Was Lambert raped by the Alien?

Started by Ellen Ripley, Nov 02, 2007, 07:42:37 PM

Author
Was Lambert raped by the Alien? (Read 223,854 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'm willing to accept that. There's just something about the idea of literally being scared to death that I think is amazing.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I was never keen on the idea of her dying of fright. Seemed like an anti-climax.

The one I wish we'd got is the Newborn-style death, because that would've been horrific.

BlueMarsalis79

And pure unadulterated schlock.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'd argue Alien's partly that already.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

I like what we got - even if it's offscreen.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 19, 2021, 08:37:38 AM
I'd argue Alien's partly that already.

That explains a lot. 😶

But seriously it only works in Resurrection because that's already the place that film lives in, and the added dynamic of the shifting emotions, from disgust to pity.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 19, 2021, 08:25:57 AM
I was never keen on the idea of her dying of fright. Seemed like an anti-climax.

The one I wish we'd got is the Newborn-style death, because that would've been horrific.
That was Parker's fate. Well, Hunter's.

razeak

razeak

I like to imagine the alien very gently gripped her toe and psychically told Lambert "Let me show you a little something to take your mind off the pain." Ala Major Payne.

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2021, 08:24:37 AM
I'm willing to accept that. There's just something about the idea of literally being scared to death that I think is amazing.

There is.

Very difficult to portray on screen though.

Immortan Jonesy

I definitely prefer the heart attack.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 19, 2021, 08:48:36 AMBut seriously it only works in Resurrection because that's already the place that film lives in, and the added dynamic of the shifting emotions, from disgust to pity.

I'm not suggesting transplanting the Newborn's death directly into the first movie. But the same demise played less gratuitously and more horrifically would've been chilling imo.

BigDaddyJohn

The idea is interesting but I'm fine with what we got.

dave1978

dave1978

I highly doubt it,  Lambert was, at the time prior to the prequels the first female human contact the Alien had ever had and without prior knowledge of human anatomy would find things difficult.

razeak

razeak

in that case it could be argued it was exploring that anatomy in the scene.

Kradan

Kradan

There definetly was some amount of curiosity in Big Chap, yeah

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed