Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 120,293 times)

Darkoo

Darkoo

The official Indonesian FOX twitter confirmed, the first trailer will debut online next month.
https://twitter.com/20thCFoxID/status/988329052170739713

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Original Predator on Apr 23, 2018, 12:56:09 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 23, 2018, 12:37:13 AM
They didn't have the money for a big name action star. Which is a great thing since they already have the Predator. Frees up money for other things.

Yeah cause a movie "staring" the predator is legit.

Who needs an A-lister when you have a cult classic creature?  Lol.

B. Holbrook was great in wolverine, correct.

Next to ummmm an A LIST ACTOR!!!

I love how this board literally sets up a path of excuses for why fox and black is being cheap and lazy with this film.

Soothsayers not needed.

That absolutely wasn't my point honestly. And you are not a soothsayer for saying how cheap and lazy fox and black are with this film ?

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Guys, how can you talk about A-list actors, or the fact that this movie doesnt need them when we already have the Arnold Schwarzenegger in the first Predator? Of course that part of the success of first Predator is because of the Arnold presence. . and not only him, the entire cast of the first movie was and ever will be legendary. Maybe that now, after all these years we just need mainly a good story, but still. . there is nothing bad when there is always some kind of A-list name in the cast. Me personally, I dont like the fact that Boyd Holdbrook is the main lead here, that guy never convinced me especially with his "soft" face, so. . Im looking forward on the other actors here. Benicio Del Toro would be a million times better than Boyd Holdbrook, and I think that I'm not alone with this opinion. Just try to compare this two actors together. . you cant even try that, and thats the problem.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Darkoo on Apr 23, 2018, 08:42:55 AM
The official Indonesian FOX twitter confirmed, the first trailer will debut online next month.
https://twitter.com/20thCFoxID/status/988329052170739713

Called it. *high fives self*

Hollywood

Hollywood

Word is Marvel doesn't have plans for comic con so that may result in The Predator getting more attention.

Brzrkr

Brzrkr

Quote from: Hollywood on Apr 23, 2018, 05:51:58 PM
Word is Marvel doesn't have plans for comic con so that may result in The Predator getting more attention.

It will be less than two months from release by then, so I certainly hope so.

Ramjet311

Ramjet311

Surely from a marketing prospective they will have the trailer attached to Deadpool 2. Both "R" rated and fits the timelime. And considering the numbers for DP2, would definitely generate alot more interested in the casual fan

Highland

Highland

So what happened to the cinecon thing, did that just not happen, or nobody heard anything.

Hollywood

Hollywood

It's happening in a few days. The trailer is confirmed to be shown.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Highland on Apr 24, 2018, 01:03:06 AM
So what happened to the cinecon thing, did that just not happen, or nobody heard anything.
It should be today, the 24th.

And while no one here expects any bootleg action, it is what happened with the new Venom trailer.

von

von

Fox will showcase their films on Thursday, 26 April.

skull-splitter

My bad.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: skull-splitter on Apr 24, 2018, 08:51:05 AM
Quote from: Highland on Apr 24, 2018, 01:03:06 AM
It should be today, the 24th.

And while no one here expects any bootleg action, it is what happened with the new Venom trailer.

The Venom leak came from a cinema didn't it, not from Cinemacon?

Also, I've got intel to suggest it's not going to be a trailer shown at Cinemacon but some sort of preview footage. I'm not 100% on this though so don't take it as gospel.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Hicks if it's another preview/screening and not a trailer is it fair to say fox are not confident ? I mean come on already!!!

I understand we need to have faith but there's a limit to how long the wool can be pulled over our eyes, if this movie is to be successful they need to act now , venom has gone full blown on the marketing front now and its out a month later. This is ridiculous, what are they afraid from ?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Apr 24, 2018, 01:14:31 PM
Hicks if it's another preview/screening and not a trailer is it fair to say fox are not confident ? I mean come on already!!!

Not really. Alien: Covenant showed 2 (I think) scenes from the film, not a trailer. Nothing about showing a trailer or an actual scene speaks to any amount of confidence. It's just more doomsday-saying from my perspective, I'm afraid.

QuoteI understand we need to have faith but there's a limit to how long the wool can be pulled over our eyes, if this movie is to be successful they need to act now , venom has gone full blown on the marketing front now and its out a month later. This is ridiculous, what are they afraid from ?

It's a Marvel film. Makes sense Venom's trailer would be attached to the biggest Marvel film of the year, no? It still makes sense to me that The Predator trailer will be attached to Deadpool 2. I know it's Marvel but it's adult Marvel, it's R-rated, bloody, graphic and it's Fox. Seems like the right demographic to me.

Sorry, I'm not subscribing to this fandom panic that the film is going to suck. I don't have the full picture. Am I getting impatient? Sure. But I'll watch the film and make up my opinion then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed