First Prometheus Clip Now Online!

Started by Darkoo, May 14, 2012, 03:36:39 PM

Author
First Prometheus Clip Now Online! (Read 45,375 times)

mastermoon

It's about time we get a clip thats not apart of the Trailer :).

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Sweet - looks beautiful. I wonder if the music is from the score. I guess this is a short cut of a much longer landing and approach sequence.

Given what is said about the composition of the atmosphere, I guess they wear helmets as, what, biohazard protection, or to keep the cold out...?

FUBAR1945

ikarop

Bat Chain Puller

I hope that's not the full clip of the landing. Not enough 'meat' to it. If it is, I can't help but feel they are just rushing us down to the planet.

I'd prefer a longer descent with more mystery.

Just sayin. Wonderful visuals and atmosphere!

HA "Just like Earth." *cocky legs up on desk.* *shifts eyes to Cvalda* teehee.  :laugh:

Promethean Fire

Nice.  I love all that smoke, dust and debris being kicked up as the ship touches down.  Very Nostromo like. :)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 14, 2012, 04:06:09 PM
HA "Just like Earth." *cocky legs up on desk.* *shifts eyes to Cvalda* teehee.  :laugh:
>:( :P Bleh.

This definitely feels like it's been cut down big time. I bet the actual scene in the film is longer.

mastermoon

It's just a small clip, I know the movie is 124 minutes long.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on May 14, 2012, 04:06:09 PM
I hope that's not the full clip of the landing. Not enough 'meat' to it. If it is, I can't help but feel they are just rushing us down to the planet.

I'd prefer a longer descent with more mystery.

Just sayin. Wonderful visuals and atmosphere!

There has to be some major cuts in this clip.  We see Prometheus entering the atmosphere, and literally seconds later we see Holloway discern the straight lines (roads?) leading to the temple structures.  That transition seemed way to abrupt.

Also, I am curious about the need for the pressure suits/helmets?   The atmospheric gas ratios are basically Earth-like, with nice proportion of Nitrogen to Oxygen (21% O2).  However, they didn't explain the total or partial pressures, so I guess that while the ratios may be good, the density may be too low.  Of course, the other possibility is that perhaps they determine the atmosphere is breathable, but are concerned about biologicals.  In any event, we see know Holloway removes his helmet at one point, once inside a temple.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Typically, online clips such as these are cut short, often horribly, just to condense information.

I wish they didn't release clips at all :/

Esoteric_Voyage

to be honest, i wasn't fond of this clip, it felt very 'star wars' to me, the visuals, everything really. i mean the new star wars trilogy too.

i didnt feel the sense of 'realism' in it, in ALIEN it seems kinda objective and documentary in its 'view' that we see it through.

we didnt have cute lines like 'just like home' in alien, or dallas saying 'this is the captain' or dallas saying 'nostromo has landed.

i know the crew in this film is different and they havent flown out together before, and they aren't a team that is familiar in that respect, so that can be considered, but even then, i don't know.

i'll enjoy this film, but hoping for something as enjoyable and appreciable as alien is unhealthy for me, and i should do my best to avoid it so i can enjoy this more fairly.

FUBAR1945

Quote from: mastermoon on May 14, 2012, 04:16:37 PM
It's just a small clip, I know the movie is 124 minutes long.

I was about to ask that, "How long will be this movie". Great more than 120 min  ;D

Valaquen

Valaquen

Re: the reaction of the Nostromo crew, those guys were just going through the professional motions. Nothing remarkable about space travel or flight or landing to them. The Prometheus crew are pioneers; they're excited, giddy, etc. The bad thing about the clip is its editing, which is jarring, and that, well, personally I like to go into a film 'clean'. I thought the trailers were enough as it is. The bloody temptation of these clips ...

Bat Chain Puller

Yeah you're right guys. This has to be cut down.

Because everyone buckles up at the command of Janek, and 6 seconds later they're up and out of their seats asking/telling the Captain where he should land.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed