Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective Alien figure

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 13, 2021, 08:05:42 AM

Author
Mezco Toyz One:12 Collective Alien figure (Read 14,223 times)

Crazy Rich

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 15, 2021, 12:04:43 PMIn what world is a $100 action figure a good deal?  :laugh:

Prices must be insane in Australia lol

SiL

It's like $80 for Neca and has been for years. Even when they were cheaper they were around $55-$60.

Crazy Rich

I'm just thinking about how I got stuff on my shelves over $200 like it ain't no biggie.

I feel called out.  :laugh:

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 14, 2022, 09:11:22 PMI'm just thinking about how I got ponies and waifus on my shelves over $200 like it ain't no biggie.

I feel called out.  :laugh:

I mean, I have a garage full of Warhammer so it's not like I can talk price that much, but I do feel that when the quality control and paintjobs are what they are with NECA the asking prices are a bit of a pisstake.

Crazy Rich

I avoid NECA myself actually as I had NECA figures ages ago and I recall the quality control being pretty hit and miss.

[cancerblack]

Still is. The only way I'd pay the current prices is if they were cast in a much harder plastic and came unpainted and unassembled, because I'd rather do the work myself (assuming that baseline quality increase) than fix the cheap materials and chinese slave labour paints.

(Bad Blood)

Neca really is hit or miss, it's usually miss. As for the Mezco Alien, I think the dome is just off and way too transparent.

Corporal Hicks

I've never liked buying NECA online because I want to check the paintjobs with my own eyes.

skull-splitter

Anyone got theirs yet?

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Quote from: skull-splitter on Dec 04, 2022, 10:03:03 AMAnyone got theirs yet?

Mine just arrived today! I'll hopefully be able to post pics in a minute...

Overall I have to say I'm really impressed. Probably my favourite big chap now. Looks better than neca's, although not as articulated. Probably doesn't look as good as mafex but I still hated that figure for falling apart on me all the time. This mezco big chap can be made to stand on its own very easily, and he feels heavy and solid. Comes with his own stand fyi although I don't know if it's really necessary. The main issue is that like with what other reviewers have said elsewhere, I don't know if the rubber suit will hold up over time.

I didn't like having to spend $150 cad but this guy is definitely worth more than neca's.

StayFrosty

I am so mad right now... there must be quality control issues. What else is new in this day and age for action figures!???

I just realized my big chap has two right feet!

Things like this always make me want to stop buying figures...

littlesprout

Quote from: StayFrosty on Jan 19, 2023, 03:07:26 AMI am so mad right now... there must be quality control issues. What else is new in this day and age for action figures!???

Is the inner mouth supposed to look like that? The teeth looks to dull too. Other than that very cool figure

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: StayFrosty on Jan 19, 2023, 03:07:26 AMI am so mad right now... there must be quality control issues. What else is new in this day and age for action figures!???

You could probably contact Mezco customer service and try to get a replacement since it's quite a new figure. Or possibly the place you bought it from.

RidgeTop

StayFrosty

Update on my situation with the big chap that came with two right feet:

At first, I was so jaded about it that I was going to keep the figure to use to remind me why I should never buy another action figure again. Indeed, it's unacceptable that all these factory errors are happening.

Well... I did get a little over that. Took a good few weeks, but finally I contacted mezco. And they basically told me to screw off. Said to contact the eBay dealer I got it from. I don't find that fair to me, nor the third party I bought it from.

Anyway, I did contact the eBay dealer. I basically explained the situation nicely and said how mezco told me to contact them. I even said that I don't think it's any of the dealer's concern, and I was just looking for advice on what to do next.

Well, they got back to me right away and told me to send the figure back to them for a refund (none of the same figure left in stock). They even said they'd refund my return shipping fee. I did just that. While they never did live up to their word to refund my return shipping (and I won't make a a stink about it), they immediately did refund the original transaction as soon as I gave them a tracking number! I went to Amazon and purchased a new mezco big chap.

I just got the new big chap. Cost me a bit more than the one I got on eBay. Oh well I guess. The new figure seems to be perfect!

Overall, quite a shitty experience. At least it worked out in the end. I am a fan of this figure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed