Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 73,405 times)

SM

Was Jim Hahpah there too?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Jul 08, 2020, 01:12:31 PM
They were college roommates.

Was his college major Linguistics?

funk_master_chunk

This could be great or piss poor and I'm not sure which side of the fence I'm on ATM.

We all know it'll be Predator vs Wolverine or Punisher.

If they keep the franchises within their respective umbrellas EG - No Marvel crossovers and simply Alien or Pred or AVP content is generated then I think that's the "best" outcome. For me at least.

One thing I am interested in is does this mean Marvel/Disney have got one eye on more cinematic content? As I think Marvel budgets could really bring the franchises back to the fore. Well Pred seems to be better with shitty budgets like 1&2; but Alien with a massive budget to make Geiger-esque soundstages and sets could be incredible, IMO.

On te comics front, though - I think they'd do well with a rehash of the AvP Arcade Game and use San Drad as an Alt-World futuristic Californian Town (as The Predator introduced wormhole/dimension hopping tech, IIRC - as shit as that sounds). Maybe Yautja recon teams synthesised a training/battle android (salvaged from Weyland tech after a skirmish with a colonial ship?) based on Dutch after they watched Jungle Hunter's battle logs or something. And they use it to train hunters against to develop better but end up using it to fight Xenos.

That's just off the top of my head; but that sort of stuff would be more palatable than the "Hey bub" *snikt* nonsense I'm really hoping they don't churn out but likely will.

lightsyder

I imagine we'll get stories set in a movie based A, AvP, P universe as well as crossovers that may as well be elseworlds stories that have no impact of the film based one or the main marvel universe

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jul 08, 2020, 02:24:19 PM
One thing I am interested in is does this mean Marvel/Disney have got one eye on more cinematic content? As I think Marvel budgets could really bring the franchises back to the fore. Well Pred seems to be better with shitty budgets like 1&2; but Alien with a massive budget to make Geiger-esque soundstages and sets could be incredible, IMO.

Practical sets like those have gone the way of green screens and processing power. I doubt we'll ever see the Geiger-esque soundstages in our future.

And in regards to larger budgets: Predator doesn't need one, actually I'd prefer it not to have it, but a large budgeted AvP film off-Earth would be a dream!

j0nesy

i think the only hope of anything cinematic for avp is if/when we get to see the unreleased netflix series

Kimarhi

With Disney I'd say AvP is way more likely than alien or pred.  Basically every marvel movie is a vs movie.  That's right in the wheelhouse.

Corporal Hicks

If we finally get an adaptation of the original AvP, I'm all for that!

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 08, 2020, 03:06:14 PM
i think the only hope of anything cinematic for avp is if/when we get to see the unreleased netflix series

There's an unreleased Netflix series??!?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 08, 2020, 04:50:41 PM
If we finally get an adaptation of the original AvP, I'm all for that!

What's the original AvP?

Assuming it differs from the film?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jul 08, 2020, 05:18:42 PM

What's the original AvP?

Assuming it differs from the film?

I think he means an adaptation of the comic, with Machiko.

Corporal Hicks

Exactly. I wouldn't mind seeing Briggs' script as the foundation too.

funk_master_chunk

Cool.

I've mentioned before that I'm not huge on AvP films, but the comics/games etc are the perfect medium for it, IMO.

If an AvP film was done right I think it could be decent. But I wasn't sold on Mayan-esque Temple in Antarctica is the Preds' hunting ground for Xenos.

EJA

Would crossovers with Marvel Earth-616 have to be out of continuity though? DH's "Hunting the Heroes" was canon to Comics Greatest World, and the WildC.A.T.S./Aliens crossover was canon to the Wildstorm Universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed