"Enter Vent" and "Transition" as an Alien

Started by VEF214, Jan 21, 2010, 02:04:18 PM

Author
"Enter Vent" and "Transition" as an Alien (Read 16,339 times)

Brother

Not really, it's going to be more complicated for consoles to enter vents without the mechanic. Learning to do it is part of the fun.

l3awl3ag

Quote from: Brother on Jan 31, 2010, 11:46:12 PM
Not really, it's going to be more complicated for consoles to enter vents without the mechanic. Learning to do it is part of the fun.
How'd you figure that?

Brother

Which one didn't you get, the console part or the learning part?

l3awl3ag

The console part. The learning I can get behind.

I think this "Enter Vent" and "Transition" mechanic is there to make it easier for everyone. I just want to know why you think it's going to be harder for someone using one platform and easier for the other.

Brother

Some complex movements in the game will be hard to preform on a controller, the mechanic is making it simple. True that it makes it easier for everyone.

FiveByFive

ok, so maybe this has been said before...

About transitioning - I'dd rather only have to press RT and hold it down to climb on a wall or ceiling or whatever...RT would be used as a "stick to wall" button, like in AVP1 and 2. Simply letting go of the RT would make you fall back to the floor.

about the enter vent - obviously, if the vent is on the ground or on a wall that you are currently walking on, I believe it should be more simple if you could walk in and out freely. But, looking at the video, if youre on the ground and a vent is on a ceiling, its way easier to enter it by tapping A button than it is to jump, stick to the ceiling, then walk in it freely. I think the A button scheme is a "aim-shoot" way of getting in the vent without doing the "jump-stick to ceiling-enter vent" manually. Having said that, if you are walking in a cramped space, and want to walk on the other side of a hole in the vent shaft, then it would be impossible to do so if you would freely enter or exit the hole without pressing a command.

In conclusion, any opening steming out of a wall (vertical wall) should be freely accessed or exited, while any opening from a floor (unless you want to drop in the vent, not drop out of it) or ceiling should be a VERY QUICK animation.

Just my opinion.

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: Brother on Feb 01, 2010, 12:49:32 AM
Some complex movements in the game will be hard to preform on a controller, the mechanic is making it simple. True that it makes it easier for everyone.

I've never come across any movement that can be done with a mouse that can't be done with a controller.

Xeno dude

Ill just put the sensitivity to insane, like i do on every fps shooter

vess

Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Feb 01, 2010, 06:23:35 PM
Quote from: Brother on Feb 01, 2010, 12:49:32 AM

I've never come across any movement that can be done with a mouse that can't be done with a controller.

I think someone confused aiming better for moving better.

SoggyWorm

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but is it possible that the transition command is for balancing purposes? I mean they are incredible fast right, so shooting them will be kind of difficult right? So if an alien has to escape isn't it fair that the marine gets a chance to kill them if they are escaping? Just like if a marine tries to escape then an alien or predator could just grab them and trophy kill them (I'm assuming so anyway).
Just thinking that it might be that, although the more and more i think about that the more stupid it sounds because realistically marines should not stand a chance against an alien right? I dunno, what you guys think?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed