Pathogen - New Campaign

Started by Kailem, Jun 10, 2022, 04:04:49 PM

Author
Pathogen - New Campaign (Read 37,021 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 11, 2022, 07:53:58 AMThe problem with this being paid is that it shows the developers lied.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/816573701213388850/985081425852248114/Screenshots_2022-06-10-19-51-05.png

I think that might've been specifically about the Year 1 roadmap, and the question was in reference to lootboxes and MTX.

Some more interesting responses from them in the Discord I'll be looking through later.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 11, 2022, 07:53:58 AMThe problem with this being paid is that it shows the developers lied.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/816573701213388850/985081425852248114/Screenshots_2022-06-10-19-51-05.png

I think that might've been specifically about the Year 1 roadmap, and the question was in reference to lootboxes and MTX.

https://i.imgur.com/9vuBWyA.jpg
Some more interesting responses from them in the Discord I'll be looking through later.

Nope, this was their first ever statement around DLC, nowhere does it mention year 1 or anything, just that nothing except cosmetics would be paid, they quietly changed it after they added Elite to the title to say that only the deluxe pass packs would be cosmetics, but that will never change the fact that their original statement was and always will be that there would be no paywalls.

It's also worth noting that the Spiked user has been very unconstructive and unreasonable on this topic, trying to piss people off, putting words in their mouth and ignoring proper arguments

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

So how do you feel about it? I'm not understanding your perspective. You write in broken sentences and not following through with a stated opinion. I'd respect your opinion if there were one writen in that specific post. So before I get banned for arguing with Colonel Higgs here is my perspective :
After year one of no DLC charges for new content (which was  either promised or illuded depending on your perspective), we will be getting a new business model. Regardless. I'm glad. I simply hope they can deliver on the trills and chills. I'm confident they will.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think it's fine

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jun 11, 2022, 09:30:36 PMSo how do you feel about it? I'm not understanding your perspective. You write in broken sentences and not following through with a stated opinion. I'd respect your opinion if there were one writen in that specific post. So before I get banned for arguing with Colonel Higgs here is my perspective :
After year one of no DLC charges for new content (which was  either promised or illuded depending on your perspective), we will be getting a new business model. Regardless. I'm glad. I simply hope they can deliver on the trills and chills. I'm confident they will.
I've made my opinion very clear, I'm dissapointed the Developers went back on their word, when the game was just called Aliens Fireteam they said ALL DLC would be cosmetic and that ALL content would be free, now that no longer applies.

Proof:
Steam Archive

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I wonder if S4 will drop with crossplay before this comes out.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 12, 2022, 02:54:38 PMI wonder if S4 will drop with crossplay before this comes out.

It will. Interview said July.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 11, 2022, 10:20:26 PMI think it's fine

But the devs LIED to the FANS!!!

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

My pitchfork's too heavy and I just wanna plaaaaaaayyy.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's a reasonable reaction. I don't mind forking out for substantial content (assuming it's only like £5-10) but it is contrary to what has been said.

Sounds like the new campaign may have more map/layout variety. It's something you get a little of in the first mission, but be interested to see how prominent it is in the Pathogen missions.

Interesting to hear that Alphatech is being brought into it now. That's a deep-cup I like. I had to look that one up as I couldn't remember it from Dark Horse's Colonial Marines.

Not sure I like the idea of the Alien mutated Neomorphs though. We've only really seen it in Fire and Stone, otherwise I don't think it's been a thing in other lore like Into Charybdis. Will have to see how it comes across.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The press release got sent out today. Nothing much extra, but here are the details of what else we're getting with Pathogen.

QuoteSomething sinister has evolved in the wilds of planet LV-895 and not even Xenomorphs are safe from its ravages. The crew of the Endeavor must venture into uncharted lands and face terrifying new enemies if they hope to discover the source of this mysterious new threat. This expansion adds a new campaign to Aliens: Fireteam Elite which features three exclusive story missions where players will attempt to survive against never-before-seen enemies with an armory of new tools and cosmetics.

The Pathogen Expansion features the following content:

3 New Missions as a part of the Pathogen campaign

8 New Weapons, 2 for each weapon type

1 New Perk for each Class Kit that modifies the player's main ability

26 New Weapon Attachments that modify stats and grant special traits

2 New Outfits (for all 7 Class Kits) and 6 Head Accessories for Marine customization

21 New Weapon Colors and 9 Decals for gun customization

10 New Emotes for interacting within Fireteams

And Hardcore is free for everyone, just drops at the same time as Pathogen.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Hopefully a grenade launcher attachment for the Pulse Rifle's in there somewhere.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 13, 2022, 05:54:36 PMHopefully a grenade launcher attachment for the Pulse Rifle's in there somewhere.
I'd rather they not paywall that too

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'd rather get it than not.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Our thoughts:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed