Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2011, 07:01:56 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus (Read 80,274 times)

Valaquen

There is a Star Wars thread elsewhere. CG debates tend to derail, so let's be careful and stick to topic.

psychonaut25

Well I was very happy like a little child, but this shit ruined it all...

less CGI, the better

ThisBethesdaSea

If the story is amazing, characters convincing, who cares about the CGI. Bring on Prometheus. No time for whining. ;) :)

Darth Vile

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 12, 2011, 03:38:38 PM
There is a Star Wars thread elsewhere. CG debates tend to derail, so let's be careful and stick to topic.

Agreed - Just think it's important to check expectations as there seemed to be plenty of CGI in the leaked trailer (which I for one am happy with). The use of CGI isn't an issue for me as long as it's not at the expense of the story...

ThisBethesdaSea

Plenty of CG in the leaked trailer? Can you tell me which scenes specifically? I'm not doubting you, I just need some proof is all. :)

Engineer1

Spaceships entering atmosphere twice.
Digital mates of environnement.
The 3D holographic Earth map.
Sandstorm.
The Engineer's ship.
The Exploding in flight Engineer's ship.
The Crashing Engineer's ship.

I don't mind if there's a lot of CGI in the movie, i trust the people involved to make good use of all techniques availbles.

ThisBethesdaSea

Ah...I don't know about all that

Spaceships entering atmosphere twice. - could be a model (ridley still loves his models)
Digital mates of environnement. - They were on location in many places, so this isn't holding up
The 3D holographic Earth map. - yes
Sandstorm.- maybe
The Engineer's ship. - a model perhaps
The Exploding in flight Engineer's ship - another model maybe
The Crashing Engineer's ship - see above

invertyourcross

Check out a lil' sharper image of the space jockey from the trailer.... I think you can clearly see he has that "trunk" under his space helmet. Also, I do remember hearing Ridley say that that could easily be the suit of the jockey that gives him the shape he appears to have in the original Alien.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36021219@N06/6500024633/#

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36021219@N06/6500024499/#

psychonaut25

Quote from: invertyourcross on Dec 12, 2011, 05:16:22 PM
Check out a lil' sharper image of the space jockey from the trailer.... I think you can clearly see he has that "trunk" under his space helmet. Also, I do remember hearing Ridley say that that could easily be the suit of the jockey that gives him the shape he appears to have in the original Alien.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36021219@N06/6500024499/#

I cant see jockey in the first link picture.....:( can you draw a circle around it?? I seriously can't see it..

locusta

Space Jockey design finally unveiled :

Spoiler
[close]

Engineer1

Can't see it coz there is no Space Jockey in these shots.
It's a human in a suit.

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 12, 2011, 05:13:48 PM

Spaceships entering atmosphere twice. - could be a model (ridley still loves his models)
Digital mates of environnement. - They were on location in many places, so this isn't holding up
Sandstorm.- maybe

Doubt they used models for the entering atmosphere shots.
Maybe for the landed ship shots but even that i doubt it.
Ships and vehicules are the things that do work in CGI
Even if they shot on location, those shots have probably been enhanced by digital mates to make them more otherworldy.
Sandstorm is clearly animated.
As for the crashing and exploding ship they also look animated to me.
First because of the angles and the way debris and particles are flying around.
Maybe like the enhanced location thes shots are a mix of different techniques but if you check previous making of recent Ridley movies he embraced the CGI for vehicules, sets, crashing explosion and such...
Mostly for the wide and epic shots.
Keeping always a small portion of the set actually build so the actor can act toward something.
Scott is just carefull to not overuse it especially when there is interraction with actors or when it needs to be organic and lifelike.
The creatures in the movie will be probably suit and animatronics for all the close up shots but when they will be in action or wider angle i have no doubt he will use cgi doubles.

psychonaut25

Valaquen

Less of the Star Wars memes please, as I asked at the top of the page, and let's stick to discussing the images if we can.

Darth Vile

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 12, 2011, 05:13:48 PM

Sandstorm.- maybe

I'm sure they'll use models... but they'll be digitally composited just like many other modern movies we talk about.

psychonaut25

But where the **** is a jockey in this picture?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed