Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 279,774 times)

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 30, 2014, 01:55:02 AMAlso, NECA is showing us their SDCC exclusive Predator tomorrow. This will most likely be the Ahab figure.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/472119971019894784

Oh boy can't wait

Ultramorph

Ahab's face is NECA's Twitter profile pic, more shots at 10AM EST.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 30, 2014, 01:21:57 PM
Nice...kinda wish they stuck with those long tusks pointing down

Corporal Hicks

Ooooh. Haven't seen that one before. Where's that one from?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2014, 08:06:34 PM
Ooooh. Haven't seen that one before. Where's that one from?

It's the SDCC exclusive Ahab figure. Only 5,000 will be made or something along those lines, but it will only cost $30, apparently:

http://necaonline.com/48328/licenses/movies/predator/sdcc-feature-friday-4-exclusive-fire-and-stone-ahab-predator-action-figure/#comments

Quote from: happypred on May 30, 2014, 03:28:18 PM
Nice...kinda wish they stuck with those long tusks pointing down

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/24.jpg?9098e0

Agreed, I think the down-ponting tusks are cool, too.

Topazora

Topazora

:D :D :D
I'm definitely going to check them out at SDCC, I'll try to get one.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Also, Dark Horse just posted their Phoenix Comic Con schedule (http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/1733/dark-horse-announces-phoenix-comicon-2014-schedule) and there's a "Fire and Stone" panel.

Saturday, June 7

11:00 a.m. — ALIENS: FIRE AND STONE Chris Roberson (writer)

* Free print! Aliens: Fire and Stone #1 on sale September 2014.

I'll try and find a livestream like I did for ECCC. Hopefully one of those free prints finds its way onto Ebay or something.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 30, 2014, 11:37:06 PM
Saturday, June 7

Does this mean...Aliens #1 will be available to those who attend Roberson's presentation?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: happypred on May 31, 2014, 02:41:48 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on May 30, 2014, 11:37:06 PM
Saturday, June 7

Does this mean...Aliens #1 will be available to those who attend Roberson's presentation?

I don't think so. Just another case of poor or intentionally misleading wording. The same kind of thing on a CBR or Newsrama
article a few weeks back briefly had some of us thinking that "Fire and Stone" would have a Free Comic Book Day component.

More than likely it will be a poster of one of the covers or Palumbo's ECCC mural.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 31, 2014, 02:54:38 AM
I don't think so. Just another case of poor or intentionally misleading wording. The same kind of thing on a CBR or Newsrama
article a few weeks back briefly had some of us thinking that "Fire and Stone" would have a Free Comic Book Day component.

In the case of Newsarama, they sort of "suggested" that the comics would be set in the same universe as the old ones. I don't buy that bit one bit, especially considering how the writing team has consistently said this was going to be a fresh take. If anything, they'll keeping essential elements which were established from the old comics, nothing else.

Of course.. I'm awaiting to hear from the writing team on Chris P's site.. I'm really hoping that Newsarama site was wrong about that.

As for the site saying which we would have a Free Comic Book Day preview, that was Comicvine.. So, all these Geek Sites out there you really have to watch out with what they're saying.

happypred

happypred

Ahab is a veteran elder who has trophies taken from countless worlds. The predators belong to tribes. This all sounds very Yautja-ish...I am pleased

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on May 31, 2014, 05:03:07 AM
Ahab is a veteran elder who has trophies taken from countless worlds. The predators belong to tribes. This all sounds very Yautja-ish...I am pleased

They're likely keeping the Yautja concept, hence why they're keeping "essential elements". Or simply writing them as just "Predators" and it's NECA passing off hints of the Yautja concept in the biography. Time will tell come June 18th..

Tribes? I prefer the term clan.

happypred

happypred

Man, I wish they'd keep releasing tidbits to us rabid fans

Tell us a bit more about Ahab, the Engineers, what role the aliens play, Galgo's super-duper laz0r gun...anything

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Jun 05, 2014, 05:52:03 AM

Tell us a bit more about Ahab, the Engineers, what role the aliens play, Galgo's super-duper laz0r gun...anything

Dude, you got thirteen days left until they answer the fan Q&A. I'm sure you can wait that long.

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 05, 2014, 06:39:41 AM
Quote from: happypred on Jun 05, 2014, 05:52:03 AM

Dude, you got thirteen days left until they answer the fan Q&A. I'm sure you can wait that long.

There's also Phoenix Comic Con this weekend, where Chris Roberson will be tabling for Aliens. I'll keep my eyes open to see what they're giving away as the "free print."

And there's also Corporal Hicks' interview with James Moore, not that that directly relates to the comics, but it's there to whet our appetites!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed