Boyd Holbrook on The Predator Reshoots

Started by ace3g, Feb 04, 2021, 09:33:46 PM

Author
Boyd Holbrook on The Predator Reshoots (Read 3,286 times)

ace3g

ace3g

BlueMarsalis79

Okay f**k that though what does he say about Logan.

BigDaddyJohn

Pretty much confirming what was said before, but it's nice to see the lead actor talk about it while not promoting it. Thanks for the post.

SuperiorIronman

I feel like this is old information since I swear he said something to that effect awhile back.

But really the commentary on The Predator was a whole lot of nothing. Like we know the night shoot happened, what else did you film Holbrook? We know he's at least aware of the Emissary, he was on set with them. Like I just don't get all the secrecy on that movie when the old cut's footage is on the BTS, the toys admitted the Emissary happened, not to mention the set photos and script leak. Like you wouldn't just talk about the differences in the cut? Nothing about the chase sequence in the tank or how the Emissary acted among the loonies? Just that they filmed at night during the reshoot? REALLY?

BlueMarsalis79

Boyd clearly has more worthwhile things taking up that hard drive space in his head.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 04, 2021, 10:21:17 PM
I feel like this is old information since I swear he said something to that effect awhile back.

But really the commentary on The Predator was a whole lot of nothing. Like we know the night shoot happened, what else did you film Holbrook? We know he's at least aware of the Emissary, he was on set with them. Like I just don't get all the secrecy on that movie when the old cut's footage is on the BTS, the toys admitted the Emissary happened, not to mention the set photos and script leak. Like you wouldn't just talk about the differences in the cut? Nothing about the chase sequence in the tank or how the Emissary acted among the loonies? Just that they filmed at night during the reshoot? REALLY?

Yeah, I was hoping there was something worthy of an article here but Holbrook really didn't say anything did he. Certainly disappointing.

Still, thanks for posting this @ace3g !

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 04, 2021, 10:27:05 PM
Boyd clearly has more worthwhile things taking up that hard drive space in his head.

If this is a recent interview then you'd think if someone posed a question about the differences in cut it'd be more substantial than "we shot at night". Nothing on the other two Predator or the mutants? Nothing about Edward James Olmos? The most radically different detail was the night shoot? Nothing about the alternate we know is real and has photographs and behind the scenes footage?

Like if he doesn't want to talk about the film he's within his rights to say "no comment". But why indulge the question if he's just going to parrot the official reason they gave for the reshoots. We know they filmed at night, what else was changed that he filmed for? It's no secret the film had more than just a change in time of day.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 04, 2021, 10:42:35 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 04, 2021, 10:27:05 PM

If this is a recent interview then you'd think if someone posed a question about the differences in cut it'd be more substantial than "we shot at night". Nothing on the other two Predator or the mutants? Nothing about Edward James Olmos? The most radically different detail was the night shoot? Nothing about the alternate we know is real and has photographs and behind the scenes footage?

Like if he doesn't want to talk about the film he's within his rights to say "no comment". But why indulge the question if he's just going to parrot the official reason they gave for the reshoots. We know they filmed at night, what else was changed that he filmed for? It's no secret the film had more than just a change in time of day.

I always wanted to know more about the differences between the loonies deaths in this cut. For sure they filmed Keegan-Michael Key's death, there was photos leaks of it. Thomas Jane's could have been filmed too, but indeed no one talks about it, too bad.

Whos_Nick

I saw the original cut during a test and what I remember is during the humvee chase Thomas Jane sacrifices himself after Keegan dies and blows up the hybrids with the vehicle

RidgeTop

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Feb 10, 2021, 07:48:47 AM
I saw the original cut during a test and what I remember is during the humvee chase Thomas Jane sacrifices himself after Keegan dies and blows up the hybrids with the vehicle

Wish I could've seen those Emissaries in action.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Feb 10, 2021, 07:48:47 AM

Thank you so much man ! Do you remember any other notable differences for other deaths ? Traeger, Nebraska, Lynch, Nettles ?

Whiskeybrewer

Yeah its weird they are still secretive about the original cut

Voodoo Magic

I wish I could have seen Edward James Olmos in action...   :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed