Weyland Yutani Menu Backgrounds

Started by The Necronoir, May 03, 2020, 04:10:07 PM

Author
Weyland Yutani Menu Backgrounds (Read 6,482 times)

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I always thought the Weyland Yutani promotional videos featured in this game were a really nice touch, and perhaps weren't given the attention they deserved. So why not use them to replace the (rather underwhelming) looping facehugger scan from the main menu, I thought to myself.

Viola!

While I was at it, I also did a little modification to each of the species menu screens, adding appropriate sound effects and a bit more visual noise, with the WY symbol overlaid as well.

Files are available from ModDB here:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/weyland-yutani-menu-backgrounds

Corporal Hicks

Ha! That's so cool. Always enjoyed those little propganda pieces.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Yeah, I thought they gave us some insight into how the company would present itself publicly, as opposed to all the underhanded stuff we saw in the films. You could argue that they pre-empted the Prometheus viral marketing stuff in that respect.

I suppose they may have fallen on the controversial side through their links to the game's fairly definitive ruling on the Michael Bishop / Bishop II android debate though, at least within the sub-canon of this particular title. Interesting that Colonial Marines happened to reinforce it though.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: The Necronoir on May 04, 2020, 12:22:38 PM
I suppose they may have fallen on the controversial side through their links to the game's fairly definitive ruling on the Michael Bishop / Bishop II android debate though, at least within the sub-canon of this particular title. Interesting that Colonial Marines happened to reinforce it though.

AKA Game nobody cares about at this point  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed