Announcing Alien: The Blueprints from Titan Books!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 26, 2017, 06:24:19 PM

Author
Announcing Alien: The Blueprints from Titan Books! (Read 51,879 times)

Xenomrph

As an aside, I sent you a Facebook friend request :)

USG Ishimura

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 02, 2019, 06:55:44 PM
As an aside, I sent you a Facebook friend request :)

Sent you a pm. Your 'The Dude' banner is very fitting. LOL!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 02, 2019, 05:33:01 PM
Didn't the coolant cylinders come from the Nostromo's HeliJet? I assume that's what their primary purpose were for.

There were also some in a storage area next to the hangar.
Some of it did, yeah.

Quote from: USG Ishimura on Oct 02, 2019, 11:20:57 AM
I am imagining the scene in 'Jurassic Park' where Alan Grant closes the door on little Timmy as the boy gets into the Ford Explorer.
Excuse me for being passionate about a subject you provided a wonderful addition to :)

Thanks for spending the time to engage with us, even if you find the nerd discussions ingratiating  :P

Local Trouble

Hell, I was already willing to settle for...

Quote from: SM on Sep 29, 2019, 01:42:10 AM
Maybe one of them was out of order.

The Old One

The Old One

I think Alien is partially so tense because of the pure desperation, so another Cryotube isn't necessary.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 02, 2019, 10:54:35 PM
Hell, I was already willing to settle for...

Quote from: SM on Sep 29, 2019, 01:42:10 AM
Maybe one of them was out of order.
Or if we must include a third in the blueprint, we could just say it was planned to have three -- but they skimped and didn't install it in the end ;D

Local Trouble

Same for the Salmacis.  Or that it was cannibalized for parts to keep the Narcissus running.

Prez

Got it in the post yesterday.
The book is absolutely beautiful... I think even though I've only had a chance to flick through parts of it, I can say with hand on heart that this could become my prized treasure in my rather constantly growing collection of Alien related material.

FWIW I couldn't give a stuff about 3 hypersleep chambers on an escape pod ;-p
Outstanding effort Graham.

The Old One

The Old One

It is beautiful true, heavenly so- but the Devil's in the details and Alien's clearly got passionate people working on it, and debating it to this day.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Oct 03, 2019, 10:20:07 AM
It is beautiful true, heavenly so- but the Devil's in the details and Alien's clearly got passionate people working on it, and debating it to this day.

True. My original post was a bit tongue in cheek.
People will be annoyed by the Egg on the Sulaco and it ruins their experience with Alien3. Some don't. All subjective. Open to interpretation.

Personally I can't wait to get some free time this weekend to dive deeper into this book.

The Old One

The Old One

It doesn't ruin my experience, but is an issue.

Local Trouble

A lot of it can be handwaved by saying that corporate bean counters forced them to cut corners throughout the Nostromo's service life.  I'm intimately familiar with that sort of thing in my job.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, the Nostromo and the Sulaco most likely, along with Fiorina 161.

Prez

So last night I finally got a chance to really dive deeper into this book. Wow.
The insight into Aliens era vehicles and locations is just geek heaven for me. The detail is incredible. Also what is even better is that for someone who saw this film in the premiere night back in 1986 in the cinema, I found all this new stuff I hadn't considered or thought about.

Tremendous.

Wonder if any of the schematics will be available as large scale prints.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Prez on Oct 05, 2019, 02:00:53 AM
So last night I finally got a chance to really dive deeper into this book. Wow.
The insight into Aliens era vehicles and locations is just geek heaven for me. The detail is incredible. Also what is even better is that for someone who saw this film in the premiere night back in 1986 in the cinema, I found all this new stuff I hadn't considered or thought about.

Tremendous.

Wonder if any of the schematics will be available as large scale prints.
For a while I believe Graham offered some of them as prints.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed