Aliens: Steel Egg Announced

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 22, 2007, 07:12:51 PM

Author
Aliens: Steel Egg Announced (Read 2,351 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As you AvPG visitors should know by know, John Shirley – author of Predator Forever Midnight – has written an Aliens novel. Sometime ago we found out about this novel and have since revealed plot details and cover art. Finally, the novel has gotten a page on the Dark Horse site:

“Someone on Earth knew about the aliens. Someone battled them, and survived. Before Ripley, there was a first encounter. Aliens and humans have fought before. . . When a human spaceship discovers a vast egg-shaped vessel in Saturn’s orbit, the crew powers in to investigate. Thinking the ship might contain usable metal for Earth, they force their way aboard. Three teams split up to explore the ship. Already the aliens have awoken. The first of all the battles unfolds.”

The page also includes an image of the novel’s final cover art. You can view the profile page on the Dark Horse website. For some reason though, the novel isn’t up on the DH Press website yet. Steel Egg is due out in october.

War Wager

War Wager

I dont really read novels but Forever Midnight is supposed to be very poor, I hope he makes a good Alien novel...    :-\  

Corporal Hicks

It's not poor. It's just it contradicts and ignores the Yautjas. I've written a review...somewhere...  Here! http://www.avpgalaxy.net/literature.php?section=reviewnovelpredatorfm

Corporal Hicks

Personally, I like the idea. It's a shame the Egg isn't a Jockey ship but I'd love to know what this new race has to do with the Aliens.

tone

tone

So much for no one knowing about the aliens before the first alien film    ;)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed