Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 715,293 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 16, 2021, 11:58:49 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 16, 2021, 11:02:53 PM
I will leave when you explain the shape-shifting pods with a coherent in-universe answer.

Asthetics, the director wanted a particular desifn but its suppose to be the same pods.

That's the opposite of an in-universe answer.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 17, 2021, 12:00:58 AM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 16, 2021, 11:58:49 PM
I will leave when you explain the shape-shifting pods with a coherent in-universe answer.

Asthetics, the director wanted a particular desifn but its suppose to be the same pods.

That's the opposite of an in-universe answer.

True.

In verse, David was secretly on board with two eggs and moved the bodies to new pods. :p

Huggs

Huggs

Alien tissue began to integrate itself into the molecular structure of the cryo-tubes, as it finds certain types of polymers incredibly smooth and sexy. This union of biological and technological materials transformed the cryo-tubes into Alien techno-wombs. Harsh, pale, and supple.

Alas, poor Newt, drowned in the amniotic xemen.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 17, 2021, 03:42:29 AM
Alien tissue began to integrate itself into the molecular structure of the cryo-tubes, as it finds certain types of polymers incredibly smooth and sexy. This union of biological and technological materials transformed the cryo-tubes into Alien techno-wombs. Harsh, pale, and supple.

Alas, poor Newt, drowned in the amniotic xemen.

This actually sounds closer to Giger's designs, that the Xenomorph is cyborg, machine and organic.

kwisatz

kwisatz

You don't care about the egg  ???

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Rewatching Alien3 and I saw one egg. So either its twin facehuggers or a superhugger.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Saw anyone planting any eggs?

Or pods morphing?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 25, 2021, 03:49:50 AM
Rewatching Alien3 and I saw one egg. So either its twin facehuggers or a superhugger.

There were originally supposed to be several eggs, if I remember correct. There may have been a set photo.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Don't we need a thread for the additional eggs?

Huggs

Huggs

Why mess with perfection?

kwisatz

kwisatz

This thread. You admire it..

Huggs

Huggs

I admire it's purity. A survivor. Unclouded..by consensus, remorse, or delusions of finality.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Is there a place though where Kradan and [cancerblack] can discuss pod-morphing without unnnecessarily derailing this thread?

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Eggs, Facehuggers, and Runners Oh My!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

For the newbie (who, I might point out, remains unbaptized by SM so far)...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 17, 2018, 03:31:45 PM
It's not even really a "new ability," just an extension of what we've already seen.  The eggs obviously start out small and develop over time within the queen's ovipositor, right?

My theory just speculates that tearing herself free of her egg sac left the queen with a gaping hole in her abdomen and her "ovaries" exposed.  As she fought Ripley in the Sulaco's hangar bay, at least one of her premature eggs fell out of this abdominal cavity and oozed through the floor-grates where it congealed into place and took root.

In keeping with the aliens' physical hardiness, this proto-egg was able to survive outside of the queen's "womb" and even grow on its own to full-size during the Sulaco's three-week journey back to Earth.  Mind you, this process would be relatively slow compared to the aliens' usual accelerated growth rate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed