What is the Space Jockey of the Predator franchise?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 13, 2021, 12:03:45 AM

Author
What is the Space Jockey of the Predator franchise? (Read 6,305 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Calcified Amengi...

Kradan

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 13, 2021, 12:06:34 AM
I think it's the Predator ship itself, the Predator culture itself, the technology of the Predator's seemingly incongruous with their behaviour and that's part of the magic.

Exactly what I've thought. Predators are an enigma in on themselves

Master

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 31, 2021, 12:30:30 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 13, 2021, 05:00:32 AM
Admittedly kinda cool though.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 19, 2021, 08:29:56 PM
Just wish we saw something distinct within it.

I think that is it right there. It wasn't distinct. It wasn't wondrous enough to illicit a sense of mystery that would linger inside you far beyond its seconds on screen.

If it had more of a unique design, or a piece of the derelict drill's inhabitants or culture. A petrified deformed helmet. A strange face carved in the wall like the one seen on the surface of Mars, perhaps with some sort of weapon smashed into its demolished forehead. Strange writing on the wall. A fossilized amputated hand with six fingers hanging on to a chain. Something...

I always say with Predators it's concept versus execution. It had so many wonderful concepts, and if they executed things better in that film, it had potential to be one of the sci-fi greats. I truly believe that. (However, to be fair, budget and limitations on time deserves some of the blame.)

God damn... that would've been something! 

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 03, 2021, 12:25:28 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Apr 02, 2021, 08:57:23 PM
sorry  for my mistake. i thought the  thing mr fishburne's chatacter stayed on  was a crashed ship. apparently  its not. apologies. what is it then?

This article doesn't say much about it, nor does it cite sources (maybe there aren't?), but in Xenopedia they nickname it the thing as alien drill. They still refer to the structure as a vessel though.

Abandoned Alien Drill

Both could be right though. If there is deep space vessel in the furure, all of it will have second or even third perpous after landing. It is entirely possible it was spacecraft repurposed into drilling equipment.

BlueMarsalis79

What's the mask from?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed