quarian-Geth conflict resolution in part three with the two MVPs out of action. Oh and I bumped lady-bits with Kelly, having kept my knickers on in the first game.

I can't say I necessarily like being a dick in these games (unlike the paragon path, renegade Shepard seems to have wildly fluctuating and often contradictory morals) but it's certainly leading to some fun moments.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 23, 2023, 04:09:58 PMSame actually!

I think 2 and 5 are my favourites.

The Gears 5 campaign was ok.  To be honest for me I didn't think it was all that.  But then again that's probably due to my frame of mind at the moment.  We will be doing Gears Judgement once we have collected all collectables on the previous games  :)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Just finished DISCO ELYSIUM for the second time. When True Detective meets David Lynch. Masterpiece!

Soundtrack by Sea Power is simply beautiful.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Rhetoric: You keep saying things like *down with the bourgeoisie*, *eat the rich*, *sodomize the land-owners*, *impale all people who have more than 25 reál in their pocket*, *literally murder all human beings regardless of their political beliefs* — that kind of stuff.
You: Oh, right. That sounds like me.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I'm playing it tomorrow for the third time. This game is religion.

QuoteThe Inland Empire is the dialog-influencing Psyche skill regarding the neurotic and dream-like perspective of life and the universe. A dialog option related to this skill results in the damning quote, "This is a man with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future."

;D

https://www.thegamer.com/disco-elysium-best-quotes/?newsletter_popup=1#somewhere-to-be

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed