Sega's European Boss comments on A:CM and CA's upcoming Alien title...

Started by JustaGrunt, Aug 10, 2013, 10:14:16 PM

Author
Sega's European Boss comments on A:CM and CA's upcoming Alien title... (Read 34,069 times)

Jarac

Jarac

Haven't seen an Alien purist in a long time.

acheronbeing

SM

Local Trouble

Here's my impression:  >:( @ Jimmy's ants

SM

SIMULANT

Willing to give any new alien based game a chance no matter how many terrible games are made. I love the franchise and love any new media that may be made.

I bought Alien resurrection Postcard collection book
So I'll be  drawn into buying any new game at some point but not at launch.

Local Trouble

Screw CA.  Get back to me when Sega gets SM to make an Alien title.

SM

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 11, 2013, 06:17:09 PM
Sega should make a new game that contradicts everything that happened in A:CM, just for spite.

Hold on there...

True, A:CM was very disappointing (putting it lightly). But I think Sega/CA should worry more about putting their best efforts towards a good Alien game rather than trying to spite someone else and potentially screwing themselves over in the process, suffering from putting out a game of lesser quality over it. Putting out a good quality game that many will enjoy and love is spite enough (if you really want spite that is).

Anyway, I'm hoping this upcoming game will really go the more "Alien" route as opposed to the "Aliens" route, I think the world could use a little more "Alien" as it's probably had enough of "Aliens" (AvP2010 which was okay, A:CM which was very disappointing) for now. Time for something different I think. I like the sound of "dark and slow paced" from the game's mentioning in February. I was actually very recently talking about this upcoming game a bit with others in another thread relating to playthroughs of "Amnesia: The Dark Decent" and "SCP Containment Breach".

In response to the interview part that says "Colonial Marines, although it didn't review well, did sell well to start.", well, that's because things like "ALIENS" and "FPS VIDEO GAME" and "MOVIE AUTHENTICITY" were slapped on a lunchbox and it started selling. Even I was raving that it was going to be my game of the year before it was released... I was so wrong.

Anyway, bring on this kind of stuff...

Spoiler

[close]

windebieste

Local Trouble

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 15, 2013, 11:10:59 AM
True, A:CM was very disappointing (putting it lightly). But I think Sega/CA should worry more about putting their best efforts towards a good Alien game rather than trying to spite someone else and potentially screwing themselves over in the process, suffering from putting out a game of lesser quality over it. Putting out a good quality game that many will enjoy and love is spite enough (if you really want spite that is).

Well, yeah, if you're sane.  What if you just want to watch the world burn?

SM

Jarac

Remember, Colonial Marines was made out of spite for Alien 3. The best form of revenge/spite is to make an Alien(s) game that people love.

acheronbeing

acheronbeing

Alien3 was already my second favourite film after alien, and this game came only to make me stand by my already old belief about the total superiority of both films over the second. In fact, I should be grateful to the hardcore alien(s) fans for pushing for the making of a game like this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed