*SPOILERS* Ideas for follow-up in the Sequel (story/content)

Started by X-SOLDIER, Feb 23, 2010, 06:38:15 PM

Author
*SPOILERS* Ideas for follow-up in the Sequel (story/content) (Read 13,636 times)

nico_celtic

I WANT A SEQUEL!! the game ends perfect!!!!!!!!!

X-SOLDIER

As a Marine, I think that the classic Alien "Big Dark Room with Hanging Chains" do well for space, and make for interesting encounters, cause they've got the room for the Predators, the corners, and LoS for Marines, and the small/Dark areas for the Xenomorphs.

I'd also like to see more stuff with vents for the Xenomorphs to crawl from walls into the ceilings as a method of escaping the Marines, especially with the "Jump to Vents" capability, rather than a more simple "Point A to B" tunnel.

I really want to see an Alien hive environment with lighting changes, and a bunch of those "Is it a Xenomrph, or a wall?" moments.

I've also been thinking that a Space Jockey / SJ-spawned Xenomorph would make some awesome bosses. The Space Jockey would be an interesting fight for the Predator as they likely have comprable technology, and it would be a totally unique battle, and the SJ-Spawned Xenomorph would just be all around good times & something new for Marine or Predator. The Aliens could take on whatever god awful creation W-Y's managed to stitch together from their research (since we've seen the cloaking Synthetics)

X 8)

Dowly

I say leave all the mysteries for the movies to explain... or get Ridley Scott to direct the cutscenes for the sequel. :D

Keg

Quote from: X-SOLDIER on Feb 24, 2010, 12:10:36 AM

I really want to see an Alien hive environment with lighting changes, and a bunch of those "Is it a Xenomrph, or a wall?" moments.

X 8)

Agreed. Although it was cool in this game where they come out of the wall just like in aliens, you could clearly see them and they stood out. I'm still glad it was incorporated into the game but it can be vastly improved. With next gen graphics you really could make it look like it did in Aliens where you couldnt see it until they literally moved. God that'll be scary as hell moving through areas like that if it could be pulled off.

Elude

Interesting story although I dislike the artifact aboard the WY ship to prevent the predators from attacking it.

On an unrelated note.

I always had this theory that perhaps the jockey from Alien could have given the predators their technology somehwere down the road, I mean to me the predators seem still very tribal to have developed such technology, and used it for so long. Not only would that make sense for them being the way they are now, but it would also make sense of how they are so familiar with the xenomorphs.

Keg

Quote from: Elude on Feb 24, 2010, 12:34:42 AM
Interesting story although I dislike the artifact aboard the WY ship to prevent the predators from attacking it.

On an unrelated note.

I always had this theory that perhaps the jockey from Alien could have given the predators their technology somehwere down the road, I mean to me the predators seem still very tribal to have developed such technology, and used it for so long. Not only would that make sense for them being the way they are now, but it would also make sense of how they are so familiar with the xenomorphs.

Hmm i like that i really do. For the Predators to have so much advanced technology and space travel many thousands of years ago it almost seems daft that a bunch of nomadic hunters could design and build all that. I suggested although they are nomadic and tribal in nature they must have some sort of city type area with industry and commerce (albeit very different from what we know) to produce these things. Obviously this suggestion got shot down and im not surprised because it seems to go against everything the predators are and represent. So if thats the case how do you explain their technology? The way you described it does that nicely.

X-SOLDIER

Quote from: Keg on Feb 24, 2010, 12:31:50 AM
Quote from: X-SOLDIER on Feb 24, 2010, 12:10:36 AM

X 8)

Agreed. Although it was cool in this game where they come out of the wall just like in aliens, you could clearly see them and they stood out. I'm still glad it was incorporated into the game but it can be vastly improved. With next gen graphics you really could make it look like it did in Aliens where you couldnt see it until they literally moved. God that'll be scary as hell moving through areas like that if it could be pulled off.

I know what you mean. I had most times where I'd look down, and just say, "I don't trust that wall..." Shoot at it, and the alien'd come running. I think the PERFECT way to pull it off, would to have molded areas where the Xenomorphs molted & grew, so you'd have indentations in the walls that looked like Xenomorphs from a distance, but when you got close, you could tell they were embedded into the walls, and not sticking out.

Quote from: Elude on Feb 24, 2010, 12:34:42 AM

On an unrelated note.

Thanks. I'm not 100% keen on the Artifact excuse either, but it was my best idea for them not blasting the ship like they did at the beginning of AvP, any Predator distress signal usually involves a dead/dying predator & in that case, blowing up the ship to take away the technology from the humans comes at virtually no loss.

I really want to see the relationship between the Predators & Space Jockeys explored. It'd be really interesting if the SJs were to the Predators, what the Predators were to the Humans as far as teaching them how to build, etc. Either way it's a relationship that should be explored.

X 8)

Chaotic-Strike

I would like to see the single player maps not being recycled between species unless it bonus missions like avp gold. I would like the story to actually be improved I enjoyed avp2 story much more over this one.

szuran

Space Jockeys are one of the best elements of the movies, so leave them alone. Don't solve that mystery.

And Predators - have you read the instructions? They explained their tribal style quite nice. It's an old race, very rare and scattered. I like that. It explains why they're so advanced, but "dirty" and "rusty".

happypred

the planet Karl Weyland believed to be the alien homeworld is only one of many ancient abandoned jockey planets (a vast number of aliens lie dormant/hibernating in a vast cavernous jockey city)

think something along the lines of Destroying Angels, the new DH Aliens comic series, or even Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness

this planet is significant to the predators because the predators revere the jockeys as ancient gods and hunts conducted on this planet are considered to be sacred, rarely are they conducted and then almost always by lone elders

the aliens on this planet are also "special" as they are an ancient strain birthed from jockey hosts

I think the jockeys are worth exploring, but as in Destroying Angels, I think if it involves only an abandoned jockey city or something along those lines, it deepens rather than removes the mystery

MadassAlex

Quote from: Chaotic-Strike on Feb 24, 2010, 02:49:37 AM
I would like to see the single player maps not being recycled between species unless it bonus missions like avp gold. I would like the story to actually be improved I enjoyed avp2 story much more over this one.

Sssssssorta.

I think this game had some good examples of consistent use of maps and some good examples of overusing one area and it losing its power. There should've been more Alien-exclusive and Predator-exclusive areas or waypoints. Remember that anywhere a Predator can go, an Alien can go, too, so you can have battles in really precarious locations.

This could also be used to further the narrative's consistency. Returning to an area as an Alien after already being there in a previous mission, but using new paths cleared by the player Predator/Marine unlocking the ventilation system or somesuch would lend a lot more purpose to the game.

skuLLy

skuLLy

If a sequel comes out in the future, I wanna see some cool levels like:

- Playing in a predator mothership with any species, like your a marine squad assaulting a pred mother ship, the level designs should be cool. or your an alien, that has to find a way out of the pred ship or harvest n infest the pred ship. N pred's objective is to defend..
- Playing in a marine ship like tyrargo or marlow, you could be a pred hunting party and infiltrate to kill or collect. A marine to defend or evacuate, and an alien to just overwhelm shit.
- more alien hive levels, like your an elite pred hunting group who travel to a large alien hive and your mission is to storm the hive and retrieve the queens head as a trophy. Humans interfere somehow, they roll up and tries to interrupt the pred's queen hunt. Alien is simply to defend, obey queen, n again overwhelm and infest shit to grow.

The sequel should be upscale and more epic war like to compete with big games like cod, halo, starcraft, but staying true to the series. Avp doesnt need any more reboots, now its on to the next one, expansion, new weapons, new moves, better gameplay, aiming down the sights, maybe even throw in an upgrading system or customizable options like create your pred, alien, or marine. The more options, the better. Throw in split screen for survivior n multiplayer, not campaign because campaign is strictly solo. I want the sequel this time to be the best of the best game. Im a die hard fan, soo if its rebellion or another gaming company whos going to do the sequel, start working now so this game could be the one.

Big Head Ninja

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Close them, both. No point, none of those will get used, and most of them are just plain generic.

X-SOLDIER

I think that if there's not TOO much added, the Space Jockeys (or at least the remains of a portion of their civilization / ship) would be a good addition in the Sequel. I have to agree that making them too involved with the story could ruin a portion of the mystery surrounding them that makes them so intriguing. I think that seeing one of the SJ-spawned Xenomorphs, possibly even an ancient would be a good idea, especially since we know they burst out of the one in the ship on LV-426, and as far as I'm aware, that one's still not accounted for.

X 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed