ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 391,609 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Sep 12, 2014, 02:32:42 AM
I admit, many of those scenerios Xenomrph mentioned sound interesting to me. Except for Hicks not being dead. That is angering to me.
The parentheses are the titles in which they happened (or will happen, in some cases - not all of those titles are out yet).

predxeno

It's funny cause if there's already this much anger then this new "reboot" of canon that Fox is planning will probably implode in their faces... again, then all this angst we've been experiencing with this new canon will all be for nothing.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 12, 2014, 02:34:34 AM
The parentheses are the titles in which they happened (or will happen, in some cases - not all of those titles are out yet).

What scenarios in particular happened? What titles were accounted for?

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 12, 2014, 02:37:44 AM
It's funny cause if there's already this much anger then this new "reboot" of canon that Fox is planning will probably implode in their faces... again, then all this angst we've been experiencing with this new canon will all be for nothing.

Funny, because I was asking my comic clerk today if the comics were selling like hot-cakes. They are selling but not like hot-cakes. And what angst and anger? I've seen little to none of that. What angst and anger?

SM

Predxeno can summon enough hardcore angst and anger to account for 10 normal fans.

predxeno

It was implied that not a lot of people are fond of the rewriting the past films concept that Fox currently has going on.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 12, 2014, 02:43:26 AM
It was implied that not a lot of people are fond of the rewriting the past films concept that Fox currently has going on.

I most certainly don't like it. But hey.. every fandom goes through retcons.

Xenomrph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 12, 2014, 02:39:27 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 12, 2014, 02:34:34 AM

What scenarios in particular happened? What titles were accounted for?
I'm not sure I understand the question? All of the scenarios I listed will have happened once their titles have been released, and all the ones that have been released so far have happened. Hicks lives in Colonial Marines, Ripley wakes up in Out of the Shadows, W-Y comes back in Sea of Sorrows, etc.

predxeno

I still don't get why fans never liked bringing Hicks back from the dead, then again no one ever told me. :(

Xenomrph

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 12, 2014, 02:48:24 AM
I still don't get why fans never liked bringing Hicks back from the dead, then again no one ever told me. :(
It wasn't the fact that they did it, it was how they did it.
I don't mind it, but I can see how it could rub people the wrong way. It feels a bit like bad fan-fiction in some ways.

FiorinaFury161

Because of...

Spoiler
[close]

SM

Because he was quite clearly, obviously and irretrievably dead in Alien3, and the manner of his return was possibly the most incomprehensibly bad piece of writiing ever associated with an Alien license.  It not only paid no attention to the continuity of the souce material - it paid no attention to its own continuity.

predxeno

Am I to take it that this will be our official stance in the continuity rewrites laid out in the future?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 12, 2014, 02:47:30 AM
I'm not sure I understand the question? All of the scenarios I listed will have happened once their titles have been released, and all the ones that have been released so far have happened. Hicks lives in Colonial Marines, Ripley wakes up in Out of the Shadows, W-Y comes back in Sea of Sorrows, etc.

I was asking if any of the past EU was accounted for, but it seems I misunderstood your statement.

SM

What's "our official stance"?

Xenomrph

Isn't there a totally different Hicks prop in the theatrical cut vs the extended cut?

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2014, 03:00:15 AM

Because he was quite clearly, obviously and irretrievably dead in Alien3, and the manner of his return was possibly the most incomprehensibly bad piece of writiing ever associated with an Alien license.  It not only paid no attention to the continuity of the souce material - it paid no attention to its own continuity.

'Alien3' left enough wiggle-room by making his corpse unrecognizable. If they'd left his head intact and just had him impaled through the chest or something obviously unsurvivable, I highly doubt Colonial Marines would have even tried to resurrect him.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 12, 2014, 03:02:34 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 12, 2014, 02:47:30 AM

I was asking if any of the past EU was accounted for, but it seems I misunderstood your statement.
Yeah no, those are all retcons within the last year, from entirely new material that's just come out or about to come out. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed