Hiya Toys

Started by Skulexander, Apr 08, 2014, 02:23:52 AM

Author
Hiya Toys (Read 63,400 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Hiya Toys announced their 1/12 scale toyline. Called Exquisite Super Series. No sign of Predator or Alien yet though.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 10, 2022, 06:20:23 PM
Big Bad Toy Store is great, I order from them all the time.

I don't expect you to have any trouble with a replacement from them.

Yeah the typo is on all of them, it's not bootleg. Not sure how that got past QC.

Glad to see she doesn't have the wider head flaps like in the marketing pics. They also have the Resurrection and AVP queens coming. Think I'll be nabbing one of those.

Thanks for the info, I can't believe they spelled Aline on all the boxes. Someone got fired for that one I bet. BBTS is going to replace and I can keep the broken one also. I just noticed the crown can slide down to sheath the face like in the film, neat.

Quote from: judge death on Feb 10, 2022, 06:56:02 PM
Is there a list of all alien figures they have released so far?

Would argue revoltechs alien queen is better and necas at the top. Have 2 of them xD This one is too cartoony in its design so rank it 4 with mclanes. But that is just my preference :P

Hmm alien resurrection one, any pictures of it released yet? :)

I can't see how this appears cartoony in any way. It's like a smaller neca queen and looks pretty movie accurate as far as I can tell.

Not a fan of the Revoltech queen at all.

VincentVegaFFF

VincentVegaFFF

The typo is just on a few Aliens Xenos not their other figures. They're a Chinese company so English probably isn't their strong suit. Their older boxes had a few typos as well. The way I look at it their English is better than my Chinese so you can't be too hard on them.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Got my replacement today. Soon as I touched the arm it busted off at the elbow joint... Thankfully they let me keep the original broken one so I used it for parts and replaced the arm on the new figure.

In the end I'm a little less than satisfied with everything. but I'm also super depressed so hard to get excited about things.

Anyway..

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 13, 2022, 04:29:25 PM
Got my replacement today. Soon as I touched the arm it busted off at the elbow joint... Thankfully they let me keep the original broken one so I used it for parts and replaced the arm on the new figure.

In the end I'm a little less than satisfied with everything. but I'm also super depressed so hard to get excited about things.

Anyway..

Sorry you had to deal with the hassle. In any case, she looks good!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah it looks I pretty good imo.

Also I can use the broken one for parts and for cool poses anyway.

Kailem

Kailem

Visually it looks really cool, but it sucks to hear you suffered from the dreaded quality control issues.

Why can't figures just not break?

VincentVegaFFF

VincentVegaFFF

That's the issue with the Hiya figures, they can be a scary to move around. The Predators are pretty solid now with the joints but the Aliens feel fragile. I've only had one break on me but broke the instant I touched the leg. Luckily it can be glued but it still shouldn't be breaking.

426Buddy

426Buddy

It's fairly easy to pose, so I like that. The Neca Queen looks heavy and not really easy to change poses based on what I've seen/heard. I was always worried about that when I thought about getting one. I'm pretty happy to finally have a queen figure, for me it's been a long time coming.

Kradan

Kradan

She's gorgeous, congrats !

VincentVegaFFF

VincentVegaFFF

She is indeed a thing of beauty.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I finally got the 'Aliens' Alien Warrior (or as the packaging put it, "ALINE WARRIOR") and so far I'm actually not that impressed. It feels a little delicate, especially compared to other Hiya stuff I've got, even compared to their old 'Colonial Marines' Alien Warrior. The mouth doesn't actually close and looks a little goofy, the alternate set of hands are almost identical to the regular set, and the head articulation in general is kinda questionable.

Maybe I'm being too hard on it, but I was really looking forward to this one, especially since I really like their Colonial Marines version. I figured years of advancements and experience plus being faithful to the movie design would make this a slam dunk.

bobcunk

bobcunk

The Avpr Warrior alien was delivered yesterday.

Seedkiller

Seedkiller

I got their wolf predator (since neca will never release theirs..) and although it's pretty decent, it's super annoying that you can't put his arms straight down (like their other figures do).
I swear, what does somebody have to do to get a perfect wolf?
And please nobody tell me to get a hot toys. I don't believe in dropping a half of a g on a stupid figure

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed