Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 119,265 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah. I'm with you hicks on the deadpool 2 front, 100% makes total sense , all I'm saying is this film doesn't seem bothered in competing with anything, it's not putting itself out there, this is business and when Shane black sold us the idea that this would be a big blockbuster "event" film it makes me wonder what the secrecy is about.

What I'm getting at is they need to set the record straight and give us something substantial that we can all get behind and say "yeah we got this wrong , the film actually looks like it's going to be awesome!!"  Hicks do you get what I'm getting at ?

Corporal Hicks

When marketing kicks in they will talk about the film. We'll get the set visits, we'll start to get interviews and we'll actually learn something more than the soundbites we've had so far. Until then it's just us being impatient (because we've known about the film for so long) and suffering from Chicken Little syndrome (because that's just what fandoms do).

ELDERCLANLEADER

Chicken little syndrome lol 😂 that's a belter !

I read the script again , there are plenty are things in there that i have come to like , believe it or not I have sort of come full circle , things I didn't like at first I'm now digging , im now more worried about the limited marketing treatment it seems it's getting more than what the film contains , but you are right hicks we will know a lot more come deadpool 2.

Malash

Malash

do you think there will be a trailer leak?

Corporal Hicks

No. We'll get footage/trailer descriptions for sure but I don't think we'll see any actual recordings out of Cinemacon. It's not for fans. It's for industry.

Malash

Malash

venom had leaks.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

Venom didn't leak from CinemaCon though, a theater leaked it after receiving the trailer

Original Predator

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 24, 2018, 01:39:16 PM
Chicken little syndrome lol 😂 that's a belter !

I read the script again , there are plenty are things in there that i have come to like , believe it or not I have sort of come full circle , things I didn't like at first I'm now digging , im now more worried about the limited marketing treatment it seems it's getting more than what the film contains , but you are right hicks we will know a lot more come deadpool 2.

It may well be that the Predator has hit the end of it's road.  My wish was for Arnold/Dutch story to be wrapped up.  That said, this franchise has p-ssed away so many opportunities (and too much time has passed) to keep itself relevant it's now down to a "niche" semi-cult following market. 

I'd be curious to see the true "big picture" on fan consumption of this franchise (demographics).  I'm not sure that the average movie-go'er cares about Predator, let alone knows about it.  And even though it would have been for the better- Arnold would not have added much to the box office or added additional interest, as his time has passed. 

I think FOX is trying to hit on some sort of jackpot here.  The fan base will pay for the movie- anything beyond that we'll see.  I just don't see this thing lasting too much longer on the blockbuster-movie level.  And all in all maybe that's why Fox is being "meh" about the marketing.  I'm starting to think so.

Heck the movie may be decent, but they know it's just not going to hit a lot of consumers interest.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Original predator I have come to similar conclusions about where fox stand with the predator franchise myself. While I think the film will be a lot better than what people think it will be , I think you are right in that it isn't really commercial anymore. I'm die hard for predator and nothing tickles me the way our predator friend does , however I do accept I'm in the minority, and that's where probably where the problem lies. They won't invest heavily because of fear of failure, like you said fox have pi$$ed the franchise up the wall, to many gimmicks, to many throw backs to the original, it never managed to create a coherent story. And to your average joe , predator has become another monster movie that you take or leave. Fox have rinsed what was special about the alien in the first place imo.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Malash on Apr 24, 2018, 02:34:18 PM
venom had leaks.
They also only released this new trailer áfter a bootleg leak from the same con. I can wait, but seriously expect stuff to start dripping in soon.

Corporal Hicks

It didn't originate from the con. It was an actual cinema that leaked it.

Huggs

Huggs

If the reactions to the footage are less than positive, they need to just release the trailer already. I'm staying positive, and will reserve judgment until I've read the official plot summary and novel upon release. But yeah, if the cinemacon video is "take it or leave it", I'd say they've got a stinker on their hands.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 24, 2018, 04:56:13 PM
Source? And the principle remains: once stuff leaks, they usually react fast by releasing an original source over the bootleg.

Not holding my breath over it, just saying what I expect in 2018 to happen.

That being said, Huggs, you need a novel to judge a film?!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 24, 2018, 08:15:07 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 24, 2018, 04:56:13 PM
Source? And the principle remains: once stuff leaks, they usually react fast by releasing an original source over the bootleg.

Not holding my breath over it, just saying what I expect in 2018 to happen.

That being said, Huggs, you need a novel to judge a film?!

Only in the sense that by combining the plot summary online and the official movie novelization after the films release, I can get a basic enough grasp of what the overall tone and narrative structure of the film truly are. The novel just adds much more detail to what I already know from the plot summary. Granted, there are some instances where the novel surpasses the film, such as covenant or skull island. My overall point here is that I will personally have enough information from those sources to make my decision regarding whether to go see the film in theaters.

So yes, this is my method. I can borrow a book or get one from a library. And they're also very cheap. I can also put a book down after 5 minutes, and come back to it a year later at no charge. Once I've paid to see a bad movie, all I can do is suffer through it, or walk out early with less money and nothing to show for it.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

release the trailer

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed