Rebellion Coming Back?

Started by Spoonman101, Jul 14, 2014, 06:08:09 AM

Author
Rebellion Coming Back? (Read 53,204 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: AJL on Jul 28, 2014, 12:10:54 PM
I don't know about UE2.. but in AvP game where at least in my opinion utilizing shadows is a fundamental
part of character behaviour/gameplay, I think it is a major flaw when the lighting system is so inconsistent
that you can't trust what you see..

i.e. alien tries to hide in the shadows only to stand out like a sore thumb and be blown away from halfway
across the map because.. while the environment (level geometry) appears like a nice dark hiding spot, the
alien (dynamic object) may still be fully illuminated by the differently calculated model lighting...

Fair enough, good point.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

I hope they come back. They are the only developer i trust with the franchise tbh. Sure, their games may not be A+++ COD killers. But they are very faithful and true to the source material. Alien has be to be played in 1st person though, it's awkward as hell seeing the alien move around in third person. Takes away the immersion aspect, plus you dont see all the awkward transitions.

AVP2010 would have been perfect if they had incorporated better online features and multiplayer , more classes and weapons, and levels. Single player content we got was fine though. No complaints, i enjoy replaying the levels.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

I'd like it to tie in with avp 2010 in some way. Tighter and more responsibe controls. Overall I'd be happy if they came back

Vrastal

Vrastal

I would love it if the next game had controls and gameplay like avp2.

hated the execute buttons and having to hit the the interact buttton for entering vents, or headbites, and all of that

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nazrel on Aug 21, 2014, 06:40:08 AMhated the execute buttons and having to hit the the interact buttton for entering vents, or headbites, and all of that

I really liked the instant trophy kills, but they were way too overpowered.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: CaptainVulcan on Aug 21, 2014, 06:06:50 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 21, 2014, 07:04:39 AM
I really liked the instant trophy kills, but they were way too overpowered.
Which could have been countered given the proper response mechanics.
^^^ This.

Honestly. I really liked a lot of the new gameplay mechanics Rebellion introduced in AVP'10, but some (like the Finish/Stealth Kills) needed some refinement to balance it out. The poor netcode didn't help at all, either.

The Finish/Stealth Kills were a risk-reward system that players should've had the option to enable/disable if they were hosting a game. Players should've also been required to be directly in front or behind their opponent to initialize the Finish/Stealth Kill, and to hold the button/key for about 1-2 seconds before it would begin. More points should've been rewarded for pulling it off since it would've been much more difficult to perform.

Rebellion had some good ideas that were stifled by poor implementation. Several specific, relatively minor tweaks could've easily remedied the poor species balance, too.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Nothing wrong with the instant kills. But they should only be accomplished if you're attacking from behind (Stealth kill) or if the opponent has a % amount of health left. Currently i believe you can use a E kill if you use a heavy attack to knock down an opponent. The opposing player should be able to break free though.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Players can break out of Finishing Kills if they have enough health (such as after being stunned from a heavy attack; getting knocked down - if the opponent doesn't circle around to the back), but I feel Stealth Kills should remain guaranteed. They just shouldn't be so ridiculously easy to execute.

MandatoryAlcatraz

MandatoryAlcatraz

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Aug 21, 2014, 10:00:29 PM
Players can break out of Finishing Kills if they have enough health (such as after being stunned from a heavy attack; getting knocked down - if the opponent doesn't circle around to the back), but I feel Stealth Kills should remain guaranteed. They just shouldn't be so ridiculously easy to execute.

One of the main problems with AvP3 is that you can get knocked down. Also, I have seen Predators break out of E kills, but never Aliens or Marines (maybe I haven't played it enough to see).

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I kind of like the knock down mechanic and believe it could work well with some tweaks. You definitely shouldn't get knocked down so easily as an Alien or Pred. Only pouncing from maximum range should do it.

I suppose, if anything, the only time counters should cause knock down is when an Alien or Pred use it against a Marine, but I'm not entirely sold on that idea.

I used to see Marines and Aliens break out of Finishers rather often actually. In fact, I used to do it a lot. It doesn't work off Stealth Kills, though.

MandatoryAlcatraz

MandatoryAlcatraz

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Aug 21, 2014, 11:54:42 PM
I kind of like the knock down mechanic and believe it could work well with some tweaks. You definitely shouldn't get knocked down so easily as an Alien or Pred. Only pouncing from maximum range should do it.

I suppose, if anything, the only time counters should cause knock down is when an Alien or Pred use it against a Marine, but I'm not entirely sold on that idea.

I used to see Marines and Aliens break out of Finishers rather often actually. In fact, I used to do it a lot. It doesn't work off Stealth Kills, though.
Yeah, I guess pouncing would make sense, but in any other way is just cheap and unbalanced. Which was one of my major issues with AvP2 (Things like Aliens running so slow).

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 20, 2014, 10:52:40 PM
I'd like it to tie in with avp 2010 in some way.

I would like for them to continue the AvP franchise with this continuity in particular. Establish the AvP franchise as it's own universe/continuity which has parallels but is considered separate to the Prometheus/Alien and Predator franchise.

Also give us back the variety for melee weapons. While the wristblades are cool and all, I do miss the fact that we could use the combi-staff as an up close weapon. I didn't like that variety was limited to just ranged weapons. The one thing I liked about AvP2 was that we could have our selection of melee weapons to be our main weapon of choice.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 25, 2014, 08:13:02 PMAlso give us back the variety for melee weapons. While the wristblades are cool and all, I do miss the fact that we could use the combi-staff as an up close weapon. I didn't like that variety was limited to just ranged weapons. The one thing I liked about AvP2 was that we could have our selection of melee weapons to be our main weapon of choice.

Concrete Jungle had some bitching melee weapons in it. Like the giant bladed tonfa that could just slice dudes in half.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 26, 2014, 07:30:03 AM
Concrete Jungle had some bitching melee weapons in it. Like the giant bladed tonfa that could just slice dudes in half.

Concrete Jungle.. Man, I miss playing that game.

Yeah, the maul blade was some seriously beastly stuff right there! I really liked in the game how you could perform combination strikes and even different kill moves with all the weapons at your disposal. I rarely used the plasma caster since the melee system was where it was at as far as that game was concerned.

happypred

happypred

If only we could have a Concrete Jungle-like game with current graphics and clan warfare multiplayer

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed