Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 72,870 times)

Kradan

Quote from: SM on Jul 06, 2020, 03:30:02 AM
Click the insert image button and [img] tags will appear, then put the url in between.

Huh, I usually do it the other way around

SM

That works too.  Sometimes my browser hangs when I do that for hyperlinks for some reason.

EJA

Dark Horse's Hunting the Heroes arc for its Comics Greatest World Imprint was in-continuity for that imprint without being canon for the rest of the Predator comics. Could Marvel do something similar?

lightsyder

I'm sure they could.  I'd like to see an Alien version of Marvel Zombies.  Let an Alien outbreak conquer earth and let's see what a xenomorph born from a mutant or inhuman turns into.  Will they get superpowers?  Let's find out!  Lol

Xiggz456

@rakaithwei The cyclops and Wolverine trophies were nothing more than sly nods in AVP: Deadliest of the Species because Chris Claremont was writing both series around that time.

Nightmare Asylum

You know how Dark Horse can fill in the void? A little license I like to call "Tremors." 8)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 05, 2020, 05:40:54 PM
:laugh:

I love all of it - Alien, Aliens, AVP, Predator.

whatever they are just make them good.

My heart breaks for the future of the Hunters series. Predator had finally hit it's peak in the comics.

My only hope is Chris Warner knew Dark Horse's stewardship was coming to an end, and in knowing that, was able to give the Predator Hunters series some sort of closure in Volume III.

Corporal Hicks

The reappearance of John kind of makes me feel they knew at this point, and it was supposed to be a nice big send off.

Voodoo Magic

It certainly seems that way. Can't wait to be able to read the rest of it!

426Buddy

SM

Dude called Chris Irvin on Facebook (not sure if he posts here) just made me aware of this.

Employee abuse accusations at Dark Horse.

I really thought they'd taken positive steps when they severed ties with Brian Wood, but I guess they didn't.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Jul 07, 2020, 12:01:59 AM
Dude called Chris Irvin on Facebook (not sure if he posts here) just made me aware of this.

I really thought they'd taken positive steps when they severed ties with Brian Wood, but I guess they didn't.

This doesn't shock me. It has been coming out now that Mike Mignola and Dark Horse have continued to work with editor Scott Allie even after information about his sexual misconduct became known. :-\

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jul 06, 2020, 02:33:48 PM
@rakaithwei The cyclops and Wolverine trophies were nothing more than sly nods in AVP: Deadliest of the Species because Chris Claremont was writing both series around that time.

Yes, yes, yes... I know, everyone knows. Back then it was a neat nod and Easter Egg, but then this happened and I had happened to come across that the universe which Deadliest of the Species was set was listed as an official Marvel universe within the Marvel multiverse just seemed interesting.

I also got some answers from the folks over at the Marvel Database Wiki who answered my question. The universe listing of Earth-91445 which could be the AVP Universe, came from the Marvel Appendix website. According to the folks at the Marvel Database website, the Marvel Appendix website IS mantained by writers and information gatherers who have worked on the official Marvel handbook guides and is even reputed as being a reputable site by the handbook guides and Marvel themselves... While interesting, this... doesn't really answer whether or not the universe designation for the AVP Universe, Earth-94415 is Marvel's official designation for the AVP Universe. This isn't the first time where Marvel has given numerical designations to outside company properties... as they've listed universes where DC and Marvel co-exist, as well as Capcom and Marvel.

So if Marvel designated the AVP universe, prior to the Disney purchase or sometime after, is something interesting to think about.

I've still yet to get an answer from the folks at the Marvel Appendix website.

SM

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 07, 2020, 12:06:33 AM

This doesn't shock me. It has been coming out now that Mike Mignola and Dark Horse have continued to work with editor Scott Allie even after information about his sexual misconduct became known. :-\

For some reason I thought Allie got canned years ago.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Jul 07, 2020, 03:19:40 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 07, 2020, 12:06:33 AM

For some reason I thought Allie got canned years ago.

Honestly, so did I. I could have sworn that was the end result a few years back when the news broke. But alas...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed