A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Jul 03, 2018, 11:31:07 PM

Author
A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered? (Read 49,828 times)

MrH

to those thinking my new report is bollocks.
please see this article by deadline and you can see the puzzle pieces moving.
https://deadline.com/2018/10/disney-fox-film-executives-merger-plan-alan-horn-stacey-snider-1202478704/amp/

fox will still be working, different people in charge, streaming is a priority for them, and will be fox working with Hulu, under Disney.

rumour?
sure.

trusted source?
absolutely.

SiL

What about that article supports the rumour?

MrH

Quote from: SiL on Oct 10, 2018, 08:20:46 AM
What about that article supports the rumour?

what doesn't?
the fact streaming is a priority, fox will be working with Hulu. the fact disney have already appointed department heads. numerous thing here support what my source has said.

I appreciate you guys won't believe it, that's absolutely fine. I trust my source. wholeheartedly, been right on numerous things in the past and has links direct to fox. so im inclined to believe.

SM

Some of us also have sources at Fox too.

SiL

Quote from: MrH on Oct 10, 2018, 09:58:45 AM
what doesn't?
Zero mention of the Alien franchise anywhere within it.

MrH

Quote from: SiL on Oct 10, 2018, 10:35:21 AM
Quote from: MrH on Oct 10, 2018, 09:58:45 AM
what doesn't?
Zero mention of the Alien franchise anywhere within it.

Yeah that wasn't what I said, I didn't say oh hey, this article proves me right.
I just said this supports it, read between the lines, effectively.

If Disney are doing all of the above, stating outright that fox working with Hulu is a priority etc, then it becomes more believable that the alien series has its streaming service in Hulu. That was what I meant. Should have been more transparent, it seems.

SiL

There's a huge leap between "Fox will work with Hulu" and "They're making an Alien series".

Frosty Venom

But you see the connection he makes yes?

SM

No.

What I did get out of it is that Fox will continue producing "adult-themed" films under Emma Watts - despite every man and his dog loudly proclaiming that "Disney won't make Alien movies; they should sell it!"

whiterabbit

Yea, but they should sell it. Although if they want to give it a try, shoots I'm game. I mean a tfa/marvel alien is fine with me... but please no tlj alien. You know, where humanity searchs for the long lost Ripley 08 to save the day, for her to only bitch and moan about it the entire mooo-vie. And then die because she was too weak to care.

Kane's other son

Disney didn't buy Fox to make Disney movies under a different banner. And they definitely didn't spend $70 billion to bring the X-Men and Deadpool to Marvel.

acrediblesource

If AMC's the Terror is anything to reference, the new series should at least have that caliber of cast and drama tension.

Russ

As their current rise to world domination is proving, the House of Mouse isn't run by idiots and they're even smart enough to admit when they screw up (the one guy came out said that he realised there were too many Star Wars movies back to back and that would slow down IIRC).

The issue Aliens / Predator / AvP as has been pointed out on other threads - they keep failing to deliver. They're not that profitable - certainly in theatrical terms. So TV maybe a good way of building up a profitable franchise again.

I imagine if Disney DO take on an Aliens show, it'll be fcking awesome. Cos if they DO commit to it, they won't command it be set in a warehouse in Prague or Jerkwater USA. They also know how to make crowd pleasers.

Unlike WB, it seems that "divisive / flawed but interesting" and all that kind of thing are dirty words for Disney.

Stitch

Quote from: Kane's other son on Oct 12, 2018, 12:15:45 PM
And they definitely didn't spend $70 billion to bring the X-Men and Deadpool to Marvel.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did.

SM

SM

Buying Marvel assets would've been a major draw.

Not $70b worth, but a major draw nonetheless.

QuoteDisney didn't buy Fox to make Disney movies under a different banner.

They make Star Wars movies under the Lucasfilm banner.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed