Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel (Read 104,035 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jun 07, 2017, 09:17:54 PMI've lost count of the times I've seen people ask for stuff just about the Company, stuff just set in the universe with no Aliens.

Well, here it is and its 'Well I'm not buying this'.

I'm one of those who'd like some stories without the actual Alien in, and I'm quite looking forward to giving this a go. I'm just thrown because this certainly isn't what I expected the book to be about.

skhellter

At this point i'd prefer a proper big ass graphic novel about Shaw and David's adventures in Paradise.

art by Kent Williams and written by Brian Wood
Go fund THAT, Dark Horse.

shawsbaby

Agreed. A graphic novel showing David and Shaw in the ship post Prometheus and pre Covenant would be ideal. I can't believe that's not the story we're getting with this book. Inane.

Mr. Clemens

"You've seen 'em die... now, see 'em in an adventure you KNOW they're gonna survive!"  :D

If not for ADF, I'd definitely give this a miss.

CainsSon

Quote from: Richman678 on Jun 07, 2017, 07:00:53 PM
maybe Yutani was kidnapped and put into cryo sleep somewhere hidden on the Covenant.

Hahahaha!!!

Oh god. This could be a thing now.  ???

tyrannosaurusjones

"Agreed. A graphic novel showing David and Shaw in the ship post Prometheus and pre Covenant would be ideal. I can't believe that's not the story we're getting with this book. Inane."

I'd draw this. And write it if they let me.

426Buddy

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jun 07, 2017, 11:07:05 PM
"Agreed. A graphic novel showing David and Shaw in the ship post Prometheus and pre Covenant would be ideal. I can't believe that's not the story we're getting with this book. Inane."

And we would love you for it lol!

Ive emailed dark horse numerous times begging them to get you on another project ;D

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 07, 2017, 09:55:59 PM
"You've seen 'em die... now, see 'em in an adventure you KNOW they're gonna survive!"  :D

If not for ADF, I'd definitely give this a miss.

"Answers Will Be Questioned."  :laugh:

skhellter

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Jun 07, 2017, 11:07:05 PM

Do a pitch to DarkHorse.

Go full on artsy fartsy with it.
maybe some "Eyes without a face"/"the Skin i live in" inspirations.

Godspeed, mah son.

gantarat

Quote from: SM on Jun 07, 2017, 09:17:54 PM
It has to be tied to the property.

I've lost count of the times I've seen people ask for stuff just about the Company, stuff just set in the universe with no Aliens.

Well, here it is and its 'Well I'm not buying this'.

Somebody needs to find those guys who wanted stuff with no Aliens in.
on standalone novel ? Yes .
on movie prequel novel ? No.

SM

Why?  It's about Company stuff.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hmm interesting, much rather the novel center on David and Shaw's arrival to paradise and the experiments he delves in to create the eggs.

Not sure how many of you know the youtuber celebrity Nostalgia Critic, don't know if his style of comedy is your cuppa tea however he's done a review for Alien vs Predator 2004 in which he gives a balanced reviews of its good points as well as its flaws. A fascinating perspective to see him be critical but fair.

gantarat

Well Covenant movies make me/people think prequel novel will be about david and shawn during 10 years not company complex story.

SM

I don't think that anyone official ever said the novel would be about David and Shaw.

DorkiDori

Quote from: SM on Jun 08, 2017, 01:49:38 AM
I don't think that anyone official ever said the novel would be about David and Shaw.

No, but it simply would make SENSE!!! But with anything Covenant related, throw 'sense' in the garbage, get the large container of 'disapointment' out of the old spice cabinet and pour on liberal amounts!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed