Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 713,461 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Jun 16, 2021, 12:01:02 AM
It's fine, I don't know anybody who watches it anymore who cares

Yep. This is what it boils down to, essentially. The egg makes no sense but... whatever! You roll with it, or you don't. I like the movie, so I choose to roll with it.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

I think it makes sense that the egg laying queen with a giant egg sack that bloated full of eggs might have had two premature ones laying around that did some tentacle nonsense and stuck themselves to the new set they had to build quickly without care for much continuity with Aliens. The last part is really the only problem. If this thing has a Pacific Ocean of eggs it's just flinging out then, yeah one or two made it perhaps even without purpose or malice or even notice. Bad mom in that case but what can you do

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 15, 2021, 11:58:53 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Jun 15, 2021, 11:43:15 PM
people are still talking about this.

christ.

This is what happens when we fail to reach consensus.

It'll spread like COVID.

This thread.. Martin Luther King.. The Jedi......

judge death

judge death

I think my theory for it works fine and fits well with what we have in the bluray menu. :)

The_Nostromo_Files

The_Nostromo_Files

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2021, 12:04:32 AM
Yep. This is what it boils down to, essentially. The egg makes no sense but... whatever! You roll with it, or you don't. I like the movie, so I choose to roll with it.
Agreed! I just re-watched The Alien Saga and it was cool to see the old trailers and re-live the excitement of a new Alien movie. I appreciate we all have different opinions, but the polarized pissing and moaning do get old... Oh for the days when we could agree to disagree.

razeak

razeak

It's just one of those things that gets more attention because it led to two beloved characters going bye bye.

The_Nostromo_Files

The_Nostromo_Files

Quote from: razeak on Jun 29, 2021, 03:26:45 AM
It's just one of those things that gets more attention because it led to two beloved characters going bye bye.
True that.

Kradan

The_Nostromo_Files

The_Nostromo_Files

McBragg! Haven't seen him in centuries...

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

I've cracked the egg on the Sulaco!

Spoiler
It was just a production goof!
[close]

The_Nostromo_Files

The_Nostromo_Files

Quote from: Guts on Jul 05, 2021, 04:50:33 AM
I've cracked the egg on the Sulaco!

Spoiler
It was just a production goof!
[close]
That's quite punny, actually...

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: maledoro on Dec 13, 2006, 10:43:37 PM
...or, maybe some facehuggers can deliver more than one embryo (like twins)? Remember, in Alien, the facehugger left Kane and had made it up to the ceiling of the infirmary. It may have been looking for another host and had died while waiting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/Elves/cool.gif

Actually that theory is plausible thanks to Alien Covenant, the one guy gets a facehugger taken off quickly but later a chestburster comes out of him in the third act. So facehuggers coukd conceivably drop seed into multiple hosts, perhaps this is an survival state, that the facehugger being the last of its kind does not stay on one host too long before moving to another host, but when there are many eggs the facehugger only seeks one host.

judge death

judge death

Nah it implanted one person and then died. The captain got facehugged by another one after David showed him down to the basement, although that super rapid implantation seem to be only possible by Davids strand of xeno prototype, as the normal xenos from the alien trilogy took 2 hours or so. Only defiance comic book seem to imply a facehugger barely needs to attach to a host.

Only a super facehugger can implant 2 embryos which assembly cut shows/queen bearing facehugger in normal version. Although I wouldnt count out alien exctinctions showing of several embryos or several facehuggers coming from same egg/host.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

I'm talking about the guy who got his face burned when they took the facehugger off. The facehugger was barely on his face, and then later we see the second Xeno has come out of him and is headed for the showers.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 09, 2021, 01:20:43 AM
I'm talking about the guy who got his face burned when they took the facehugger off. The facehugger was barely on his face, and then later we see the second Xeno has come out of him and is headed for the showers.

Doesn't that hugger immediately curl up and die after being removed, or am I misremembering?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed