Sega's European Boss comments on A:CM and CA's upcoming Alien title...

Started by JustaGrunt, Aug 10, 2013, 10:14:16 PM

Author
Sega's European Boss comments on A:CM and CA's upcoming Alien title... (Read 34,245 times)

Thomas

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 11, 2013, 06:17:09 PM
Sega should make a new game that contradicts everything that happened in A:CM, just for spite.

Trust me you are not the only one who want a REALLY good Aliens game to do away with all that´s happend.......

JustaGrunt

Quote from: ikarop on Aug 11, 2013, 12:45:16 PM
I posted about Darkside here well before the DLC came out and I've seen with my own eyes how some of the levels were laid out by GBX employees. As I've said before too, the DLC was then finalized by Darkside while overseen by GBX, which is a common practice nowadays as you can tell by their portfolio, but people from GBX definitely worked on it, some of them up to the last minute.

Thanks for the feedback, ikarop, and for helping out with this thread.  As you mentioned, I have found these forums to be a lot more forthcoming with information about A:CM and certainly appreciate all the news updates because it has allowed the community to have a better understanding of the game's development.  Just to be clear, I wasn't referring to AVPGalaxy when I wrote about people being misguided on who to either praise or blame for the DLC content.  For example, from what I've seen around the net, a lot of people have no clue that "Stasis Interrupted" was outsourced and associate the entire production to Gearbox.  The same seems to have occurred with Demiurge and Nerve too, unfortunately, who, in my opinion, did excellent work and did not receive their due credit from the community at large.

By combing through the resumes from various employees at these different studios, I, along with many others, have been able to track the contributions from these studios (Demiurge, Nerve, TimeGate, and Dark Side) and can attest that their efforts have been very sizable indeed.  These contributions consist of entire levels or gameplay segments that can be found across single player, multiplayer, and DLC content.  From what I understand, Gearbox has mostly been involved with DLC oversight and, in some cases, with planning certain easter eggs.   As far as the size of the team goes, I wish I had an exact number, but from what I have been told, I believe it can be best described as a small skeleton crew, as GBX is said to be busy preparing content for Homeworld, Borderlands 2 DLC, and Borderlands 3. 

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: JustaGrunt on Aug 11, 2013, 08:16:03 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Aug 11, 2013, 12:45:16 PM
I posted about Darkside here well before the DLC came out and I've seen with my own eyes how some of the levels were laid out by GBX employees. As I've said before too, the DLC was then finalized by Darkside while overseen by GBX, which is a common practice nowadays as you can tell by their portfolio, but people from GBX definitely worked on it, some of them up to the last minute.
Just to be clear, I wasn't referring to AVPGalaxy when I wrote about people being misguided on who to either praise or blame for the DLC content.
NP and I'm aware. After all it was us who revealed that bit along with many others. I think it's very important that people are aware of the level of outsourcing that went into the game but I think it's also important to note that this is a common practice nowadays and that the main studios usually do a portion of the work like it was the case with Stasis Interrupted and other stuff. For instance here you can see a GBX developer who worked on that DLC:

http://www.brenthollon3d.com/162426/1632543/professional-work/aliens-colonial-marines-%282013%29-visual-design-work

And while we're at it, some unused sections of the Derelict: http://jeremybrown.squarespace.com/

acheronbeing

Quote from: demonbane on Aug 11, 2013, 06:19:52 AM
So Gearbox didn't work on dlc? Then are people who salute Gearbox's effort on their forum idiots?
Basically

cloverfan98

It amazes me just how much of a disaster this game has become and I'm not necessarily talking about the game itself but the whole drama surrounding it and its developers.

Hemi

The stills, the assets, and the screenshots taken by the fans show a game that is very pretty and very "Aliens" imo. But ACM should be more then just a museum as the support, gameplay, story, animations and netcode are just terrible.  Such a waste of these fenominal assets. Gearbox had gold with these assets, but their hearts were with a different franchise. What a waste.

Thomas

Its funny that a thread that was supposed to be about CA upcomming Alien title has become a testament to what a dissapointment A: CM is....... :-[

Before anyone haggels me, im guilty as well, but i think its because so many was expection something really amazing and ended up with a crappy game that never should have been released, or a game that should have been given to someone who gets it....... :(

P.S. i find it funny that everyone envolved in A:CM are bussy pointing fingers at everyone else but themselves....... ::)

Xenomorphine

Those are beautifully realised derelict interiors...

WinterActual

Sega should make a new game that contradicts everything that happened in A:CM, just for spite.
SEGA and FOX should smack their dumb heads in the table and forget about suing everybody who tries to do something nice with the franchise. I am tired of seeing GREAT AMAZING projects dying because FOX decided to act like a homo. The Aliens VS Marine CryEngine 2 project was AWESOME in every aspect but NO!!! FOX HAD TO shut it down, what a bastards.

acheronbeing

acheronbeing

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 12, 2013, 06:17:09 PM
SEGA and FOX should smack their dumb heads in the table and forget about suing everybody who tries to do something nice with the franchise. I am tired of seeing GREAT AMAZING projects dying because FOX decided to act like a homo. The Aliens VS Marine CryEngine 2 project was AWESOME in every aspect but NO!!! FOX HAD TO shut it down, what a bastards.
nuking Fox HQ from orbit is the one and only hope that remains, so they release the alien franchise eventually.

Fox is the one and only problem we actually have since the days of A:R. What you are talking about is just the 486357623th example of that, and now with Prometheus we can be sure retardation at Fox will never end, just like the alien casualization for the kiddy audience.

Did you know they call these new generation tiny roflmao "aliens" that should bring about the laughs of every single aliens fan "Evolution of the IP"?, this is what the brains of the Foxtards in charge of the alien franchise think on the matter, nothing more. Prometheus was just the icing on the cake, just like the avp movies, clearly designed for the kids and popcorn as well.

predxeno

Quote from: JustaGrunt on Aug 10, 2013, 10:14:16 PM
It has been suggested to me that once the false advertising suit is settled with Sega/Gearbox, Sega may very well turn around and sue Gearbox for damages, including any that may come from the false advertising case.  To learn more about this issue and help support the cause, please consider signing the following petition to  help promote truth in advertising in the video game industry:

https://www.change.org/petitions/judge-maria-elena-james-sega-of-america-gearbox-studios-edelson-llc-support-refunds-for-a-cm-purchasers-who-feel-misled-by-deceptive-advertising

I'd sign a petition to sue Gearbox for spending A:CM funds on Borderlands 2.  However, if Gearbox did in fact , then it's outright theft and Gearbox REALLY DID shit all over the Aliens franchise.  Personally, I've never been upset with the enhanced graphics in the demo not being present in the game; I am always very skeptical regarding effects in a demo as opposed to the game.

Jarac

Jarac

I don't see the comment about the game selling well as a bad thing, necessarily. It did sell well (because of false advertising and years of hype). But he is right in that it proves that there is still an appetite for Alien(s). I like Creative Assembly, and I like how it seems that SEGA is aware of the incredible amount of outsourcing that happened with A:CM and is keeping things "in-house" so-to-speak. I just pray that, once again, they don't f**k up. SEGA's got a huge hill to climb after the A:CM fiasco. There will be less pre-orders and people will wait for damn reviews this time.

predxeno

Alien fans will jump onboard either way, so we're already screwed. :laugh:

RobThom

RobThom

I wish they'd call it the alienS franchise.

None of these horrible games, movies or comic books have more than the most superficial and distorted relationship to Alien.

:(

Quote from: predxeno on Aug 13, 2013, 04:02:03 AM
Alien fans will jump onboard either way, so we're already screwed. :laugh:

AlienS fans.
;)

An alienS/franchise fan might also like Alien,
but I dont feel that an Alien fan is required to also accept knockoff crap.

SM

Because they're being tied down to a chair to do just that, eh?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed