Pathogen - New Campaign

Started by Kailem, Jun 10, 2022, 04:04:49 PM

Author
Pathogen - New Campaign (Read 37,289 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Interesting idea me and Judge Death discussed on the Discord:

What if the differences we are seeing here are because they are "Alien Neomorphs" ? As in Neomorphs born from them. Hence the hive type structure and new types. Just a potential theory.

Thank you to Heraldry for the link here: https://www.ign.com/articles/aliens-fireteam-elite-pathogen-dlc-announced

RidgeTop

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Now that's good stuff.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Crossplay now confirmed in July from a new interview:

Samhain13

Samhain13

Is this new campaign included in the season pass ? Is this the Season 4 from the roadmap ?

Vrastal

Vrastal

im excited but im not interested in pathogen stuff too much anymore. id rather see more alien varients

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 11, 2022, 01:10:52 AMIs this new campaign included in the season pass ? Is this the Season 4 from the roadmap ?

I don't know about Season Pass, but S4's coming July I assume because that's when we get crossplay, whatever the case the DLC's separate from the released roadmap.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Looks like we're getting Neomorphs.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 10, 2022, 06:01:23 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 10, 2022, 05:46:06 PMSP expansions have almost always been paid content.  This even goes back to the old Primal Hunt days. 

Yeah, but that's just it; that was the old days. Paid map content for multiplayer games hasn't been a thing since around 2015, because people realised that all it was doing was segregating the player base, and likely publishers and devs realised they weren't making as much money off the later releases because less and less people were sticking around and paying for every new map pack that came out.

That's why we saw pretty much the entire industry switch to a "maps are free, cosmetics are paid" model round about 2016 or so, with "battle passes" becoming the new norm because they encouraged players to keep playing the game for longer periods of time if they wanted new rewards (many of which were free, but even the paid ones required player retention).

And with more and more games switching to longer-term "live service"-type models, player retention is what it's all about these days. Paid single player DLC is still a thing sure, but it's actually a little jarring to see paid multiplayer maps for a game in 2022. Definitely not something I expected at all.

Since I solo everything I forgot this was actually an mp game lol.  But you are right, the last two MP games I've played were Breakpoint and Division 2.  One of which had a ton of free content and the other that did not.

Guess it'll be price vs content to determine if it is valued or not. 

razeak

razeak

I'm going n favor of an actual expansion pack. That's DLC for your whippersnappers. Back when you got a decent chunk of content for a fair price. This isn't huge, but hopefully the price is in line. I'll play it with my son.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It just has to be worth the price.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Not feeling the Sock'em Bopper neomorph... but excited for more missions.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Same lol

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

The problem with this being paid is that it shows the developers lied.

Stitch

Stitch

I don't mind paying, as long as it's worth it. I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll be overpriced and underdelivered.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed