2016 Alien Anthology card set

Started by Machiko Naguchi, Mar 16, 2016, 03:31:34 AM

Author
2016 Alien Anthology card set (Read 39,253 times)

Machiko Naguchi

Has anybody heard about this? I accidentally discovered it today while looking for info on older card sets. Seems like it comes out soon.

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2016-upper-deck-alien-anthology-trading

http://www.beckett.com/news/2016/01/2016-upper-deck-alien-anthology/

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

Oh. My. God

I need this.
I'm huge Into mtg and collecting in general. I'm so stoked.

Wonder what signed tags will go for.
Wonder who signed stuff.
Custom art drawn directly on cards?

Ahhhhh

Edit:
After doing some sleuthing, it's due out at the end of the month. But there's almost no info about it. No hype. Nothing.

Looks like a box will run me about $130 CAD. Pretty steep.
I'm not sure what to think about this, something tells me it won't sell well.

Corporal Hicks

I hadn't seen that at all! Nice find!

QuoteChronicling each of the four movies in cardboard form, 2016 Upper Deck Alien Anthology looks back at the storied franchise with a comprehensive release. Top options include sketch cards and actor autographs.

Focusing on artwork instead of movie images, classic scenes are depicted with a variety of original art across a 100-card base set. Foil base parallels combine with standard insert to average one per pack.

A list of signers is not yet available but a key component of the release will be Autographs for top names in the overall film series and some will be short-printed. Another premium option, one-of-one Sketch cards offer original interpretations for notable characters and moments in Alien history.

Adding a non-traditional wrinkle to the mix, replica Marine Dog Tags (1:20 packs) can also be found as well as a limited Dog Tag Autograph (1:4 cases - #/5) parallel that is signed by select actors.

More traditional inserts each fall at 1:7.5 packs and include Character Bios, Weyland Yutani Propaganda Posters and artwork from the Legendary Encounters deck-building game.

Building on the base and select inserts are one-of-one Press Plates.

Several card products have been released for the Alien movies over the years, with the first coming from Topps in 1979.

Check back as more 2016 Upper Deck Alien Anthology information is revealed.

Estimated Release Date: Late March, 2016
Product Configuration: 5 cards per pack, 20 packs per box, 12 boxes per case
Price Point: Low to Mid-Level Entertainment
Target Audience: Alien Collectors, Sci-Fi Fans, Entertainment Collectors

2016 Upper Deck Alien Anthology Box Break
1 Actor Autograph, Artist Autograph or Sketch Card
1 Space Marine Dog Tag
8 Inserts
100 Total Cards
2016 Upper Deck Alien Anthology Case Break
6 Actor Autographs
2 Artist Autographs
3 Sketch Cards
1 Dual Actor Autograph or Space Marine Dog Tag Autograph

I absolutely love that these will be original art! I'm a little disappointed about no Prometheus but I really can't wait for this. Going to have to ask my local about prices! I'll post this up on the front page later.

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Mar 16, 2016, 04:21:29 AM
Custom art drawn directly on cards?

Looks like this is what you can expect from the sketch cards.

elemental-of-all

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 16, 2016, 08:24:20 AM
I'll post this up on the front page later.

Yea, get this out there for sure. I'm surprised I've never heard of this yet. It's so cool.

I've always liked those hockey cards with pieces of Jersey or helmet on them. I finally have a chance at that with my favorite movie franchise.

Whiskeybrewer

Must have, yet wallet empty

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Mar 16, 2016, 02:24:40 PM
Yea, get this out there for sure. I'm surprised I've never heard of this yet. It's so cool.

I'm quite excited for these ones too. I have a weakness for trading cards.

I've always liked those hockey cards with pieces of Jersey or helmet on them. I finally have a chance at that with my favorite movie franchise.

I don't think these will have any piecework cards in them. I imagine those costumes are long gone now. Probably in the hands of various collectors.

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

I don't think these will have any piecework cards in them. I imagine those costumes are long gone now. Probably in the hands of various collectors.

Oh for sure. I meant more like the dogtags/autographs. Usually autographs are on those little white cloth pieces on thick cards. I've always had a fondness for those. Just feel like quality items.

Makes me wonder if the dogtags will be actual dogtags or just some imprinted thin layer of tin.

I couldn't imagine actual set pieces and costume parts from alien. I'd buy so many boxs. >.>

Machiko Naguchi

Machiko Naguchi

Yeah I was surprised when I found it because I had not heard a single thing about it and it supposedly comes out this month. It seems like you usually know about most things way ahead of time.

At first I was confused and thought they were describing the old Alien Legacy set or something; then there was excitement because yay new Alien cards; then there was the ugh more stuff I need to spend money on feeling lol.

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Mar 16, 2016, 02:24:40 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 16, 2016, 08:24:20 AM
I'll post this up on the front page later.

There are costume cards for the two AvP movies in case you didn't already know. Yeah the movies aren't great but I guess they are technically in the universe.

Corporal Hicks

Looking at the ratio for those chase cards, this is going to be a challenging one to complete.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

I'm will be at least be attempting to try & get all of these they look great!
I also have the full set of Alien 3 trading cards these would go nicely with  :)

PRJ_since1990

Not sure if I want to invest just because I know as a Magic the Gathering player how consuming it can become. The art and style looks great though!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Mar 17, 2016, 01:36:14 PM
Not sure if I want to invest just because I know as a Magic the Gathering player how consuming it can become. The art and style looks great though!

That's the beauty of trading cards, rather than the trading card games. They're a static set.

Perfect-Organism

Looks cool but this is where I draw the line.  Maybe if I was 10...

I mean if they released a coffee table book with this art in it, I'd probably be into that, but how do you explain to your wife a new trading card set.  Not that I have a wife, but... word to the wise, make sure to get all your toys before you get married...

LordCassusSnow

Lmfao!! Perfect Organism, you have no idea how hard i laughed after seeing your comment! But yeah i'm gettin there XD

JungleHunter87

Interesting, though admittedly, I haven't collected any sort of cards since I was 10. So I don't know if I'll bite on this release. I do love the art though. I wonder who the artist/s are for this line?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed