What should the plot be/What would you want etc...

Started by germanator2, Aug 14, 2016, 02:54:00 AM

Author
What should the plot be/What would you want etc... (Read 5,136 times)

germanator2

germanator2

The characters and actors are what seems to be on most people's mind. Hopefully we'll get news soon, especially in the next month regarding the story, but I just hope its not a rehash of the first in a jungle or forest.
I'd like to actually see some action in the Predator's ship. I'm currently doing my own Predator story, and it revolves around the OWLF taskforce looking for and eventually locating a Predator ship in, I'm thinking Mexico because its a mix of a variety of landscapes and urban areas, buried deep in a cave and molten lava. The story around the ship I'm doing is that it was from a Predator's previous hunt in that area of Mexico during like the 70s or 80s or 90s hunting gangs or whoever were the predominant criminals and other Indigenous peoples and even native tribes of Mexico during that decade. And during the hunt, a volcano near the region the Predator was hunting, had erupted the ship and the Predator himself were caught in the pyroclastic flow, mudslides and molten lava flow, burying and disabling the ship deep in the ground and the Predator is killed himself. And the taskforce eventually finds it but another Predator arrives to make sure they and any other humans collect any technology from the ship. I just think it'd be cool to see some action on the Predator's ship while exploring more of the Predator's mythos and their culture

Randomizer

There's this rumor. Not sure if I should be amazed or horrified.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4wkrw1/shane_blacks_predator_plan/

I am quite sure this will be met with howls of derision, probably aimed at me, but whatever - this is what I have heard...

A special-ops tough guy is in a jungle taking down a target. He quite literally stumbles across an invisible being - a dead Predator. So he grabs the Predator's equipment, takes down his target and goes home (he may blow up a Predator ship, I am not sure I remembered this bit quite correctly). When he gets home, his 12-year-old son happens to see the alien equipment that his dad brought back. The father reluctantly tells him what he knows. And it's about then that another Predator tracks them down, with the intention of taking the equipment back...

Xan21

I smell BS

Randomizer

Master

Don't worry guys, it is bs.

Kailem

One way or another, with Fred Dekker saying things like "Who knows if their agenda has changed?" it definitely sounds like we might be seeing a Predator or Predators who haven't come to Earth just to hunt this time.

I know it turned out to be a prequel novel to the original film and not this one, but with the news of that new Christopher Golden Predator novel I wonder if we might end up getting something Bad Blood-like, with a Predator hunting a rogue and humans getting caught in the middle.

Bah, it's so far away, I wish we had a little bit more to go on as far as the story is concerned. I'm looking forward to finding out what Shane Black has in store for us.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Aug 14, 2016, 08:55:54 AM
There's this rumor. Not sure if I should be amazed or horrified.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4wkrw1/shane_blacks_predator_plan/

I am quite sure this will be met with howls of derision, probably aimed at me, but whatever - this is what I have heard...

A special-ops tough guy is in a jungle taking down a target. He quite literally stumbles across an invisible being - a dead Predator. So he grabs the Predator's equipment, takes down his target and goes home (he may blow up a Predator ship, I am not sure I remembered this bit quite correctly). When he gets home, his 12-year-old son happens to see the alien equipment that his dad brought back. The father reluctantly tells him what he knows. And it's about then that another Predator tracks them down, with the intention of taking the equipment back...

Some of that sounds potentially interesting. Maybe not in as basic a premise as its put there but I like the idea of mankind getting the Predator tech and making use of it.

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 14, 2016, 08:45:24 PM
One way or another, with Fred Dekker saying things like "Who knows if their agenda has changed?" it definitely sounds like we might be seeing a Predator or Predators who haven't come to Earth just to hunt this time.

I know it turned out to be a prequel novel to the original film and not this one, but with the news of that new Christopher Golden Predator novel I wonder if we might end up getting something Bad Blood-like, with a Predator hunting a rogue and humans getting caught in the middle.

It could certainly be intended to "introduce" us to the concept (yes, I know Bad Bloods were in the older comics and we get an inkling of it in Predators) and despite how awful the book's retcon sounds, I wouldn't be against a better portrayed conflict between Predators.

Predator_Spirit

This rumor is diabolical  :D

Randomizer

Randomizer

Indeed. It's not like I want to see a Predator crushed by a wardrobe with its hair on fire.  :laugh:

EDIT: Actually that's kinda funny. A future comic, perhaps?

Corporal Hicks

Even if a kid was involved, I don't think Black would be stupid about it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Black's usually quite good with child sidekicks.

Also, Black and Dekker previously did The Monster Squad, which features a school kid shooting the Creature from the Black Lagoon with a 12-gauge and another who smokes and lights matches on his face :laugh:

Master

Let's not forget the girl from Last Boy Scout ;)

Predator_Spirit

Not sure he's gonna involve a kid, it was already made perfectly in Predator 2.

overthere

Let's not forget Dekker's "Military vs monster" hint.

irn

The plot shouldn't focus too much on Predatory things. It should be a solid story with interesting characters that uses this creature and its actions as a backdrop to tell it.

The main mistake that the post-T2 attempts at a Terminator sequel was to bring the backstory to the front of the stage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed